SG9663DC: Deformed power and menu buttons. Temp issue?

larryschapker

Reaction score
Country
United States
Has anyone else had issues with the "power" and "menu" buttons "deforming" (i.e. sinking into the camera only just above the red triangle button)? I have 2 camera and both are suffering this fate (one of the cameras has become unresponsive just after booting and I have a service ticket open for that). The one camera that is still functioning has a power button so deformed that one can no longer press it and have it move.

I live in the East SF bay area of California. To be honest, it hasn't gotten that hot yet this year. Maybe I received a defective lot? It is only the "power" and "menu" buttons. The "Rec", the "red triangle" and "Mic" buttons appear normal.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Attachments

• 20180902_175145.jpg
    20180902_175145.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 29
yes we've had a couple like this come up recently, not sure if it was bad plastic or an injection molding problem, that is being looked into now, the firmware version you had has also had an issue where it could power on at random on normal recording mode which is going to generate too much heat also which wouldn't help things, Jon will arrange to replace and make sure we get things updated for you

Thank you!!! I am so glad to have received such fine support after the sale!!! I was expecting to get a response some time Tuesday (after the holiday)... maybe. To get a response in 3 minutes on a Sunday evening; that is truly amazing!

Street Guardian is the greatest!!!

Fishy it always those 2 buttons, its not like the other buttons are miles away from them, but they seem fine.

Back