SG9663DR update

Friend have mowed out the layout of the high speed offroad track, the guy with the digger said that's a good idea, as good as putting stakes in the ground.
So my friend have been riding his lawn mower.

Are pre-orders normally cheaper? Looking to get another dash cam for my new car. I had Viofo before but it not reliable. Thinking of going back to Street Guardian.

Are pre-orders normally cheaper? Looking to get another dash cam for my new car. I had Viofo before but it not reliable. Thinking of going back to Street Guardian.
speak to @Street Guardian USA they'll have a small quantity of stock available within a week

not at this stage, the current waterproof camera we have is not compatible, we are planning an updated waterproof camera though which will be able to support the DR
Are you considering upgrade paths where only the central unit is replaced so to support newer/more cameras?

I think that might actually be possible if SG stay with the same Rx/Tx chipset, in a new box witch support 4 cameras.
I have also been playing with the idea of a way to daisy chain elements, so for instance two dual systems will still be in sync even if it is 2 systems, and you could then do other things like Alarm modules you can tie onto the system.

BUT ! i am just a supporter guessing here.

i like the thought of this. the camera and its sensors are small, minimal footprint on the windshield. control box with the heat generating encoders and cpu can be put under seat, in glove box, or somewhere else, rather than in the window, in direct sun (even if shielded by the black dot matrix). also no small form factor to adhere to (since the brains are in a separate control box) allows for larger passive heatsinks, plus a simple DC computer fan doesnt pull very much power at all, we could have active cooling for those really hot days in the summer.

im anxious to see how this form factor plays out. i think it has a lot of potential

I think its the future of dashcams, make sense in so many ways to me.
You are touching on things i have also mentioned

i can see how this may not be appealing to some.. as its not as portable as a "normal" windshield mounted camera.. but now days are they really that "portable" anymore? front camera maybe, rear.. not portable at all if its connected by a 20foot cable that is tucked into the headliner, a-pillar, and other trim panels.

i sincerely hope this breaks all the rules and starts the next iteration of dash cams

If you're going to take the control box off the windscreen, one next step could be to integrate it into the dashboard, and then you're close to having a factory fitted camera system.

i like where you're going with this @TonyM ;)

i would love a "sentry mode" that the tesla's have, for non tesla's

or even better, imagine 6 cameras, 4 for sentry mode/birds eye. 2 for front and rear overall view similar to what we have with current dual channel cams, and even the option to switch to bumper front and rear cams for backup cam/forward curb cam...

oh yeah, and integrate it all in my infotainment system.. how long for you guys to make that @jokiin ? :ROFLMAO:

i like the thought of this. the camera and its sensors are small, minimal footprint on the windshield. control box with the heat generating encoders and cpu can be put under seat, in glove box, or somewhere else

that's pretty much the usage case for these

so when do we actually get to see it?

What type of power connection(s) will it have? Will it include the "hardwire parking mode" where it cuts off power after a select set time duration and or detection of battery current drop? Maybe this is incorporated into the main head module power connection then a Parking Mode Hardwire kit will not be needed?

Back