Parking mode event driven only by G-Sensor

Michele73

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hello,
Since I always park my can on the street, a parking mode that would start to record only if the car has been hit would be very useful to me...

Anyone else is interested? I asked this to Viofo, maybe they will implement it in one of the next versions of the firmware...

Thanks,
Michele

I suppose all that requires is to update the 'Parking Mode Motion Detection' menu setting to include 'OFF, low, medium and high'. Seems like a reasonable request to me.

Yes, exactly. On the menu just add a new setting "OFF", then of course the parking mode will be on but it will start recording only if something will hit the car, excluding the motion detection...

It should be easy to implement but will add a great value for those that leave the car parked in a busy road...

If you have MD set to LOW, it should not record all the time. My understanding is that those PF and PR files should have their own loop process, separate from the normal driving files, so if your camera does record lots of parking video it will not overwrite the normal driving files. I've not checked this myself, since I always park in a very quiet location at work.

If you have MD set to LOW, it should not record all the time. My understanding is that those PF and PR files should have their own loop process, separate from the normal driving files, so if your camera does record lots of parking video it will not overwrite the normal driving files. I've not checked this myself, since I always park in a very quiet location at work.
I've tested that, the PF and PR files will take up to 30% of the space available to the normal record folder and then loop, leaving the rest of the space for normal recording.

It’s great that the parking mode files don’t take up much space, but it still sucks having to sift through hundreds of useless parking mode recordings every day.

I suppose all that requires is to update the 'Parking Mode Motion Detection' menu setting to include 'OFF, low, medium and high'. Seems like a reasonable request to me.
100% support this to be added as an enhancement to upcoming firmware. I am having to sift through hundreds of unneeded video files showing moving trees or a moving car or pedestrian.

Back