Pics that make you smile

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Well, you could certainly say the same about quite a few aging musicians and celebrities.
Yeah I guess so, thankfully there aren't too many that try and stay relevant so far past their use by date, I never really minded him early on, just as the years have gone on that I have found him more annoying I think, he seems to get recycled every few years for whatever reason, slow news day maybe

Dashmellow

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
numerous
Yeah I guess so, thankfully there aren't too many that try and stay relevant so far past their use by date, I never really minded him early on, just as the years have gone on that I have found him more annoying I think, he seems to get recycled every few years for whatever reason, slow news day maybe
He has a legacy to maintain. :smuggrin:

rotten.jpg

Gibson99

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
(2x) A119, (2x) A118c, iTrue X3, Git1, Git2
He has a legacy to maintain. :smuggrin:

View attachment 49014
too bad they don't understand that their current actions are tainting our "rose colored" memories, and they'd be better served living out the rest of their lives quietly. too bad they are addicted to the attention...

OP
kamkar1

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
A few of those questions i have come up with myself.
Not least the "double-U"
At least we Danes come up with 3 extra letters instead, though they all look familiar Æ ( A and E merged ) - Ø ( O with a forvard slash thru it ) - Å ( A with a dot over it ), and we are kind enough to have 2 of those letter being words, Ø is Danish for a island and Å is Danish for river, though google translate only recognize Ø as island Å it just say is Å :p
Then again i can understand googles problems, cuz flod also means river in Danish, and if its strained out its a kanal ( canal / channel ) and if it is small ( by danish standards ) its a Bæk what google will probably translate to stream or brook / creek depending on which of the 2 major English mindsets you are in..
I am often wondering which Danish word mean the most different things.

Learn 1 Danish word ( Nå ) and be able to manage in 12 different situations, all depending on how you pronounce it, or combine it with another word.

BTW Nå is also to reach something, like "jeg kan ikke nå dig" / i can not reach you

Last edited:

DT MI

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
More than my wife thinks I need.
There are many words in American English that have multiple definitions. The current #1 is the word 'run' with 645 meanings followed by 'set' with 430. Doesn't surprise me in the least that English is a difficult language to learn.

OP
kamkar1

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams

OP
kamkar1

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
And that boys and girls are why you always use the proper safety equipment for the job, cuz i can tell you from working a grinder and having a piece of material embedded in your eye for a few days are very frustrating, it is literally like having a grain of sand in your eye 24/7
And to take it out a eyedoctor have to poke it out with a scary big needle for the job, seriously i asked him are a ice pick really necessary.

country_hick

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sounds like a condemnation actually, the exact opposite of a testimonial.
The above statement extolled the negative virtue of the product. Nothing says a virtue has to be positive in a testimonial.

From your link to testimonial...
"2. a formal statement of truth or fact" <-- This definition fits the review.

In promotion and of advertising, a testimonial or show consists of a person's written or spoken statement extolling the virtue of a product.

A negative virtue can be extolled as well as positive virtues in testimonials.

Dashmellow

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
numerous
The above statement extolled the negative virtue of the product. Nothing says a virtue has to be positive in a testimonial.

From your link to testimonial...
"2. a formal statement of truth or fact" <-- This definition fits the review.

In promotion and of advertising, a testimonial or show consists of a person's written or spoken statement extolling the virtue of a product.

A negative virtue can be extolled as well as positive virtues in testimonials.
No, @country_hick, There is no such thing as a "negative virtue". That would be an oxymoron. A "virtue", by definition, is considered a positive aspect.

Also, to use your wikipedia example which you apparently didn't read or perhaps didn't quite comprehend:

"In promotion and of advertising, a testimonial or show consists of a person's written or spoken statement extolling the virtue of a product."

Virtue

vir·tue
(vûr′cho͞o)
n.
a. Moral excellence and righteousness; goodness.
b. An example or kind of moral excellence: the virtue of patience.
c. A particularly efficacious, good, or beneficial quality; advantage:

Extol

ex·tol
also ex·toll (ĭk-stōl′)
tr.v. ex·tolled, ex·tol·ling, ex·tols also ex·tolled or ex·toll·ing or ex·tolls
To praise highly; exalt. See Synonyms at praise. (glorify, exalt; acclamation, approbation, compliment; laud)

Testimonial

tes·ti·mo·ni·al
(tĕs′tə-mō′nē-əl)

n.

a. a recommendation of the character, ability, etc, of a person or of the quality of a consumer product or service, esp by a person whose opinion is valued.

Last edited:

SawMaster

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
G1W-S, G1W-HC, G1W clone, B1W, N2 Pro, K2S, B2W, (ex Mobius)
It's a condemonial testimation :ROFLMAO:

With some things, their early ending is a virtue in itself ;)

Phil

OP
kamkar1

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2