SG9663DCPRO 2020 Dual Channel VS VIOFO A129 Pro Duo 4K

Which would you buy ?

• Total voters
If night-time quality is on the list of priorities, it is better.

So to my knowledge Video Quality and Video Resolution are two different things.

I have read that just because it has a higher video resolution does not always equate to a better overall picture/video.

No doubt 4K is the way of the future, and current 4K cameras like the A 129pro are by no means crap, i would put one in my car the moment i got the chance.
Also even if i recognise the low light challenges of the current 4K cameras, the way i look at low light footage what they give are still good enough for me.
But i am more eager to see the next wave of 4K cameras, i hope they will impress me more.

No doubt 4K is the way to go, and current 4K cameras like the A 129pro are by no means crap, i would put one in my car the moment i got the chance.
Also even if i recognise the low light challenges of the current 4K cameras, the way i look at low light footage what they give are still good enough for me.
But i am more eager to see the next wave of 4K cameras, i hope they will impress me more.

So is it time to leave the SG9663DCPRO in the past, and use the greatest and latest ?!??

Lol wait, which is better?
If you are stopped then definitely the A129 Pro, otherwise, probably not much difference in detail, and probably a bit more noise on the A129 Pro. (I have only seen the A129 Pro.)
So to my knowledge Video Quality and Video Resolution are two different things.

I have read that just because it has a higher video resolution does not always equate to a better overall picture/video.
There is 4x the detail in the A129 Pro image in good lighting, as the light drops it will suffer more from motion blur than the SG will so starts to lose the advantage, don't know if the SG ever gets to be better.

No not for me, i will pass on the current 4K cameras and hope for better things in the generation 2 cameras ( mainly other sensors deployed, but i would also like to see a bit higher bitrates )
By pass i mean i will not go spend my own money on one, but if someone sent me a 4K camera to test it would go strait to the prime spot on my windscreen, and my trusty DC will have to move over one spot.

To me it seem both the Blackvue / Thinkware and viofo all have their problems to deal with, though some of the reported ones might also be user based.
i just get a "rough" feeling about them all, something the SG9663DCPRO don't give me as it have well over a year to mature.
And i cant wait to see what SG have up the sleeve for 4K, but that is no way near as far as i understand it, so no need to get exited about that.
I al also equally exited about what other players can do for 4K systems in the future, it is the future for sure.

I would also like to see dual 1440p systems, maybe dual 1440p/60 FPS

No not for me, i will pass on the current 4K cameras and hope for better things in the generation 2 cameras ( mainly other sensors deployed, but i would also like to see a bit higher bitrates )
By pass i mean i will not go spend my own money on one, but if someone sent me a 4K camera to test it would go strait to the prime spot on my windscreen, and my trusty DC will have to move over one spot.

To me it seem both the Blackvue / Thinkware and viofo all have their problems to deal with, though some of the reported ones might also be user based.
i just get a "rough" feeling about them all, something the SG9663DCPRO don't give me as it have well over a year to mature.
And i cant wait to see what SG have up the sleeve for 4K, but that is no way near as far as i understand it, so no need to get exited about that.
I al also equally exited about what other players can do for 4K systems in the future, it is the future for sure.

I would also like to see dual 1440p systems, maybe dual 1440p/60 FPS

I completely understand what you are saying.

I was debating about getting the Thinkware - u1000. But It's just too expensive.

I think you may have convinced me to get the SG.

Do you recommend hardwiring for parking ?

you have to hardwire to do parking modes.

you have to hardwire to do parking modes.

I understand that.

My question is, considering draining your battery (Yes I know of the min. voltage switch) / more storage space used up + all over variables.

Would you still do it / did you still do it ?

The good thing about getting a camera is, when you replace it you can give the "old" one to someone you care about.
I have made it a rule to give away my test cameras when i an done with them, but have exhausted friend and family option so are now resorting to give away on my youtube channel, or as with the SGGCX2 to a friend of my nephew.
I assume my friend will be getting my SG9663DC when it get to there.

well i have CCTV from my apartment on my car parked in the back yard, and i only go out to town to shop, so my plan when i get to try it is to use a 1 or 2 hour cut off timer, and then a 12.2V cut off voltage to make damn sure.
Should i feel the need to use parking guard for longer i can just enter the camera and up the timer to a longer period, say if a hot girl invited this decrepit old guy out for a movie and dinner.
If i had a need for long time parking, and i drove enough to recharge my batteries, i would go for a charge splitter / insulator like RV people use, and then a separate AGM battery only for my cameras.

There are also the dedicated dashcam backup batteries, but i think they might be a even more expensive solution, the SG cameras can use these dashcam backup batteries from other makers as i recall.

I am going to upgrade the tiny battery in my tiny Suzuki car this year, its a 2012 car so it must be somewhat worn by now.
But i cant put a "super" large battery in as i would then have to modify the battery tray and the two battery wires too, but otherwise if i had access to tools and materials that would not be a problem for me.
My DIY powers are strong :)

But the SG only offers time-lapse parking mode.

While the Viofo offers: Buffered, time-lapse, low bit rate.
ours has 1fps, 2fps and 5fps timelapse, and 30fps low bitrate, we don't do buffered motion detect as it still isn't 100% reliable, that goes for any brand of camera

we are working on a 4k model as well, not due anytime soon though, current 4k cameras are not suitable for warm climates, they overheat too easily

Understood.

FHD cameras are not ideal for states with small writing on the license plates.

Best to compromise and go for 2K resolution - the A119 V3...

FHD cameras are not ideal for states with small writing on the license plates.

Best to compromise and go for 2K resolution - the A119 V3...

What about the rear ?

Get two 119V3.

One for the front and one for the rear ??

Get two 119V3.
If you want ultimate image quality and reliability then that is quite a good solution, not best for convenience though, you have two cameras to look after, and no wifi or Bluetooth. For cooler places I would go for the A129 Pro, but hotter places the A119 V3 will cope with the heat better.

Back