SD Card for the VIOFO

kiakiatortilla

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys,
I've looked into this a little bit and it seems like it has been an issue for a while.... but is there a reason that the VIOFO dashcams are so picky with any micro SD card that is not the Sandisk Extreme, Max Endurance, or the VIOFO brand SD cards?

I bought the Samsung Endurance Pro 256gb card for the dashcam.... and it worked fine until the SD card got filled up. Now that it has to start rewriting over the oldest files, it just gives the "slow card" message and doesn't record anymore. It works fine in parking mode though, it just gives that notification and doesn't record while actually driving.

I understand that I should have looked at VIOFO's website for recommended SD cards before buying the Samsung, but I'm just very surprised on how they wouldn't ensure compatibility with one of the top memory and storage manufacturers.
I even saw a link of VIOFO selling the Samsung Pro Endurance on their Australian website, which confused me even more; here's the link to it:

The Australian seller is not related to VIOFO other than being a seller. I’m surprised there are still sellers out there bundling that card with the VIOFO cameras.
There are sure to be more cards other than the ones recommended by VIOFO that work with their newer cameras, but those three are the ones VIOFO knows do.
The older Samsung Pro Endurance cards worked well with most cameras, but their newer ones (white with blue lettering), seem to be different and aren’t as compatible with dash cameras. This is not exclusive to VIOFO.

The Australian seller is not related to VIOFO other than being a seller. I’m surprised there are still sellers out there bundling that card with the VIOFO cameras.
There are sure to be more cards other than the ones recommended by VIOFO that work with their newer cameras, but those three are the ones VIOFO knows do.
The older Samsung Pro Endurance cards worked well with most cameras, but their newer ones (white with blue lettering), seem to be different and aren’t as compatible with dash cameras. This is not exclusive to VIOFO.
Hm, I don't think the Australian seller is a separate vendor from VIOFO, the URL is viofo.com.au and the website has the VIOFO badge.
Oh I see, so basically in this case the problem isn't the dashcam, it is with the SD card? Samsung changed something within their new Endurance Pro cards that makes them gimmicky and incompatible with a lot of dashcams?

Hm, I don't think the Australian seller is a separate vendor from VIOFO, the URL is viofo.com.au and the website has the VIOFO badge.
Oh I see, so basically in this case the problem isn't the dashcam, it is with the SD card? Samsung changed something within their new Endurance Pro cards that makes them gimmicky and incompatible with a lot of dashcams?
This is our dealer in Australia: viofo.com.au. Our official website is viofo.com. It is better to change a recommend card to test at this point.
1693877134750.png

I am using Samsung EVO Select and Samsung Evo Plus 256GB microSD's in my A129 Plus with no issues.

Back