SG9665GC firmware updates and pre release access

Something I notice. When the KP/H goes from single digit to two digits, the date and time stamp keep moving 1 spacing back n forth. Is it possible to make it not do that?

Not a huge deal, but thought I'd mention it.
I think @jokiin has mentioned that they are going to have leading 0s to prevent that.

I do not want the leading 0. Just remove the slash if you have to - thats my strongly-opioned vote.
Seems like the majority here agree.

Here's another idea: Is there a way to add a glyph, or a blank character (you can do this in Windows sometimes) to prevent it from moving?

The leading zero is to account for 1kph, 10kph and 100kph all being different sizes and so moving on the OSD.

alex:
Then I agree the Firmware should be forked each build. It's not hard to do with a build management system, and we are talking about probably a few code line changes between builds.
Bigger projects are forked all the time.

or,

Add an option to add a leading zero.

It just doesn't make sense you can't use if/and or and/or statements in the code to draw the speed using a leading zero or not.

IF MPH
then draw like this
ELSE
then draw like this with a zero
END IF

Almost any language has a system like that for logic.

Pier28:
For example,
http://www.worldstart.com/the-invisible-character/

or use a 100% transparent gif or something as a spacer?
Anyways just floating ideas.

Why would it need to be forked?

000MPH
^^^
|||-----third-position
||------second-position
|-------first-position

IF first-position = 0
MOVE SPACE to first-position
THEN IF second-position = 0
MOVE SPACE to second-position.

So if I haven't been keeping up with thread can someone give me the rundown of what is new/fixed in new fw? Also most current version is in post 1 correct?

The release notes contain the change log, that will give you the specifics.

So if I haven't been keeping up with thread can someone give me the rundown of what is new/fixed in new fw? Also most current version is in post 1 correct?

/****************************************************************************************************

Street Guardian SG9665GC V2 (SGGCV2.bin)
For cameras serial numbers from SGGC-Bxxxxxxxx
Settings menu display version number SG20xxxxxx.V2

/****************************************************************************************************
date:2016-06-01
ver:SG20160601.V2 (beta 16)

1. Bugfix GPS time updating problem when the signal is weak.
2. Change 'Card Error' message to 'Format' Card when memory card is non-FAT32 format.

date:2016-05-26
ver:SG20160526.V2 (beta 15)

1. OSD km/h mp/h change to KM/H MP/H
2. Add a space between the speed display and KM/H, MP/H
3. GPS with on signal OSD gps: unlocated changed to --- --- when no signal
4. Bugfix the text overlaps when all OSD options "on"
5. Car no.position changed to the left corner of LCD display
6. Bugfix GPS time updating problem during startup

date:2016-05-24
ver:SG20160524.V2 (beta 14)
1. Rename AUTO POWER OFF menu to AUTO RESTART
2. Car No.Function add to support 11 characters.
3. Bugfix GPS signal bars wrong color shown
4. Bugfix GPS clock reset problem ****note there is still a GPS bug in this version****

date:2016-05-18
ver:SG20160518.V2 (beta 13)

1. Add OSD speed menu list--have MP/H & KP/H & off three options, off as the default setting.
with real function

date:2016-05-17
ver:SG20160517.V2 (beta 12)

1. Bugfix Duplicate frame error
2. Add menu selectable options for AE, Low, Center, Average (default Average)
3. Add OSD speed menu list have MP/H & KP/H & Off (default Off). **** NOTE: menu added but not functional in this version****
4. Change Motion detect ICON to "M"

date:2016-05-14
ver:SG20160514.V2 (beta 11)

1. Bugfix Recalibrate motion detect range.
2. Bugfix Screen to not wake up when G-sensor triggered.
3. Bugfix Remove PC mode/webcam mode.
4. Add loop recording icon to LCD to show current setting, 1 minute, 3 minutes, 5 minutes.
5. Add auto format menu prompt when booting with exFAT memory card, choose yes to format, choose cancel to quit.
6. Add single press for file save event including when screen is off.
7. Change file structure to DCIM standard.
8. Change GPS to add analysis and filtration process, only approve time sync and location when received satellite signals from more than 4 satellites.

alex:
Then I agree the Firmware should be forked each build. It's not hard to do with a build management system, and we are talking about probably a few code line changes between builds.
Bigger projects are forked all the time.

or,

Add an option to add a leading zero.

It just doesn't make sense you can't use if/and or and/or statements in the code to draw the speed using a leading zero or not.

IF MPH
then draw like this
ELSE
then draw like this with a zero
END IF

Almost any language has a system like that for logic.

Pier28:
For example,
http://www.worldstart.com/the-invisible-character/

or use a 100% transparent gif or something as a spacer?
Anyways just floating ideas.

not sure if we can do an invisible character to replace a leading zero, might be a problem when we need a zero. the slash in the speed unit is unrelated to this, there might be another way to do it so not going to jump to conclusions just yet, will see what the engineer says we have as far as options go first

Q- I've read in previous posts that the RC is better at motion detect / parking mode than the GC has been (less buggy I guess?). Has the newest firmware addressed this and made the GC motion detect just as good/stable as the RC is?

Q- I've read in previous posts that the RC is better at motion detect / parking mode than the GC has been (less buggy I guess?). Has the newest firmware addressed this and made the GC motion detect just as good/stable as the RC is?

there have been changes to the motion detect settings, not really a bug thing but the RC has pre buffer motion detect so in that respect it is a better performer for motion detect as it can capture data from before an event

Looks like there's been a lot of progress :D Good work!

Looking forward to the stable

If we are still making changes or adding features it's always a beta release at first.
so do we have a time frame on when the next stable firmware will be released or are they all called beta release as they are forever evolving?

Normally you run a beta until enough time passes without major bugs popping up.

Usually one of the betas gets marked as stable.

The last beta I tried became the stable release, so I didn't even have to re-flash.

Back