SG9665GC firmware updates and pre release access

I am using beta 26 for this sample video. Any advice on the picture or settings would be appreciated . Sorry ,I haven't worked out how to embed it like Feiteliik has on his videos. LOL, I have now.:) Has a CPL filer on as well. Thanks.

I am using beta 26 for this sample video. Any advice on the picture or settings would be appreciated . Sorry ,I haven't worked out how to embed it like Feiteliik has on his videos. LOL, I have now.:) Has a CPL filer on as well. Thanks.

920f8650a32c9844ff8b3083c154a196.jpg

Sorry, newbie at this. It should be working ,I think. I had it set for private, thinking that sharing the link would still work as long as you had the link.

that's not too bad with the sun pointing straight at it. maybe turn lens down a click.

Do we have a solid eta on a stable firmware release and when cams will start shipping with it? I haven't been here for a while, but my primary dash cam has now bit the dust and I'm running on my backups. Have to decide soon whether to go with this cam or a different one.

answer should be simple, stay with this one.

GC Firmware updates have always been very stable (both public release and public beta versions). Innovations and improvements are always on going as we like to make the product perform to the best of its ability as new ideas are thought of and or discovered in the SDK etc.

that's not too bad with the sun pointing straight at it. maybe turn lens down a click.

I will try 1 click down on the cam. That is where it was after fitting the thicker mount. Thanks.

which AE setting are you using?

Hi jokiin. The AE setting is on centre weighted. Do you I should have it set differently?

Hi jokiin. The AE setting is on centre weighted. Do you I should have it set differently?

no that's fine, just when there are sample videos it helps to know what settings were used when evaluating the results, thanks for confirming :)

they already ship with stable firmware, we are still working on performance improvements though

Fair enough; I've only been seeing Beta numbers in this thread since the last time I checked, was wondering if there was a public release that fixes the frame-stutter glitch I noted months ago in a previous firmware.

I don't have much time to muck around with the cameras these days after it's installed, and just want to be sure it's going to be reliable once I set-and-forget. If there's already a finalized non-beta firmware somewhere that has fixed the aforementioned frame duplication and exposure issues others have had, then I'll look into getting a couple of cams.

Who do I approach for the purchase though? It was suggested I needed to approach someone specifically about the purchase since I'm out of pocket two lots of postage from returning two previous cameras due to the frame-duplication stutter issue.

Fair enough; I've only been seeing Beta numbers in this thread since the last time I checked, was wondering if there was a public release that fixes the frame-stutter glitch I noted months ago in a previous firmware.
I think the last non-beta release had this fixed ages ago.
Who do I approach for the purchase though?
jokiin

I don't have much time to muck around with the cameras these days after it's installed, and just want to be sure it's going to be reliable once I set-and-forget. If there's already a finalized non-beta firmware somewhere that has fixed the aforementioned frame duplication and exposure issues others have had, then I'll look into getting a couple of cams.

Who do I approach for the purchase though? It was suggested I needed to approach someone specifically about the purchase since I'm out of pocket two lots of postage from returning two previous cameras due to the frame-duplication stutter issue.

Frame duplication bug was fixed a few months ago so it is included in both the latest shipping/public firmware and beta firmware. Where in Australia are you located? @jokiin will let you know your local and online options.

Fair enough; I've only been seeing Beta numbers in this thread since the last time I checked,
Probably due to it being a thread for beta releases. ;)

Nothing wrong with the public betas though. They aren't released if not stable.

Is there a way to add an idiot warning beep when theres no memory card inserted?

I forgot to reinsert the card the other day after reviewing it, and i cant really see what the cam is doing behind my mirror.

Is there a way to add an idiot warning beep when theres no memory card inserted?

I forgot to reinsert the card the other day after reviewing it, and i cant really see what the cam is doing behind my mirror.

This would be quite useful, I've done it before, forgot to put SD card back in then look across half way in to the journey and it's turned itself off, lol.

Ideally separate from the beep control though, as I like that turned off to mute the startup sound. I.e. the only time the camera would make a noise is when I've forgot to insert the SD card.

I second idiot beeps - espicially if the camera can't write to the card so we know the card died.

Back