SG9665GC firmware updates and pre release access

yeah maybe mask is better than cut

OK, as I've said, I've been offline for a week so I guess I'm a bit behind the curve about the change to center weighted but I'm pleased to hear about that. So yeah, I do vote for mask. That's the actual term for the function.

OK, as I've said, I've been offline for a week so I guess I'm a bit behind the curve about the change to center weighted but I'm pleased to hear about that. So yeah, I do vote for mask. That's the actual term for the function.

we haven't released the version with the renamed menu so not something you missed as such

low mask?

bottom mask?

hood/bonnet mask?

Edit: I just realized that's the same thing I said a few posts ago, so that's indeed my suggestion.

Last edited:
that's correct for your situation but may seem illogical to someone that doesn't have the hood in view, not sure

A dark hood in the FOV is definitely a big part of this problem and therefore the reason to choose this setting, no? Why else would someone choose this setting?

There must be a simple word/term each language uses to describe a vehicle's hood/bonnet/dashboard, as well as cowl?

Maybe DCT members from different countries might chime in here?

There must be a simple word/term each language uses to describe a vehicle's hood/bonnet/dashboard, as well as cowl?

Maybe DCT members from different countries might chime in here?

more that I'be prefer to name to reflect the result rather than the cause as some may prefer this option even if they have no hood, dash etc in view, maybe low mask, lower mask, low frame mask, something like that, not a big deal as we have bigger fish to fry right now but I have some menu language corrections to do and some other languages to add, there's a huge spreadsheet I need to go through and do all the corrections so sort of want to get that all done in one go when the time comes, just brainstorming right now

(I don't know the exact percentages, but I'm thinking)
Mask 25% Low
Mask 25% High
Mask 50% Middle
Average 100%

something like that maybe, still brain storming

probably the most correct, worried what your lady friend might think if you need to announce you're changing to bottom mask mode though :p

I guess I'll just have to tell her that there's a car brand from India called Tata. As in bodacious tatas. :D

Last edited:
What about "dark sh1t at the bottom of the frame" mask?

What about FOCUS ? its somthing most ppl can relate to.

Focus on top
Focus on middle
full frame focus

I know for ppl knowing photography this do sound a little wierd as its after not focus as in sharp or blurred picture, but rather the part of the frame the metering focus on ?

Just trowing somthing out there.

What about FOCUS ? its somthing most ppl can relate to.

Focus on top
Focus on middle
full frame focus

I know for ppl knowing photography this do sound a little wierd as its after not focus as in sharp or blurred picture, but rather the part of the frame the metering focus on ?

Just trowing somthing out there.

Why use a term that has nothing at all to do with the functionality of the settings and that otherwise would only serve to confuse many users?

I guess I agree with @jokiin when he says that he'd prefer the name to reflect the result.

Last edited:
Back