Rear Mounting Cameras

JustCruzin

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can anyone help me in choosing a rear mounted camera? I'm more worried about getting rear ended by someone texting than anything else.

The Mobius makes a great rear view camera, it's small, discreet, easy to mount and reliable.

I don't think they quite perfected it and at this point if you like that form factor, wait a little for 0806 which seems much improved. Also the mounts for the 080's dont seem made for removing the camera often without loosening and wobbling. The Mobius has a metal tripod mount, which is sturdy, firm and allows for many custom made mounts.

My preference is very small discreet cameras in the rear window since, in most cars, there is little to hide them behind unlike the front where you have a rear view mirror.

I've got two 0801's in my car both have been working perfectly for over a year now, check out my post in the 0801 forum.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/0801-front-rear-dual-camera-hardwired-install.5100/

Here's an image from the rear camera.

Capture.jpg~original

Last edited by a moderator:
I use the mobius for rear camera, even though i have the lens right up against the glass its easy to overlook due to the small size.

And as the lens is so close to the glass i dont have any heater elements in the footage. this i can da as i have a small hatchback with a vertical rear window.
In a sedan it will be near impossible to not get the heater elements in the footage due to the slope of the rear window.

The mobius is less than half the size of a 08xx camera when you look at the cameras mounted in a window.

Look like this up really close, actually this is pretty much the 1:1 size of the camera,the camera in the picture here is a little larger than the camera is IRL.
mobius3.jpg

This is the view i get.

mobie.jpg

Last edited:
The Mobius makes a great rear view camera, it's small, discreet, easy to mount and reliable.
yep, im going to be mounting mine soon with remote lens, will mount the unit inside the roof lining at the rear and have the lens taped to the top of the window so its barely noticeable.

I don't need to, never have it going long enough to need to use a lock file button or anything, running 64GB card it keeps a full days worth of recordings, always get home in time if I need a file.

With all that talk of super stealth, here's my current rear camera at the moment. I may replace it for a Mobius or maybe the new capicitor A118/B40 image.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, if i had a place to tinker with my car thats not under open sky, then my C3 would be in my rear window by now, but sadly its far too cold for me now to work on my car.

I'm more worried about getting rear ended by someone texting than anything else.
A rear-facing camera won't prevent you from being rear-ended, and (at least here in Canada) the person who hits you from behind is almost always held to be the responsible party-- about the only case where they wouldn't be 100% liable is if they can prove that you were doing something crazy that they couldn't prevent. In my opinion, a rear camera is of secondary importance-- get a camera on the front first. This way if somebody pulls something crazy in front of you (like the guy who turned in front of me a few weeks ago), you've got evidence that you were following the rules of the road, and that you didn't blow through a red light, etc...

Back