SG9665GC firmware updates and pre release access

Trust me, you want this one!

I found a display bug in the recorded videos with the v16 beta firmware. The hours digits are displayed on the far right side of the screen. Sometimes it's both numbers of the hour but most of the time it is just the first number. It is related to the speed display single digit speed=2 digits on the right, double digit speed=1 digit on the right. I have attached pictures. I am going to disable the speed display and check it tomorrow and see if anything changes.

Attachments

• hour incorrect placement-1.jpg
    hour incorrect placement-1.jpg
    488.4 KB · Views: 34
  • hour incorrect placement-2.jpg
    hour incorrect placement-2.jpg
    546.1 KB · Views: 36
Okay so been running beta 16 for a couple of days:

The good:
  • AE is definitely behaving itself a lot better now, tries to hold on to the road and blow the sky out a bit more now (a good thing). I'm happy to leave EV at 0 now.
  • Detail seems a bit better and seems like there is less compression with lots of foliage (was quite blocky at times before).
The bad (hopefully just bugs):
  • The camera doesn't seem to be logging GPS co-ords now, so registration viewer can't show speed graph, or direction, or plot your route on the map. It is showing OSD speed, so I know GPS is still working.
  • The date seems to be one day ahead. I have set it to GMT 0, but it says it is the 8th June (currently 7th as a type).

The bad (hopefully just bugs):
  • The camera doesn't seem to be logging GPS co-ords now, so registration viewer can't show speed graph, or direction, or plot your route on the map. It is showing OSD speed, so I know GPS is still working.
  • The date seems to be one day ahead. I have set it to GMT 0, but it says it is the 8th June (currently 7th as a type).

haven't had any other reports of this, did you reset defaults etc when updating, format the card etc

have you restarted the camera since?

Yes I reset to defaults and formatted card.

Only settings I changed after were, timezone, MP/H and Car No, I think.

EDIT: Oh and G sensor off.

my preferred method after updating is to reset defaults, let it record and wait until the camera gets GPS signal, then format the card and let it timeout and restart and it should pull the correct time on restart

The time is correct, but it is 24 hrs ahead.

I didn't know if it was just a timezone bug?

can you go through the reset and setup again and see if you still have the same issue, @niko is in the same timezone as you and hasn't mentioned any anomalies with the date

I'll give it a go in the morning :)

I found a display bug in the recorded videos with the v16 beta firmware. The hours digits are displayed on the far right side of the screen. Sometimes it's both numbers of the hour but most of the time it is just the first number. It is related to the speed display single digit speed=2 digits on the right, double digit speed=1 digit on the right. I have attached pictures. I am going to disable the speed display and check it tomorrow and see if anything changes.

thanks, aware of this already, if you turn logo on it won't do this, we're working on this today, we'll have it sorted for the next firmware release

What is your GMT settings ?

Edit: OK, I see it is "0".

Will this new version contain the "lock files" change request by any chance?

not yet, that's still a work in progress, as @Pier28 mentioned we have changed it to a single press now where before you had to wake the screen up first but the actual save segment hasn't been changed yet

@alexp999 select time zone GMT +1 to compensate DTS.

After any new FW update is done:
1. format memory card inside unit
2. "default" from menu settings.
3. Hard reset via button on the right side of the unit
4. After unit boots up wait till GPS signal is locked (green gps sign).
5. "default" from menu settings.
6. Select GMT +1h time zone (for summer time)
7. Adjust time / date

After that you should be fine

Back