Pre-orders

The question of whether a camera should be mounted closer to the glass or farther away to minimize reflections depends a great deal on the particular vehicle the camera is mounted in. Factors include the rake angle and curvature of the windscreen, the shape, angles, texture and color of one's dashboard and the focal length and FOV of the lens.

My personal experience going on six years of multiple camera ownership is that the more slope there is in the glass, the farther the camera should be from the windscreen, while the more vertical the glass, the closer it should be.

The question of whether a camera should be mounted closer to the glass or farther away to minimize reflections depends a great deal on the particular vehicle the camera is mounted in. Factors include the rake angle and curvature of the windscreen, the shape, angles, texture and color of one's dashboard and the focal length and FOV of the lens.

My personal experience going on six years of multiple camera ownership is that the more slope there is in the glass, the farther the camera should be from the windscreen, while the more vertical the glass, the closer it should be.

nicely summed up

It depends massively from what I've tested personally and also what people state on here...some people swear by closely mounted reduces reflections, whilst some people are of your thinking and believe a little distance reduces reflections......
I did some testing on this a few months back and, at least in my car, having some distance between the camera and glass resulted in less reflections. I'm sure there are many variables involved besides distance - angle of the glass, angle of the light, etc.

I might still have the video and, if so, will post them along with some commentary. It's will be easy enough to redo the test but I'm pretty busy for the next couple of days so it will have to wait.

Just did my pre-order with Pier28 and included Priority Mail shipping which was faster and cheaper than the default UPS method. UPS deliveries are sketchy here where I live but USPS always comes through for me; YMMV.

Now the real waiting game begins, but I think it's going to be well worth the wait :cool:

Phil

Just did my pre-order with Pier28 and included Priority Mail shipping which was faster and cheaper than the default UPS method. UPS deliveries are sketchy here where I live but USPS always comes through for me; YMMV.

Now the real waiting game begins, but I think it's going to be well worth the wait :cool:

Phil

Great to hear! Pier is certainly getting a fair few pre-orders now. We're gearing up quite a bit here for the pre-release and will be releasing some real indepth and interactive stuff for the X soon to get everyone even more in the mood for it!

Cheers,

Dan

This thread has been pretty quiet for 9 or ten days now so it's got me wondering.

I don't recall if this question has been addressed previously so forgive me if I may have missed it. Is there an ETA as yet regarding when the JooVoo-X will actually ship?

This thread has been pretty quiet for 9 or ten days now so it's got me wondering.

I don't recall if this question has been addressed previously so forgive me if I may have missed it. Is there an ETA as yet regarding when the JooVoo-X will actually ship?
17th Nov is when resellers will grt them. everything is still on track.

Hmmm, how come pier28 price jumped up by $20 for preorder?

Just be glad you arnt a Dane, with +20 dollars and the rest of the prize the tax man will bend you over and do his thing :D

I had to pay 30 dollars to recive each of the free test samples, and thats just tax on the shipping prize as it was shipped by DHL and they know what joovuu paid for the shipping.

Been taking a bath allmost daily since then, and i still feel dirty

Last edited:
As much as this camera appeals to me I've held off on pre-ordering because of some concerns and unanswered questions about an unproven first time product. For one thing, I didn't want to order until there was a clear idea of when it might actually ship, leading to my question about that two days ago. Now after all the build-up, hearing of the price being raised at the eleventh hour just before my placing an order doesn't exactly create warm fuzzy feelings and seems like a bad omen. Sorry, but that's my gut reaction.

Last edited:
Holding out on any electronic product is allways a good idea i think, the prize for beeing a erly adopter can at times be high, and thats not just from a monetary standpoint.
For the most i have been lucky with all the computer hardware i have been thru the past 10 - 15 years, for the most i only had to upgrade bios cuz there was a new one, not cuz i needed it bcuz my rig was unstable.
Only tried unstable once and that was with a good proven motherbord, it just dident work with the ram modules we got for my friends motherbord.
But it was enuff for him to never since that day to have me build a computer for him, since then he have been buying brand preassembled computers ( at a extra cost )

@kamkar1, You're right about how it can sometimes be wise to hold off being an early adopter. To be honest, your video of the nighttime JooVuu-X footage was specifically one of the things that gave me pause about placing my order as I felt it was sub-par for a "next generation" camera in this price range when compared to less expensive other cameras I already own. Along with some of the other concerns we've all discussed here in this thread, such as problematic GPS placement and the need for a better mounting solution I'd want definitively improved darkness performance rather than a theoretical future firmware update, especially if the camera is to cost even more than originally anticipated.

Yeah there is nothing new in the x cam, if we can get it to perform on par with current good cameras i think thats it.

The use of the wording "next generation" might be a bit over the top, myself i would not have used that for the product, then again beeing me i would proberly put my foot in my mouth some where else in the text.

I have not yet ( i think ) tested if using 1080/30 will make better night time results, with that setting there should be more exposure time for each frame than in the 1080/60 i have used the most.

Right now i am freakishly locked out of the runnings, seem like my sample and the APP is having special needs, other rapport smoothe sailing with same setup.

hehe yeah thats the problem with having so many ppl breathing down your neck :D whats the prize ? when is it ready ??

But i can allso undestand joovuue beeing exited about ther product and wanting to share and prebuild momentum for it, that is however a dual edged sword i think.
Fully undestand the brands that keep a tight wrap on things and only release info and hardware when it is well and done.

Wait, what? What format does the cam save footage in? .mov or .mp4?

Yeah there is nothing new in the x cam, if we can get it to perform on par with current good cameras i think thats it.

The use of the wording "next generation" might be a bit over the top, myself i would not have used that for the product, then again beeing me i would proberly put my foot in my mouth some where else in the text.

I have not yet ( i think ) tested if using 1080/30 will make better night time results, with that setting there should be more exposure time for each frame than in the 1080/60 i have used the most.

Right now i am freakishly locked out of the runnings, seem like my sample and the APP is having special needs, other rapport smoothe sailing with same setup.

By "next generation" I am referring to a "newer" chipset and "newer" unique features.

Back