SG9665GC firmware updates and pre release access

updated the first post with link to the current beta, there are still some known issues that we are working but stability should be ok, the GPS bug we've been chasing seems to be ok now but still needs further testing to confirm

if you turn the Street Guardian logo off in the menu the OSD text won't align correctly, that should be fixed soon

if you have issues and want to roll back to the previous public beta I have included a link to it in the release notes

this is V2 cameras only, V1 camera firmware will be updated later

New Beta installed :D

Is it possible to list the bugs that are already known? Might save reporting ones that are already known.

The only bug I've found so far is when setting the Car No, no characters are actually displayed until you move to the next field. Luckily I know my alphabet so wasn't too hard to set :p

The real test will be tomorrow when I actually drive to work. To wet and miserable here in Sydney tonight :confused:

Last edited:
I was hoping this might work but the card reader draws too much power :(

1lRL9+

I was hoping this might work but the card reader draws too much power :(

1lRL9+

If you're referring to the "this device is not compatible" error on iPhone when you plug in the camera connection kit that's Normal. You're better off getting the 3rd party iReader device anyway talked about a few pages back.

Installed Beta 16, all seems to work ok so far. Won't get to take the car out and test it until tomorrow though.

Is the AE table improved even on default settings, i.e. Average AE? Or do we need to use one of the new AE modes to see the benefit?

Installed Beta 16, all seems to work ok so far. Won't get to take the car out and test it until tomorrow though.

Is the AE table improved even on default settings, i.e. Average AE? Or do we need to use one of the new AE modes to see the benefit?

The default "average" is the new one you've seen videos of.

If you're referring to the "this device is not compatible" error on iPhone when you plug in the camera connection kit that's Normal. You're better off getting the 3rd party iReader device anyway talked about a few pages back.

No, the camera kit/USB adapter will give an error if it draws too much power.

The only bug I've found so far is when setting the Car No, no characters are actually displayed until you move to the next field. Luckily I know my alphabet so wasn't too hard to set :p

not sure what you mean, can you elaborate?

Two birds with one stone, camera testing while rabbiting. ;) Is that with a cpl filter or without?

I initially thought the same thing but in fact it is there you just can't see it. You need to take the camera off it's mount and change your angle of view. The fact the characters are white doesn't help would be easier to see them if they were black but I haven't thought of what any unintended consequences of changing that might be. Easier to just hold the camera screen flat towards you when entering info in the fields.

Last edited:
This is not correct, I initially thought the same thing but in fact it is there you just can't see it. You need to take the camera off it's mount and change your angle of view. The fact the characters are white doesn't help would be easier to see them if they were black but I haven't thought of what any unintended consequences of changing that might be. Easier to just hold the camera screen flat towards you when entering info in the fields.

yeah we just changed that from 8 to 11 characters, the menu setup etc is still the same as previous

We had a few special needs where more than 8 characters is needed for a few special customers so it's nice that we can go up to 11 now in the "Car No" settings page

Back