Problems Connecting from Phone

NightFox

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just installed my DR750S-2CH (only the front so far) and am having real problems connecting to it from my phones.

With my iPhone X, it sees the BlackVue's SSID and it takes several attempts to accept the WiFi password (it repeatedly says its wrong when it isn't). When it does eventually connect, when I run the BlackVue app and click on BLACKVUE WI-FI it just tells me how to connect, even though the iPhone is still showing it's connected.

With my Android phone (Google Pixel 2), it connects and when I use the app I get as far as being able to see a live image, but after about a second it tells me the WiFi signal is too weak (the phone's in the car with the camera) and goes back to the app start page.

I've followed BlackVue's online instructions for connectivity issues (including disabling mobile data and ensuring only one device is connected at a time) but they don't make a difference.

Is this the same experience for everyone or have I got a duff unit?

Thanks,

Neil

I have that same problem, the cam doesn't really multi-task well. If it is uploading an event to the cloud, doing some write operation, or if I transferred too many files to my NAS I will get that problem also. The only thing that clears it up is pressing the wifi button on the side, waiting for the wifi light to go off then pressing the button again to turn it back on.

Try:
1. Turning off your phone's cellular data (less signal interference)
2. Force shut app to restart the connection

OP has already tried 1.

Try airplane mode too*

Not wishing to sound confrontational, but I find it strange advice to try the airplane mode which switches off wifi? How does that work then?

Not wishing to sound confrontational, but I find it strange advice to try the airplane mode which switches off wifi? How does that work then?
that's a partial instruction, turn airplane mode on, then turn wifi back on, it stops any data trying to go over the cellular network, it's a common workaround

If you're running iOS beta software, it does not play nice with the wifi of the blackvue.

I am on iOS 13 developer Beta 4 and i cannot connect access the files using the app, even though I am connected to the camera, it just keeps saying "A direct wifi connection is already established"

Back