Parking mode

What happened to the low FPS parking mode firmware? Is it still available?
Some tester feedback me it is not stable, so...

Hi. Are you then giving up on this incredibly desirable feature? Additionally, can we have access to the flawed beta at our own risk? Maybe the instability doesn't exist in all cameras, or some work around solution can be discovered if more testing and experimentation reveals the exact issue(s). Surely a camera that can handle 30x the workload can handle 1/30th. Let's not give up on this. It would be an amazing feature that would set this cam even further apart from the rest. Let's definitely not give up on this.

Last edited:
@estore009 How many parking mode FW versions are there? Do you maintain a list of them somewhere?

Hi. Are you then giving up on this incredibly desirable feature? Additionally, can we have access to the flawed beta at our own risk? Maybe the instability doesn't exist in all cameras, or some work around solution can be discovered if more testing and experimentation reveals the exact issue(s). Surely a camera that can handle 30x the workload can handle 1/30th. Let's not give up on this. It would be an amazing feature that would set this cam even further apart from the rest. Let's definitely not give up on this.
I was one of the 1fps beta FW testers. Myself and other testers including @Nigel had similar results to each other, including some very short 1-2 second clips, through to some long-duration files that would not playback at all. I think the problems arose when trying to switch between modes automatically.

From my experience testing the A129 I would recommend a continuous low-bitrate parking mode rather than a low fps parking mode. In my opinion, 1fps misses too much action if there's something important to record. 30fps at 4Mbps doesn't take up much space at all.

From my experience testing the A129 I would recommend a continuous low-bitrate parking mode rather than a low fps parking mode. In my opinion, 1fps misses too much action if there's something important to record. 30fps at 4Mbps doesn't take up much space at all.
Great suggestion, also it can record the sound when someone hits your vehicle while low framerate does not.
- forgot to mention that to estore009 when I made the same suggestion last week!

Something along those lines does sound like a fantastic alternative, but I guess I assumed that an option seemingly easy like that to implement would already exist in the b1w and many other seemingly possible cams, unless it was not viable for some reason. Hopefully a very incorrect assumption.

Something along those lines does sound like a fantastic alternative, but I guess I assumed that an option seemingly easy like that to implement would already exist in the b1w and many other seemingly possible cams, unless it was not viable for some reason. Hopefully a very incorrect assumption.
Few people would realise that a low bitrate parking mode is worth having, until someone like Tony recommends it. After all, everyone knows that low bitrate = poor quality! Reality is a bit different. Sometimes, if you want these things you have to ask, which is how it comes to be available in the A129.

Lov bitrate are just fine, if the things you want to capture done move too fast.
I actually think i would prefer low bitrate 1080/30 over any rate time lapse recording, not least since sound should also be in the low bitrate but it is not there in time lapse.

Mmm. Yep, I can kinda grasp how when parked, many still parts of the frame don't change from frame to frame, so that the lower amount of data can focus on just the moving/changing objects here and there. I'm getting quite hopeful about it!

Hey, I'm using the auto parking mode version with wifi-off and it looks like the camera never gets into parking mode, I can see that it recording all night long.

PM you already, please check!

Sorry for the late reply. I just manage to have time to do the dashcam installation today. I was going to update the firmware to the one provided by estore009. Realize that there is only 1 .bin file. Is this correct? Shouldn't there be another .cfg file? Also, is that default WiFi On or WiFi Off?

Ok, just tried updating anyway and it is successful. Firmware is now showing 190216s. WiFi is also ON. Can I have the firmware with WiFi always OFF?

Last edited:

Wow..that was fast! Working on Sunday, I see. Keep up the good work.

This is the kind of support that we need from China companies. I am going to get another B1W for my other car soon.

Update on my parking mode test.

I have set to medium g-sensor and recording 5 minutes. Left the car in blinking red (recording with WiFi off). After 10 minutes, the light is still blinking red. Why is it not going to parking mode?

Update 2:
Been checking on the recording the whole night. It just never go into parking mode. Just constant recording with blinking red.

Last edited:
Hi @estore009

Could you please PM me the auto parking mode firmware (both wifi on and off) as well as the double-click firmware (both wifi on and off)?

Update on my parking mode test.

I have set to medium g-sensor and recording 5 minutes. Left the car in blinking red (recording with WiFi off). After 10 minutes, the light is still blinking red. Why is it not going to parking mode?

Update 2:
Been checking on the recording the whole night. It just never go into parking mode. Just constant recording with blinking red.
I think you need to ask for auto parking mode firmware. Sounds like you constant recording firmware, which is what I have.

I think you need to ask for auto parking mode firmware. Sounds like you constant recording firmware, which is what I have.

Oh..didn't realize that.

@estore009, can I have the auto parking mode firmware (with WiFi On and WiFi Off), please?

I was still testing the auto parking mode so it was left on a dining room table overnight with no movement or air movement. I did this for a couple of days but it always records for around half the time it’s left on. The G-sensor is set to the recommended medium setting.

Hello, I had the same behaviour on auto parking firmware, see a few posts above. However, since I begun using a different sd card, it's behaving as it should. So it is worth trying another card...

PS. The card I use now is a SanDisk Ultra class 10, with A1 indicative (photo attached).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190317-195727.jpg
    Screenshot_20190317-195727.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 8
@asafb26 The Beta Auto parking mode firmware is V1.06.20180614s. Your firmware is correct. And suggest that tell me more details about your problem. For example, how you hardwired this camera?

Back