Pics that make you smile

Nature have no mercy, and often no manners.

adLdxyj_460s.jpg

a5MxzBG_460s.jpg

abYdx1b_460s.jpg

Just finished cleaning soda off my floor, some times drinking and what is on TV are just bad timing. :LOL:

I see an EV as an ideal second car, although too expensive to really fill that role for most people I would think, once the technology (battery life, charge time) and infrastructure (fast charge stations) and prices improve though they could be viable as a primary vehicle for a lot of people

For many living and working in urban areas where the commute might be and hour but only 15 miles an electric car makes a lot of sense. If you have the money for one and you already have a couple other cars then why not. Living in Utah and travelling as I do to the desert where there are no gas stations or charging stations you had better have enough range and range extension (gas can or generator) or you'll be walking.

So, an all electric car has it's uses but will be limited to, perhaps, 30% of driving situations. What I'd prefer to have at this time is a second generation hybrid that does away with the mechanical drive train and instead uses the engine only to drive an alternator and has a battery pack about half the size as an all electric. Nominally 80mpg and with a 6 gallon gas/diesel tank you might get as much as 600 miles gas and battery combined. The Tesla Truck (Semi) will be of limited use in urban areas or where short routes are common, but most big rig truckers need to do thousand mile plus routes and do them often. Many of the interstate highways in the western USA wind up with just as many semi's as passenger cars on the road.

Brian

For many living and working in urban areas where the commute might be and hour but only 15 miles an electric car makes a lot of sense. If you have the money for one and you already have a couple other cars then why not. Living in Utah and travelling as I do to the desert where there are no gas stations or charging stations you had better have enough range and range extension (gas can or generator) or you'll be walking.
I'd have one now if it was affordable

Even suburban areas make sense. That's my situation. 99% of my driving is under 15 miles each way - shopping, kids activities, etc. I work from home, but occasionally have to go to the office in downtown Houston for meetings or to put hands on hardware (I'm an IT guy) and even that's fine - 25 miles each way. If I commuted regularly, it's even easier, as I can drive about 5 miles to a bus station and take that downtown instead of dealing with traffic. Right now the only thing keeping me from getting an EV is the cost. My current car is paid off and I don't want another payment.

I'd have one now if it was affordable

China seems to be cranking them out, as well as smaller electric vehicles which I see pretty cheap in Thailand.
I will be retiring soon and moving to Thailand. I'll end up with a car or pickup truck eventually, but initially just need something to get around town.
They sell a lot of small 2-3 person electric 'golf cart' type things that are under $1000 US, that look interesting. The biggest questions are durability, and the speed to cross bigger streets and intersections. The area I will live in it may be possible to get almost anywhere in town via back streets, but I'd still have to cross some intersections.

This would work for my beer runs. I figure a few solar panels and i'll be good to go. :)
Actual range is not so important, at most would need an hours use a day.

Hah i like test driver, she don't even look one damn before making a turn.

Yeah but the soundtrack are just about as wrong as it can be, only ONE lowrider tune

I have this in my car,,,,,, which are funny as a phone provider use this in a TV commercial at the moment.
BUT i have been listening to that track for many decades

Yeah it looked similar. The one I saw had an angled front edge on the top to sort of match the curve on the drum. It wasn't operating or in use anymore when I saw it, but it was still in the data center because it was too big and heavy to be moved out for a reasonable price. And since servers have gotten smaller over time, they didn't really need the extra space anyway. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the drive is still there today, 30 years later.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2
Back