Poll: Did you have problem(s) with your Mini 0806?

• 1. No Major Problems

Votes: 32 38.1%
  • 1. Have/Had Mayor Problem(s)

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • 2. GPS Problem

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • 2. Camera Problem

Votes: 12 14.3%
  • 2. Power Problem

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • 2. Over heating Problem

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • 2. Other Problem(s)

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • 3. Still has the problem(s)

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • 3. Returned the item for refund, repaired or exchange

Votes: 12 14.3%
  • 3. Fixed without returning it. Please leave comment about fix

Votes: 4 4.8%

• Total voters

Boston's Mike

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mini 0806

I created this poll to see how widespread the reported problems are. I tried to keep the poll simple but it has 2 sections.

1. Did you have problems?
2. What type of problem(s) did you have?

I assume you don't want my answers as mine is a prototype and was expected to have problems!

Do you also want to exclude first batch cameras since those answers wont help current potential buyers make a decision?

I assume you don't want my answers as mine is a prototype and was expected to have problems!
Same here, but it is still working great despite that.

Prototypes should not count.

You have a good point about leaving out the first batch.

We only have 3 poll takers so far and only one which had a major problem. But 2 with GPS problem. Maybe they felt the GPS DIY fix makes it a small problem like I do. But this could be a big problems for others. It is difficult to keep the poll simple and address everything.

Someone also had a GPS & Power problems. Maybe it has the same DIY fix?

I can edit the poll and add a third section. I'm only allowed 3 more items. I'm thinking about the following

3. Still have the problem.
3. Returned the item for refund, to be repaired or exchanged.
3. The item was fixed without returning it.

I think I will not be able to edit again should I add the 3rd sections. Suggestions?

It was suggested this poll should only be for the second batch. I agree unless the 3rd batch does not address any major issues.

I added a third section about fixes. The poll will allow you to edit your input even if you already taken it.

3. Still has the problem(s)
3. Returned the item for refund, repaired or exchange
3. Fixed without returning it. Please leave comment about fix

Mine was latest batch with power problem, it would not charge using the gps shoe, returned to seller who swapped for different unit.

I have one from the first batch and haven't had any major issues.
I do have dual 64 cards and it uses B all the time without switching to A when full. They were exfat and now fat32 so I am waiting to see if anything changes.
Edit:
I voted before reading through and seeing that I should have been left out.

Bought mine yesterday. How can I find out what batch my 0806 is?

I don't know if it is a problem or normal but when I connect the camera with the included USB cable to my computer I get a blue screen with USB connecting...

Nothing happens, the camera is froozen. I can't use the camera when it is connected with the USB cable. Only one or two time, the blue screen went away I was able to go into the settings.

Cameras make poor card readers, better to take the cards out if you want to access your recordings and use a proper card reader

the poll results look like a dinner time bingo session at an old folks home with a small amount of players....

45% win something and the other 55% are disgruntled for differing reasons of not having won !!!!!!!! :D:D:D

would I play bingo there ..hell yes with those odds..

would I buy a brand new dogs danglies 0806 .. hell no with a 55% dissatisfaction !!!!:p

Bought mine yesterday. How can I find out what batch my 0806 is?

I don't know if it is a problem or normal but when I connect the camera with the included USB cable to my computer I get a blue screen with USB connecting...

Nothing happens, the camera is froozen. I can't use the camera when it is connected with the USB cable. Only one or two time, the blue screen went away I was able to go into the settings.
If it has a blue led for power and a red one for record then it's 2nd batch.

The blue screen is normal, when you get that you should see the drive on your computer, "USB Connecting..." maybe should say "USB connected" but it never does.

If it has a blue led for power and a red one for record then it's 2nd batch.

The blue screen is normal, when you get that you should see the drive on your computer, "USB Connecting..." maybe should say "USB connected" but it never does.
It has a blue and a red LED.

Thanks again.

I was hoping for a larger response. The sample is too small for meaningful results. But still, presently 4 people had serious problems while 11 did not That's over 25% (4/15) with problems which is unacceptable.

It is a shame the product's issues were not found before full release and the public has to do QA. Software/Firmware bugs can be fixed after release. Hardware issues cannot without expensive recalls and lost of consumers confidence.

It's a fact, the GPS is dead. No GPS whatever I do. This is a major 0806 flaw.

I was hoping for a larger response. The sample is too small for meaningful results. But still, presently 4 people had serious problems while 11 did not That's over 25% (4/15) with problems which is unacceptable.

It is a shame the product's issues were not found before full release and the public has to do QA. Software/Firmware bugs can be fixed after release. Hardware issues cannot without expensive recalls and lost of consumers confidence.
More people will vote yet, not everyone visits daily.

A significant number of people who have voted will have joined the site because of problems, for them it is easy to vote and they are visiting regularly because they have an interest in the problems, the people with working cameras haven't needed to sign up so are far less likely to vote. As you said, there are not enough votes yet but 75% without serious problems is not too bad a score, obviously it could be better but few makes of dashcam would get over 90% given that people who are here are likely here because they have problems.

the people with working cameras haven't needed to sign up so are far less likely to vote.
That's the normal behavior on most things and that's what reflects a product's review and sales.
Check other dashcams here in DCT and see how many have these many threads on issues. Very very few.
You search online researching a product and bunch of threads show up with problems, it hurts sale and for those who find these threads after purchase, it just confirms their problem is a major/universal one, not an one off.
Rayman has numbers on how many are sold and how many returns he had to do/in process plus how many are complaining about issues directly to retailers and in threads here and other dashcam sites.
Don't undermine discussion threads by just saying all those who got good ones don't post. Of course they don't as it's expected to work properly.
Online threads'/discussions' effect is huge on sale, whether it's positive or negative.
Hopefully, these issue threads will start to dwindle down soon.

Reactions: Mtz
I have 2nd edition and not problems what so ever yet.

Back