Panorama X2 firmware 1.02.03 (Rear Parking mode camera recording enhanced / Stability Improved)

I had the issue with 1.02.03 here today where it was totally dead when starting the car - pulled the cable for ten seconds and replaced and it powered up and worked fine

I had the issue with 1.02.03 here today where it was totally dead when starting the car - pulled the cable for ten seconds and replaced and it powered up and worked fine

How long was the car off?

About ten hours so not that long to be honest, it's been stood longer than that on older versions. Fingers crossed they can fix it quickly

Panorama X2 firmware 1.02.03

-Rear Parking mode camera recording fixed
-Driving/Parking transition stability improved
>
>
>
The firmware prior to 1.02.03 was 1.02.01 & 1.01.09 (all previous fixes and features carried over)

Would it be fair to say hold off updating from 1.02.02 till the rear cam issue is sorted? Or does 1.02.02 have similar issues?

Last edited by a moderator:
no lockups for me. do not use voltage cut off. never have since i had the x2.

also have not seen any issues with this cam across the last few updates. been quite solid, and i use 128gb cards and with my settings i can go just about 5 days without a card swap.

i do think those that use voltage cutoff have more issues than those (does anyone other than myself?) that dont use it.

i have never had the cam lock up.

I don't have one of these cameras so I'm just following along at a distance and just trying to look at things subjectively based on the feedback, to my mind there's something in the low voltage cutout workflow that is not quite right, I think as a next step I would look into some basic logging, even if it were just reading the voltage and embedding the selected cutoff and actual voltage as detected in to the OSD so there was a record kept that could be checked at each lockup to try and establish a pattern, not easy when the cameras are out in the field to collect the data but that's exactly where you're going to have these issues so some thought needs to go into how best to journal this

No lock ups with the low voltage off. The rear camera not recording is still present in 1.2.3 though

Since there is no buttons and the firmware is changing fast, how would you recover from a bad update flash?

I've had mine running both with and without the low voltage cutoff set and definitely only had issues when it's been switched on. We definitely need that logging option to help smooth out the bugs

Buttons or not this is still an issue if you brick it
Un bricking would easy if you can get to the boot loader. Since there is no buttons or usb port how can you get to the boot loader? Just curious. Do you need to put a header on the board and use some other software and a dongle?

No it's not supported, if you brick it it's a brick
If it bricks whilst updating the firmware and you've followed the instructions, is that covered under the warranty? I only ask coz every time I've updated the firmware it gets stuck on the first attempt and then I have to pull the power and try again

It's a grey area as far as me getting credit from the factory so be careful everyone or I get to eat it.. For the most part yes you're covered by me if instructions were followed and nothing foolish was done that caused the brick. Always make sure engine is running and power is 100% stable before the update.

If it bricks whilst updating the firmware and you've followed the instructions, is that covered under the warranty? I only ask coz every time I've updated the firmware it gets stuck on the first attempt and then I have to pull the power and try again
Great question.
Seems like your playing with fire!

We wouldn't want you to lose out Jon, so hope a proper solution is sorted!

I've seen a few units freeze during the end of the update a few versions ago but they always recover post power cycle so far.

I'm not aware of any normal update bricked units.

We only had one update brick so far and that was because the the customer applied the update to a unit that had a bad shorted power cord causing early shutdowns. A few of the very early release power cords had a design defect. The new power cables shipped over the last few months are much thicker and there are no issues.

so again the one and only brick to date was somebody applying the update not realizing bad power during an update = brick

It's a grey area as far as me getting credit from the factory so be careful everyone or I get to eat it..
Really? I could understand if its a non approved firmware, but I understood these to be official updates, so in all honesty they should be covered. For your benefit and ours.

Really? I could understand if its a non approved firmware, but I understood these to be official updates, so in all honesty they should be covered. For your benefit and ours.

if a customer breaks it it's not covered under warranty, pretty much standard for everyone, Ambarella products can be recovered pretty easily, these are the exception though rather than the rule

Back