Poll: Did you have problem(s) with your Mini 0806?

Poll: Did you have problem(s) with your Mini 0806?

• 1. No Major Problems

Votes: 32 38.1%
  • 1. Have/Had Mayor Problem(s)

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • 2. GPS Problem

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • 2. Camera Problem

Votes: 12 14.3%
  • 2. Power Problem

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • 2. Over heating Problem

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • 2. Other Problem(s)

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • 3. Still has the problem(s)

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • 3. Returned the item for refund, repaired or exchange

Votes: 12 14.3%
  • 3. Fixed without returning it. Please leave comment about fix

Votes: 4 4.8%

• Total voters
Interesting :)

I think one strip of thin black electrical insulating tape over the bottom ridge that the filter sits on would sort the rattle nicely?

Looking at mine I think those two ridges are a tiny bit too low, although mine doesn't rattle anyway, I guess some are not exactly the same shape to 1000th mm.
maybe it's more on bad roads.
The filter is not strongly attached.
I had dropped it few times when adjusting the camera angle and bumped it slightly.

I put some black tape on the top and bottom. I have not looked at the videos yet but I like PedroN's fix better and will also try it.

The real problem is the camera shakes too much. It would be better if mini could do something to fix it.

I put some black tape on the top and bottom. I have not looked at the videos yet but I like PedroN's fix better and will also try it.

The real problem is the camera shakes too much. It would be better if mini could do something to fix it.
Putting electrical tape on the top & bottom to hold the filter in place seems to have stopped the rattling noise. I have not tried PedroN's double sided tape yet.

I got my two new mini 0806, switched on the the GPS stamping and tested the dashcams for a week. I still don't have speed and coördinates on my videos. The yellow GPS light blinks. Strange because this can't be wire problem with these two mini 0806.

Update: besides the GPS problems, which are not that bad, I have no problems with the two new mini 0806 so far. The GPS is far from accurate, is more offline than online etc... .

I got my two new mini 0806, switched on the the GPS stamping and tested the dashcams for a week. I still don't have speed and coördinates on my videos. The yellow GPS light blinks. Strange because this can't be wire problem with these two mini 0806.
Do the log files in the gps folder contain good valid information? Normally a flashing gps lamp indicates it is receiving the data.

I don't think anyone else is having a problem with the filter rattling?

Have a careful look at how it mounts, see if there is something making it not sit flat, or maybe the glass is loose as the screw thread hasn't been tightened fully?
I recently started having this problem also. Through playback, it sounded like a rattlesnake rattle. It wasn't the filter rattling against the camera is was the glass inside the filter ring that was loose. If you take the filter off and shake it you will easily hear it. Just another issue to add to my complaints.

In my opinion, the rattle is caused by the rim above and below the lens, preventing the filter having a flat surface where it can rest onrattle.jpg

In my opinion, the rattle is caused by the rim above and below the lens, preventing the filter having a flat surface where it can rest onView attachment 12730
Your rattle may be caused by this, but have you taken the filter off to see if the glass is loose inside the metal ring?

I glued the filter with some very small strips double sided tape on the camera, no rattling ever since.
This also prevents the filter falling of the camera when I remove the camera

If it was the glass sitting loose inside the ring then the rattling should still be present

I glued the filter with some very small strips double sided tape on the camera, no rattling ever since.
This also prevents the filter falling of the camera when I remove it.

If it was the glass sitting loose inside the ring then the rattling should still be present
That's correct. I also have mine taped to the body of the camera, mostly so it doesn't rotate out of position, but my glass was loose.

Is your filter rotated to a position for the best glare reduction?

Sounds like about what I had to do. Thanks

I have the rattle in recorded audio and don't have a CPL filter.

Back