Panorama X2 firmware 1.02.04 (Power Control Calibrated/Measured Values raised, Increased Stability)

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
Panorama X2 firmware 1.02.04

GQCVeMfl.jpg

-Power Control Re-Calibrated/Measured Voltage Values raised to match closer.

-Increased Stability

1) Download 1.02.04
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cdl8enirm3jzujr/DHD_FullBurn.ELF?dl=1

2) Copy "DHD_FullBurn.ELF" to the root of each microSD card. (meaning not inside any folders)

3) Insert the microSD cards into your Panorama X2
(Important, your vehicle's engine must be running to ensure power is stable! Do not perform the update with the engine off)

4) Navigate via the easy to use touch screen to settings, "about" page, and press update!

5) Watch the progress bar fill up, when it's done it will shutdown/reboot.

6) You will need to change the language back to English using visual icons alone since it will be in Korean

7) Remove/Re-Insert power cord at least one time, and Format both cards using the settings menu in the camera at least once after you're done with the upgrade.

Below is step-by-step video on how to update a firmware on Panorama X2. (thanks @niko)

Note: This video was created before the latest exFAT support. You'll notice this video asks you to format the cards in the computer first. After 1.01.09 or above, there is no need to format cards in your computer any more. Just follow the video example so you know what to look for using the steps above.

The firmware prior to 1.02.04 was 1.02.03 1.02.01 & 1.01.09 (all previous fixes and features carried over)

I confirmed on the Bench, Power Control set to 12.4 V cuts off much closer to 12.3/12.4 than previous firmwares.

The small team of Beta testers are happy with the results so far. I wanted to test a bit longer but I'm ready to fast track this to the public area.

If there are further parking mode to driving mode problems, we have early ideas that using MLC based cards vs TLC will increase long term stability even further. (more details to follow on that)

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you mean by measured values raised?

To be fair to Sungmoon it looks like he'd done the same thing as the other Korean cameras with built in BDP do and that is build in a 0.3v offset for cable loss but didn't tell anyone.

The Lukas uses the same setting by default too so the camera will cut out 0.3v lower than what you actually set it too:

upload_2015-3-12_16-38-46-png.11692

He's just wrapped it in the Panorama package and hidden it from user control like most settings on there.

The more I see the other Korean cameras and what settings they have the more it's making sense that he's made his cameras just to be turn on and go without worrying about changing a million settings. Don't get me wrong personally I'm all for more user configurable options but I see where he's coming from.

Don't forget to film your firmware flash for warranty if anything goes wrong.

Why do you need to film a video of flashing the camera? :O Were people having issues with warranty return?

Does this include the debug to figure out what's going on with parking mode instead of guessing?

I don't see what MLC vs TLC would have to do with switching to parking mode, you're now imagining things.

Why do you need to film a video of flashing the camera? :O Were people having issues with warranty return?

Does this include the debug to figure out what's going on with parking mode instead of guessing?

I don't see what MLC vs TLC would have to do with switching to parking mode, you're now imagining things.

@HouseApe is referring to the conversation here: (see the several posts before it as well)
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...ed-stability-improved.9612/page-3#post-120357
There are no issues.

Due to a technical limitation debug can't be enabled in the field as planned. It can only be enabled in the lab via special PCB board and computer program.

So far everyone that had a problem with TLC based memory cards that switched to MLC based memory cards are reporting their X2 is now fully stable. We are still confirming, need more time using them.

Not at all - TLC is used on some of the slowest, cheapest microSD cards available today - MLC cards are higher quality and will last much longer than TLC cards, especially where parking mode is concerned as more data is being written to the cards.

When I used the Samsung Evo cards I'd have issues almost daily with things like the rear channel stopping working - I'm currently running MLC Lexar 633x cards and so far (touch wood) it's been much more stable.

Higher end cards tend to have much quicker write speeds across the board - you'll more than likely find that things like the Sandisk Extreme Pro / Plus cards work fine even though they're TLC due to the much quicker write speeds they have.

The thing is you then get into the position where some cards can run hotter than others and that could then cause other issues. It's fun and games trying to work this one out but so far since I've had the Lexar cards touch wood things are looking good.

TLC mate I believe - they make a point of saying it's MLC on the Transcend Ultimate cards which they charge more money for.

It is feeling these days like the quality is dropping out of the bottom end stuff purely so that they can charge more for the better stuff!

So I'm right.... The recommend cards for this cam are not so recommend anymore lol

Ah that post two up was replying to kandrey89 - yes in answer to your question mate although it will be interesting to see if this new firmware makes any difference on Transcend cards after they've been formatted.

In fact half of me is wondering if it's worth giving them a format in SDFormatter 4.0 after the upgrade to 1.2.04 is done just to see if that helps at all.

I am using 2 identical 64GB Samsung Pro MLC and I have switching to drive mode from parking problems.
Like I said, using MLC memory won't help with drive mode switch.

I have 2 identical 64GB Samsung Evo TLC cards, but I haven't tried them yet.

What's the problem you're having switching?

The biggest difference MLC is going to make is they won't flip to read only anywhere near as quickly as some of the TLC ones are.

That seems to be cropping up on the X2 more now which is why I made the switch as soon as I could.

Ah I see, you're positing the switch to MLC to extend card life.

I am running parking mode.
My problem is that sometimes when I start the car, the dashcam does not start recording, ie drive mode. To fix it I have to go to the menu->play->(once I'm at the "choose to play from which front or rear card" screen)->exit->exit, then it starts recording.

@HouseApe is referring to the conversation here: (see the several posts before it as well)
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...ed-stability-improved.9612/page-3#post-120357
There are no issues.

Due to a technical limitation debug can't be enabled in the field as planned. It can only be enabled in the lab via special PCB board and computer program.

So far everyone that had a problem with TLC based memory cards that switched to MLC based memory cards are reporting their X2 is now fully stable. We are still confirming, need more time using them.

What? If they can write to the card, then they can update their firmware to print status lines into the log file on the card such as:
20150315_062055: parking_mode on
20150315_062055: parking_mode initialize_motion_module
20150315_065003: parking_mode off
20150315_065004: drive_mode on

They are more likely not interested in revealing their initialization/routines steps, than "not possible because of hardware".

Yeah there have been a couple of X2s recently where the Transcend 300x TLC cards flipped to read only which gave me twitchy bum time!!

I have seen that sort of behaviour when the cards were full, had filesystem issues and it was sorting things out - sometimes there was a delay of up to 15 seconds while it sorted itself out, charged the caps, deleted the oldest files so on but I've got to admit with these Lexars so far every time it's almost instant.

On the flipside of that it could be because they're not full yet - hopefully by now they are but I'm trying to leave them alone as long as possible to see if I get the card not found error.

Are those Samsung Pro these ones:
sa_64micsdxc_pro90.jpg

On paper they're about the fastest cards money can buy right now, other than the Sandisk Extreme Pro / Plus but the SD ones are TLC.

It's a right minefield out there at the moment :/

Back