SG9665GC firmware updates and pre release access

normally the imperial speed is without the slash, metric is with, we needed to have a consistent setting for OSD reasons so we either had to lose a slash or add one, we're doing some OSD fixes now so can change it if it's a big deal

actually the request for more characters came from Russia, we only had 8 and they needed 9, I told our engineer we needed 10 and he gave me 11
Now Russian users can set up to 99 loggers in one car, so expect a storm of orders from Russia.:D

Either correct or incorrect usage? What do other manufacturers use?

Sorry, I meant either or, I can move it or remove it, I'm thinking actually I might just remove it as the extra space we gain from removing the slash helps us with another thing we have to fix

I see my old GT-680W just used MPH. I vote for removing the slash, especially if you end up needing to hand off a file to law enforcement or an insurance company just to keep things simple.
Would be interesting to see examples from a range of other cameras.

MPH.png

Deleting it will give you the extra space which means you can fix how all the characters move when speed drops below 10 to a single character. That the plan? lol.

how all the characters move when speed drops below 10 to a single character. That the plan? lol.
They move?
How about some leading zeros?

M/PH or MP/H are both wrong as they are both saying Miles Per Per Hour. It must be M/H or MPH. I prefer the latter although if you must also dump the slash from km/h then that will technically be wrong too, however it sounds like you need the extra space anyway.

I have to say the extra slash for mph did bug me somewhat... lol. Plus KMH doesn't look as odd as MP/H IMO.

Deleting it will give you the extra space which means you can fix how all the characters move when speed drops below 10 to a single character. That the plan? lol.

that's something we're working on fixing at the moment, may have to add leading zeros to the speed as you see on some other solutions to stop it dancing around

like this

Ambarella OSD speed.jpg

I have to say the extra slash for mph did bug me somewhat... lol. Plus KMH doesn't look as odd as MP/H IMO.

only what you're used to seeing that makes it look odd, I'm sure if we change it the other way around then everyone here will complain, can't please everyone unfortunately

only what you're used to seeing that makes it look odd, I'm sure if we change it the other way around then everyone here will complain, can't please everyone unfortunately

Looking at your most recent screenshot, MPH and KPH seems like a good compromise. The important thing is that you know from the footage whether it is Miles or Kilometres, Per Hour. :)

beta_16_night (default settings)

Something I notice. When the KP/H goes from single digit to two digits, the date and time stamp keep moving 1 spacing back n forth. Is it possible to make it not do that?

Not a huge deal, but thought I'd mention it.

Back