Screen will not turn off automatically

Racer-X

Reaction score
Country
United States
I received my B40 a few days ago, and now I have a question. Should the screen turn off when the dashcam is running? I assume that's what the auto power off setting is for, but neither the manual or the intro video on this site say that. I have set it to 1 and 3(?) minutes and the screen stays on all the time. Is that normal?

I did install the latest firmware FWIW.

wrong assumption, auto power off is for when the camera is not recording to power off the camera

you want the screen saver menu option

wrong assumption, auto power off is for when the camera is not recording to power off the camera

you want the screen saver menu option

I remember making that similar power off wrong assumption on my old mini 0801 when I was new to to the DashCam scene. We're here to help :)

Thanks! Don't know how I missed that.

Wait... So what does Auto Power Off do?

Bonus question: The manual says to press the Camera button for one second to get into and out of playback mode. Is that the Rec button? I've found myself in that mode somehow, and haven't been able to get out until I powered it down.

just got a B40/A118.
How to turn off the screen?
My Mini 0801 has screen on at start-up/power, then after minute or so turns the screen OFF, but continues to record. That is the desired behavior.

Hello everyone ! I have a dash cam from amazon, the auto-vox a118-c b40 for over one year now . I live in Romania where only main roads are smooth so for almost a month now, I ran it without knowing it's not actually recording. I think my G - sensor was too shaken or something, I did ran it on recording with power saver or so I thought. Well, after a format of the 32 GB sd card, it record ok, I did a reset and a default etc. But, when I go to Power saver, I have Off - 1 -3 -5 minutes or so right? I surf down to any digit and press the orange center button to confirm...well, nothing happens, it stays set for Off. Any idea why ? Thank you !

Last edited:
Back