SG9663DC too bright and too sharp or just me?

antknight

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anybody else find the SG9663DC too bright and too sharp?
I think you can turn down the EV in the settings but what about the sharpness? Or is it just a bit grainy because EV is too high?
Sample Video

What value in EV have you selected?

we have reduced sharpness in the later beta, some people are running the front EV a little lower and the rear EV a little higher (if they have tinted windows) but we are doing some further changes on that soon

Default EV at the moment. I will turn it down for the drive home. Will that affect night picture?

Consider adding sharpness adjustment to menu?

One other request I would like to make would be to make the settings menu not transparent. I am testing the SG9663DC alongside the Aukey DR02 D and I find the setting pages on the Aukey much nicer to use. Aukey just have a solid colour background when in the menu.

Default EV at the moment. I will turn it down for the drive home. Will that affect night picture?

Consider adding sharpness adjustment to menu?

A user selective sharpness setting would be useful...but that may be hard to implement....I have no idea. It is a bit "crunchy" and far as sharpness....but push come to shove, I'd rather it be a bit sharp for my taste but still be able to pull out plate numbers that would otherwise be marginal is the picture was too soft.
Cheers
CRS

Open a ticket and ask for the latest version. I have 1.16 and it solves the sharpness. Some new features too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Does anybody else find the SG9663DC too bright and too sharp?

we have reduced sharpness in the later beta, some people are running the front EV a little lower and the rear EV a little higher (if they have tinted windows) but we are doing some further changes on that soon

Latest Beta:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/sg9663dc-beta-firmware.33142/
Change - Adjust AE values
Change - Reduce sharpness level
(and more, see release notes)

Last edited:
V 1.18. CPL fitted this time. I have to say I am not blown away by the video quality, maybe it is because I am looking at it on a big screen?
Sample Video

V 1.18. CPL fitted this time. I have to say I am not blown away by the video quality, maybe it is because I am looking at it on a big screen?
Sample Video
I downloaded it on my mobile phone and it looks great.
Then, from my mobile via Chromecast i tried to cast it on the TV. Very very pixelated. Indeed, bad quality in a big screen.
And again, i casted one of my videos on the TV (with 1.16 software version). The quality of my video is very good.
Pictured attached with your video on a big screen.
629eaa616b5ceffe77f10e682f7fdfc1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

all is well, but try to increase the bitrate to 18 mbs

TfxS9Df.jpg

Sample Video

On mobile looks good to me. Will check it later on PC. What exactly in your opinion is "missing" from video quality?

Back