"Real World" Questions on the DC

You’re used to your previous Zoran chipset based firmware update behavior.

Firmware updates on Novatek chipset firmware updates are always the same.
Red LED Slow flash / Fast flash
(Nothing on screen)

Last edited:
RV doesn't work with newer cameras but the text is hard coded in the video if you have it turned on, the only way to have it be able to turn on and off is if it worked like subtitles but they don't do that

Can't show text on screen during the update

You’re used to your previous Zoran chipset based formats update behavior.

Firmware updates on Novatek chipset firmware updates are always the same.
Red LED Slow flash / Fast flash
(Nothing on screen)
RV doesn't work with newer cameras but the text is hard coded in the video if you have it turned on, the only way to have it be able to turn on and off is if it worked like subtitles but they don't do that

Can't show text on screen during the update
Thanks again for the clarification gentlemen....
One other thing I just noticed is when I switched the "beep sound" to off it also switched the startup chime off. Do they have to be mutually exclusive or could you add a separate menu option later on or within the beep menu something like off, startup, startup + button press? I personally like to know it has started up successfully without having to peer around the other side of the mirror.

I like to hear the startup chime of my cameras too, its what often turn me to a problematic camera.
And while i dont use it yet there should be a distinct sound for event file creation, just to make sure you have hit the button right.
Normally i can also visually check up on at least my primary camera due to the layout of my windscreen and camera placement, but when i have a lot of cameras in the windscreen then the farthest away ones are somewhat obscured.
Of course not a major problem, but i also like to keep tabs on test cameras as well as my main cameras.

One other thing I just noticed is when I switched the "beep sound" to off it also switched the startup chime off. Do they have to be mutually exclusive or could you add a separate menu option later on or within the beep menu something like off, startup, startup + button press? I personally like to know it has started up successfully without having to peer around the other side of the mirror.

they possibly could be made to two individual settings, not a fan of turning the startup sounds off myself but given how often you don't actually play with menu settings I don't know that having the beeps on is that bad overall, maybe something to look at in future (we have a rather long list of things we're working on already)

Operational and IQ issues first, this sound stuff are minor league.

Hey Jokiin, Just want to say..after getting a DOD DC in my wifes car (and the many eh hmm ..teething probs with it, but seems to be fine now (although still not perfect)) I just got the SG DC. Thanks so much for making such a nice little unit. No fuss so far..but will be installing rear cam next week as need new tint on window. Just one thing.. It would be great to have the power cord just a tad longer. The reason being, a lot of people (like me) have cars that have the Cig Lighter socket in the centre console beside the drivers seat. Another 30cm (foot) would be just about right. I installed it in my Ford and wow..it was a challenge..lol. Thx again Mate. Dave

What does it mean when the red LED on the DC rec button just flashes fast continuously? Its happened twice now. No other buttons work? I’ve took the sd card out and reinserted but nothing. Can’t find anything on the user manual?

What does it mean when the red LED on the DC rec button just flashes fast continuously? Its happened twice now. No other buttons work? I’ve took the sd card out and reinserted but nothing. Can’t find anything on the user manual?

what card are you using?

Does it flashes on the start up, right?

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Yes on start up. Using the card niko supplied

I'm running the latest beta (1.18) and from one day to the next it has stopped recording audio

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I'm running the latest beta (1.18) and from one day to the next it has stopped recording audio

there's no changes to anything audio related in the recent firmware, I'll get @niko to follow up with you to check some things

there's no changes to anything audio related in the recent firmware, I'll get @niko to follow up with you to check some things
Just checked. Somehow the audio had been set to off. I definitely made sure it was enabled after I upgraded the firmware [emoji53]

Just checked. Somehow the audio had been set to off. I definitely made sure it was enabled after I upgraded the firmware [emoji53]

you can toggle audio on and off without entering the menu so could have even but an accidental button press that left the mic off

you can toggle audio on and off without entering the menu so could have even but an accidental button press that left the mic off
How do you toggle it?

Back