Panorama X2 firmware 1.02.03 (Rear Parking mode camera recording enhanced / Stability Improved)

The g-sensor is located inside the main unit up front, this is normal.
I understand that the gsensor is housed in the main unit up front. My expectation is that if activated, both cameras would record.

Is this not the case?

I would think it should. Are you looking in the event folder or the parking folder for the files?

Are you looking in the event folder or the parking folder for the files?
They should be in the parking folder. But from the video I included you can see the rear doesn't record (which is why I'm not getting a file).

[9:32:36 PM] Jon If you have a hit and run where someone side swipes your rear trunk/bumper out of motion range, will only front video record?

[9:34:49 PM] S.M Jang: Both record

[9:35:03 PM] S.M Jang: G sensor triggers both

Can someone please explain this to me..... I approach my car from the rear, get in, turn the car on and the camera starts up with the startup beep. So here's me thinking that the low voltage cut off kicked in while I was parked in the office car park, but when i check the parking footage the video of me walking behind my car from 30 seconds before is there.... How does that make sense? This has happened before but I didn't have any proper reference events to confirm it so thought I was going a bit crazy

Is there any way the settings could be saved when upgrading firmware?

Can someone please explain this to me..... I approach my car from the rear, get in, turn the car on and the camera starts up with the startup beep. So here's me thinking that the low voltage cut off kicked in while I was parked in the office car park, but when i check the parking footage the video of me walking behind my car from 30 seconds before is there.... How does that make sense? This has happened before but I didn't have any proper reference events to confirm it so thought I was going a bit crazy

I think the start up screen and beep is switching of the X2 from Parking Mode to Drive Mode. If you want to see if low voltage kicked in, probably a better choice would be to press the screen before you insert your key and see if it responds?

Is there any way the settings could be saved when upgrading firmware?

Probably should be added on the wishlist thread if it isn't already. It's a extra step we go through each time right now, especially since the bugs aren't ironed out yet. Once things settle down, I would think it will be more bearable if they can't get the settings to stick from FW to FW.

I think the start up screen and beep is switching of the X2 from Parking Mode to Drive Mode. If you want to see if low voltage kicked in, probably a better choice would be to press the screen before you insert your key and see if it responds

That's not correct. When you turn the ignition on the screen will wake up (assuming you have the LCD standby time set) and switch to drive mode. In this instance it appeared to start up from fresh even though it had recorded me walking behind my car only 30 seconds beforehand. I also tried to touch the screen but got no response..... I often tap it to double check it's working

[9:32:36 PM] Jon If you have a hit and run where someone side swipes your rear trunk/bumper out of motion range, will only front video record?

[9:34:49 PM] S.M Jang: Both record

[9:35:03 PM] S.M Jang: G sensor triggers both

I can also confirm currently it does not work this way. With Motion off in Park Mode, activation of Gsensor only records the front. Like @NZDashcam posted, there is nothing in the Park folder for the rear cam. So I highly suggest that Motion is set to ON for now or users will be very disappointed if a car hits their rear and leaves.

That's not correct. When you turn the ignition on the screen will wake up (assuming you have the LCD standby time set) and switch to drive mode. In this instance it appeared to start up from fresh even though it had recorded me walking behind my car only 30 seconds beforehand. I also tried to touch the screen but got no response..... I often tap it to double check it's working

You mean, you got no response from the screen before starting the car?

You mean, you got no response from the screen before starting the car?
Nope. It booted up when I turned on the ignition which is incorrect. It should have just woken up the screen and switched to drive mode

I can also confirm currently it does not work this way. With Motion off in Park Mode, activation of Gsensor only records the front. Like @NZDashcam posted, there is nothing in the Park folder for the rear cam. So I highly suggest that Motion is set to ON for now or users will be very disappointed if a car hits their rear and leaves.
Makes me feel better that someone else has the issue. At least I know its a bug and the wonderful team will be able to fix it, and not a faulty unit.

Nope. It booted up when I turned on the ignition which is incorrect. It should have just woken up the screen and switched to drive mode
I would try again. Is it possible it just shut down on low voltage just as you got to the car?

I would try again. Is it possible it just shut down on low voltage just as you got to the car?
It's not the first time it's happened. It just feels like too much of a coincidence....

Just a thought: does the start of the car (which gives a powerdip during cycle) perhaps trigger the low-voltage cut off?

EDIT: or even the use of remote buttons for opening/closing the car?

Last edited:
That's what I'm thinking too, every vehicle is a bit different.
Another thought, but rather for the wishlist; write a small log file that just before shutdown of cutoff write a log entry that the cut-off was initiated (timestamped)?

Back