Powerucc Panorama2

Niko, I want to express my appreciation for what you're doing. I bought this camera last summer after reading your recommendation in this forum. That would have been enough, but you don't stop there. You support your recommendation as if it were your own product and keep adding to it in ways that the manufacturer could not. So, yeah, thank you for your dedication and the time that you take to show the rest of us who are not as camera-savvy how to make the most of our purchase.
By the way, I was apprehensive in spending almost CAN $250 in this, along with GPS and Pwr Cable, but I did on your recommendation and haven't regretted it. Thank you again and I look forward to anything else you might share in the future with us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Niko, I want to express my appreciation for what you're doing. I bought this camera last summer after reading your recommendation in this forum. That would have been enough, but you don't stop there. You support your recommendation as if it were your own product and keep adding to it in ways that the manufacturer could not. So, yeah, thank you for your dedication and the time that you take to show the rest of us who are not as camera-savvy how to make the most of our purchase.
By the way, I was apprehensive in spending almost CAN $250 in this, along with GPS and Pwr Cable, but I did on your recommendation and haven't regretted it. Thank you again and I look forward to anything else you might share in the future with us.

Thank you too. I do my best, because I also like this product, maybe not 100%, because I always want MORE :), but within past 1 year I have not had any major headache with Panorama series.
It's not only me, - it's feedback and support from other members as well, who always share they thoughts / experience + constant hard work of developer, who actually listening to our suggestions and quickly reacts on them with improvements.

Good afternoon. At the office. Online posted a new firmware: v.1.12.05 (12M), v.1.12.05 (15M) http://www.powerucc.com/
Oh, yuriy thanks
But this is led flicking version.
So if do not want LED, it should not use this version.

Early of April, I will upgrade one more time for english version.
So if it is written korea language, I recommand not to use.

Niko already post this for english version.
Sorry for inconvient.

It's probably been discussed in this thread already, but at 44 pages I could only go back so far. :) Does anyone use the "motion" option? I assume this just pauses when the vehicle is parked/stationary, then resumes once motion is detected again. How does everyone like this mode? It'll cut down on the number of files or dead air, but is there any problems with using it.

It's probably been discussed in this thread already, but at 44 pages I could only go back so far. :) Does anyone use the "motion" option? I assume this just pauses when the vehicle is parked/stationary, then resumes once motion is detected again. How does everyone like this mode? It'll cut down on the number of files or dead air, but is there any problems with using it.

works well

That's exactly how I have mine set. Can miss a second or two in a long set of traffic lights, and it doesn't capture everything when parked. Sometimes I'll review a file and it'll only catch a car halfway as it's crossed mine.

Only issue(s) are that it's constantly buffering the SD card (presumably) so it might decrease the cards lifespan. Also the camera does generate some form of heat, but it's barely above skin temperature, so nothing to worry about.

Perhaps Sungmoon can comment on how the motion setting works? Does it constantly write to the memory card looking for motion?

That's exactly how I have mine set. Can miss a second or two in a long set of traffic lights, and it doesn't capture everything when parked. Sometimes I'll review a file and it'll only catch a car halfway as it's crossed mine.

Only issue(s) are that it's constantly buffering the SD card (presumably) so it might decrease the cards lifespan. Also the camera does generate some form of heat, but it's barely above skin temperature, so nothing to worry about.

Perhaps Sungmoon can comment on how the motion setting works? Does it constantly write to the memory card looking for motion?
Ok.
Motion detect is useful when the object is
near the car. Before motion detected, it goes to preview mode. It means not record to sd card. So SD card has no any affection from recording. Also when started recording, it record 10 second before file. Sometimes, it ignore far away signal cause it will not be harmful to the car.
Is it clear?

Thank you Sungmoon. I was expecting "motion" to mean the camera in motion, as in a signal from the GPS or g-meter, I didn't expect it to be using the camera to detect motion. Very interesting feature. I'll have to try it both ways, as it's off by default I'll go without running it first, then try it. So far all good with the camera, here's a picture of it mounted in a 2014 Toyota Hilux, http://imgur.com/rd7v9Fa .

If anyone has any further tips or recommendations please let me know. I know I'm late to the party on this camera, but it still seemed like a great buy, and I'm really liking it so far. Thanks!

Another question. I have the LCD set to OFF, yet it's always on when I am driving. Did I miss something in the setup? I am running the 1.12.04 firmware.

its a backwards menu off means it never goes off set it to 30 seconds if you want it off

If anyone has any further tips or recommendations please let me know.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your purchase. Regarding your first question, I have my Panorama hard-wired to the car always on, even while parked. In order not to fill the memory with useless video, I have motion detection activated. It works great, never misses a thing. It starts recording when it sees me walk up to the car and stops recording when movement stops after parking. As mentioned before, if you're sitting at a red light for a long time and far from the moving traffic (say traffic is moving about 4 or 5 cars further in front of you) then the camera will stop recording because of lack of motion in its field of view, but that hasn't stopped it from capturing anything in my case.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your purchase. Regarding your first question, I have my Panorama hard-wired to the car always on, even while parked. In order not to fill the memory with useless video, I have motion detection activated. It works great, never misses a thing. It starts recording when it sees me walk up to the car and stops recording when movement stops after parking. As mentioned before, if you're sitting at a red light for a long time and far from the moving traffic (say traffic is moving about 4 or 5 cars further in front of you) then the camera will stop recording because of lack of motion in its field of view, but that hasn't stopped it from capturing anything in my case.

Interesting, I did order my Pano w/ the battery protection box, but didn't use it because I thought it would be crazy to have it sitting in the garage recording darkness, I like the idea of it motion sensing, I will probably switch to hardwiring based on the scenario you've mentioned.

Yep, in addition to having it set to motion record, I too, have a battery discharge prevention device. I live in an apartment complex which the carpark services 6 buildings, so there can be a far bit of movement past my car. But I've had my car parked from Friday afternoon, 4pm, through to Monday morning 7am with it recording all the passer-bys all weekend and the car started no worries. I even have my box set to 12.4V and it's never hit that mark. The "standby" motion detection uses very little power.

Can someone please link me to the latest firmware, I seem to have gotten lost with what it is! I have the original version, not the one with the LED at the front of the camera.

Also, does 128GB SDcard work in these cameras?

Thanks

Last edited:
not sure that would be one it has been tested with, expensive gamble if it doesn't, personally I'd want to go with something that had been tested I think given the expense, I'm sure @Sungmoon Jang would be able to offer some input on this

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D II / S 7
DGTLSYSTEMS II / S 1
D II / S 9
I II / S 37
alexsoll II / S 263
Back