SG9665GC firmware updates and pre release access

Rayman Chan personally (and Nigel) confirmed this to me months ago when I was investigating the matter but I've held off getting into it publicly, especially after the "rumor" that a DCIM folder would be added. I was waiting to see what happened, hence my disappointment.

In any event, like ANY other camera, still or video that uses the industry standard DCIM file structure, Apple products will recognize it.

Rayman Chan personally (and Nigel) confirmed this to me months ago when I was investigating the matter but I've held off getting into it publicly, especially after the "rumor" that a DCIM folder would be added. I was waiting to see what happened, hence my disappointment.

In any event, like ANY other camera, still or video that uses the industry standard DCIM file structure, Apple products will recognize it.

was the question does the camera have a DCIM folder or does it work with the Apple camera connection kit? Just having the folder there doesn't make it work with Apple, I haven't checked their product but the screenshots Sunny posted suggests it won't work for Apple either

Unfortunately, that device seems to list files in a somewhat random order. It seems that would make it pretty hard to find a specific clip when you're trying to play one on demand. The device I already own (iReader) would work great with the standard DCIM folder so, again, I look forward to getting a DCIM folder like most other media

I'm able to read the files from a Mini 0805 in the iReader just fine. The folder structure is
Root
DCIM/
100MEDIA
(xxx.mov files)
gps/

Unfortunately, that device seems to list files in a somewhat random order. It seems that would make it pretty hard to find a specific clip when you're trying to play one on demand. The device I already own (iReader) would work great with the standard DCIM folder so, again, I look forward to getting a DCIM folder like most other media

does it list them with names or show thumbnails?

does it list them with names or show thumbnails?

I was just going by the screenshot showing the files (and the comments) in the thread linked to the "workaround device"

I'm able to read the files from a Mini 0805 in the iReader just fine. The folder structure is
Root
DCIM/
100MEDIA
(xxx.mov files)
gps/

what's the actual file name?

which reader do you have, searching for iReader doesn't work too well

Here's the iReader. And the video files for the Mini 0805 are named, AMBA00xx.MOV

Yes, the iReader I have looks identical to the WECODO you linked.

I just modified my card out of my GC by creating a DCIM folder and moving the CARDV folder (and everything underneath) into that DCIM folder. All the video files play fine in this reader with that modification.

Yes, the iReader I have looks identical to the WECODO you linked.

I just modified my card out of my GC by creating a DCIM folder and moving the CARDV folder (and everything underneath) into that DCIM folder. All the video files play fine in this reader with that modification.

in an aftermarket reader it's probably not an issue, it's the genuine Apple connection kit that is the one that is difficult to accommodate

do you have an SG9665GC V2 or V1?

I have the SG9665GC V2. It almost appears that with the iReader all the app is looking for is a DCIM folder. Without the DCIM folder the app can't find any suitable files. I have no idea if the Apple reader/app would be more picky.

I have the SG9665GC V2. It almost appears that with the iReader all the app is looking for is a DCIM folder. Without the DCIM folder the app can't find any suitable files. I have no idea if the Apple reader/app would be more picky.

yeah we know it's a problem with the Apple version as we've tested that

if I send you a new firmware can you test with this reader for us?

OK guys, here's one point I wish to address. Why is it that the NanoQ which uses the same DSP/sensor combination has had the industry standard DCIM folder structure and GPS/speed imprinting since day one?

The NanoQ implementation of a DCIM file folder structure doesn't work, same problem. (Nothing to import) just because the DCIM\100MEDIA folder is there isn't enough for Apple to recognize it for some reason. It works fine in the 3rd party iReader device though I'm told.

thanks for the zipped up full card save @Sunny

7375947ead65501192ddb89c628bd91c.jpg

Haven't read all about this DCIM issue, but wouldn't it be an idea to create a symlink from the (physically empty) DCIM folder to the folder where the files are saved? I guess this would work on a linux machine, but I'm not sure about Windows or Apple.

I guess it's a work around and nothing more than that, and you would need to recreate that symlink after every time you format the card, but hey... ;)

Back