Pics that make you smile

It would have been stellar if he was run over for real when he pulled out, then the driver of the white/silver SUV could also have his go at the punk.

Actually looking closer that truck should have been like 20 seconds later and the world would have been screaming Karma is a bitch aint it :p

Good to know if you got problem with your data connection.
Very easy steps to follow.
Good old days when you could actually see and follow what computer was doing(y)

Good to know if you got problem with your data connection.
Very easy steps to follow.
Instructions unclear. Got important body part caught in acoustic coupler.

I miss that discrete square in the corner that told you the program was about to end and the adverts would start. [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

audio coupler = 128 baud
first modems = 300 baud = readin' speed
1200 baud = speed-readin' speed
2400 baud = which key does this system use for PAUSE? is it P, space, $, what?
4800 baud (rare) = woo i can fill up this floppy in under an hour!
9600 baud = woo i can fill up this 1.44MB floppy pretty quick!
14400 & 28800 = it's warez time!
56k = screw that ascii art - now we're talking real JPEGs!

and let's not forget - line noise! how many times did a file get corrupted from line noise before they introduced ECC with those higher (1200+) speeds?

My first ventures on the internet was playing command and conquer on a friends isdn connection, played with the nic Viking66 if anybody remember me beating them ( not often i lost )

I held back myself until i could get a 512/512 kbit adsl line flatrate, and no stopping since then ( 1998 i think it was )

Just been upgraded to 140/ 30 Mbit yesterday ( free off course ) that i will change to 90/80

My first ventures on the internet was playing command and conquer on a friends isdn connection, played with the nic Viking66 if anybody remember me beating them ( not often i lost )

I held back myself until i could get a 512/512 kbit adsl line flatrate, and no stopping since then ( 1998 i think it was )

Just been upgraded to 140/ 30 Mbit yesterday ( free off course ) that i will change to 90/80

What year was that? :oldman:

C&C came out in 1996 and i think we picked up on it pretty fast, red alert came out in 98, and i think i got the house in 1998 or 99, and had adsl put in at once.

Poor cobber to my house could not sustain more than 4/1 mbit, so after some years and noticing fiber getting close i was quick to falsify fiber interest forms on behalf of every household within a mile or 4 :D
But that still had to wait a while as the house only got fiber in 2008, a year or so before we had to sell it :(

Safety breaks still got loooong way to go, before it safe.

I wonder if the engineer have to stand in front if car, to show it safe.

Why did there not use a sumo wrestler instead this petite lady.

audio coupler = 128 baud
first modems = 300 baud = readin' speed
1200 baud = speed-readin' speed
2400 baud = which key does this system use for PAUSE? is it P, space, $, what?
4800 baud (rare) = woo i can fill up this floppy in under an hour!
9600 baud = woo i can fill up this 1.44MB floppy pretty quick!
14400 & 28800 = it's warez time!
56k = screw that ascii art - now we're talking real JPEGs!

and let's not forget - line noise! how many times did a file get corrupted from line noise before they introduced ECC with those higher (1200+) speeds?
Ahhh, the 'good old days'. :rolleyes:

I can remember using an acoustical coupler for some corporate applications where real time data availability was deemed to be 'critical'.

18645354_1504619216216199_6793774625953153024_n.jpg

It's damn right. Soon or later, i will fix it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2
Back