SG9665GC firmware updates and pre release access

PM inbound sir. In the bright daylight clip you'll see my near miss in the first few seconds of the clip, the overcast one take note of the CRV completely blowing a red light and about hitting the guy in front of me about two thirds into the clip. The light is turning yellow as I'm going through it so its not like he was running it, it has been red for a whole cycle. Good times.

No rush at all, enjoy the trip!

The frame 5 & 6 do seem a bit fuzzy, i would expect to be reading the plates better in those situations.

But i am allso pretty baffled by this myself, it is as if some times dashcams choose a really bad setting and make bad captures, and the day after in what seem to be even crappier circumstances the camera use a better setting and make stunning captures.

I am not sure what this is or if its just me, but i have seen / had this feeling about all of my cameras, but most on the ones in my windscreen, and thats proberly due to me looking at ther footage far more often than the footage of the rear - right - left side cameras.

But i am not overly exited about this as i dont rely much in my cameras, and for the most i just use ther footage to expose crappy drivers on youtube, and for the most ther stunts is clear to see even with the most foggy footage.

But if i get a hit and run and miss plate capture you can be sure you will hear me bitch even more than i did when i was rear-ended in october and missed that due to a known flaky power supply to my rear camera. :oops:

What i have realized so far is having more cameras is a big +
I am stunned about what the L side mobius camera capture and for that matter the R side innovvC3 camera, for the most if what i can get off the front camera dont make me happy i am able to find somthing better on one of the other cameras.

Anyways no matter the brand or camera price, things will only get better.

Last edited:
Yes, those two were the best examples of plates. The others were more just to show the passing cars looking like they were ghosting pretty bad.

I have a coworker with a Camsys CF-100 and we drive the same route and at times right behind or in front of me. He was showing me some of his video and that is really when I noticed mine being poor compared to his. Just overall clarity and sharpness were so much better hence why I thought I'd ask on here.

I know catching a plate every time is too much to ask, if I really need it I will call it out aloud so the audio will catch it. I do security cameras and a lot of them and trying to catch plates is a struggle at times on a 3 or 4mp camera. I will likely always have a camera regardless in my car, I just like them being there.

I am back on here researching my next purchase trying to see what I need next. Need one for my soon to be driving daughter, and want to equip the wife's car too. I'm an addict. The best kind of addict!

I've noticed over the last week that the last file in a sequence is often corrupt even with version SG20160111.V2 firmware.

I also noticed a firmware option I hadn't noticed before - Boot Delay, so I decided to go back and try the latest firmware version (SG20160323.V2) again using a 15 second Boot Delay instead of the 5 second default. The longer boot delay seems to have solved the problem with the screen saver not timing out.

Are there any options that would delay the camera saving the last file and running out of power before the last file is closed? For what it's worth, Auto power off is set to the default 1 min.

I've noticed over the last week that the last file in a sequence is often corrupt even with version SG20160111.V2 firmware.

I also noticed a firmware option I hadn't noticed before - Boot Delay, so I decided to go back and try the latest firmware version (SG20160323.V2) again using a 15 second Boot Delay instead of the 5 second default. The longer boot delay seems to have solved the problem with the screen saver not timing out.

Are there any options that would delay the camera saving the last file and running out of power before the last file is closed? For what it's worth, Auto power off is set to the default 1 min.

are you still getting the broken file on shutdown?

I've only been running the latest firmware with the longer boot delay for two days now, so there are only four sets of half hour trips recorded on the memory card. But so far, all files are good.

ok, not sure why there would be any difference but please keep an eye on it and let me know if any issues

I enjoy trying the latest firmware on most of my devices.
Is there any way I can be alerted through email when a new beta comes out for my SG9665GC.V2?
I have the March beta9 loaded currently.
Thanks so much.

I've been running the same hardware and firmware for the last few weeks, and I pulled the memory card last night to see how it's been performing. I do have some issues.

The firmware is ver:SG20160323.V2 (beta 9) with a 128 GB PNY Class 10 UHS-I memory card (P-SDUX128U160G-GE).

I formatted the memory card in camera, reset to defaults, then set:

Record audio off (default on, high)
Display logo off (default on)
Boot Delay 15 sec (default 5 sec)
Screen saver 15 sec (default 1 min)

The memory card was full, with 378 files for 74 trips that varied from just a few minutes to nearly an hour.

12 files were corrupt. I didn't examine every trip, but on at least one trip where I drove more than 20 minutes, the dashcam only recorded two 3 minute files, the second of which was corrupt.

This is unacceptable. Is it possible I have a faulty dashcam?

Ok, I will try the Transcend card and keep track of the performance this week. I'm running h2testw.exe on the PNY card now, and that looks like it's going to take a few hours.

For what it's worth, I have run the Flash Memory Toolkit benchmark on the PNY card and the Transcend card that came with the dashcam, and the PNY card benchmarks slightly higher than the Transcend.

The fact the I'm the only one reporting these problems is exactly why I'm beginning to think my dashcam itself may not be up to par.

The weakest link is always the memory card. I've had a few customers report failed PNY cards over the last year in multiple products we sell. (not enough, to not recommend PNY but just letting you know)
Transcend 400x Premium cards we include are plenty fast, and very reliable.

Yes, the PNY card was formatted in camera.

The weakest link is always the memory card. I've had a few customers report failed PNY cards over the last year in multiple products we sell. (not enough, to not recommend PNY but just letting you know)
Transcend 400x Premium cards we include are plenty fast, and very reliable.
I've also had the same problem with a 32 GB Samsung EVO card, and these cards have not had any problems in the rear-facing A118-C I have.

Cell Power CPUSB01 12V to 5V MiniUSB Power Adapter wired to go on with the ignition switch. Purchased with the SG9665GC through Amazon from Pier 28.

I ran h2testw.exe write+verify test on the PNY card using the endless verify option for about 12 hours with no errors reported.

Back