SG9665GC firmware updates and pre release access

faked 2-300 interest forms

Sneaky :)

11824069436_35372f7124.jpg

I haven't priced up any cards yet and only have 1 camera to worry about, but yeah, I can see it would be costly for several cameras.

You don't need to have two high capacity cards, just one which is big enough to run until you have downloaded the footage and can put the high capacity one back in.

Here is a crazy idea that could benefit all cams not just SG: display a grid to help with alignment while installing. Or better yet, an on screen level :)

on screen level that would be cool, but just get out ya laser level on installing it, she'll be right after that.

sure, was there something in particular in that version you were looking for?

I've got all the trucks on it and just installed another SG in one and want the firmware all the same as they all seem very stable so far on this firmware, don't want to mess with what's not broken!

I'm wondering though if I've marked up my sheet wrong and they are actually on version 16? Will need to check the actual cameras.

Cheers

I've got all the trucks on it and just installed another SG in one and want the firmware all the same as they all seem very stable so far on this firmware, don't want to mess with what's not broken!

I'm wondering though if I've marked up my sheet wrong and they are actually on version 16? Will need to check the actual cameras.

Cheers

The latest available version should be just as reliable along with other improvements. Would be a better choice to load the new firmware on all the GC's you have.

Cheers

ok, understand where you're coming from, there are further fixes in the newer versions which I'd say would be better to be using, that said though any version you want for whatever reason just message me and I'll give you links to download

Great cheers. I need to keep them the same for compliance with consistency and don't have the time to update the rest, so I'll just do this one vehicle and then when there's time I'll upgrade the whole fleet.

It also helps if there is an issue and they are all running the same firmware then i can check other cameras and potentially rule out certain aspects etc.

Cheers

Don't know if this belongs here but didn't want start a new thread..

First watch these videos.

I'm literally blown away by the video quality and the Git 1's ability to capture perfectly readable number plates on moving cars and the ones parked along the sides.

Why isn't the GC as capable while using the same hardware? These videos look a lot better than what I've seen online or captured with the GC.

Is this camera/firmware tuned differently? If it is, they've done a bloody good job!

Is it the Hoya CPL upto black magic? If it's the CPL, the current piece of layered glass needs to be completely rethought.

I feel this is a fair comparison because both cameras are using identical hardware and have equal access to resources towards firmware tweaking/development.

Last edited:
How does it perform in changing light conditions, in/out from trees etc? I know someone who would be very interested to see that!

that's a good point as the videos shown in that post are about as close to ideal conditions as you could hope for when capturing video, the different CPL will have some effect, I think the current CPL we have available is doing a good job in some respects but it has some negative impacts as well, that's something we're working on now also, hard to make comparisons when not filming side by side though all the same

Had to make an account just to say this, I'll get it filled in here shortly. Video quality, I'm happy with. As well as the mic improvements. The GPS however seems to have an acquiring/pickup issue though. On the previous firmware it was about 30 seconds. Pretty tolerable since I normally don't start moving for about that long. This version it seems on average I'm getting 1:45 before it picks up. Sometimes 15 seconds faster, sometimes 15 seconds later. As for file handling, I'm noticing missing sections. Normally only about 5 seconds but that's all it takes. The previous firmware for some reason would just stop recording after an hour for me. Discovered that while heading to Baltimore from Iowa. I missed some wonderful scenery :( . Random corruptions seem to occur. Pretty sure it's not my card as I've verified all the blocks in it, but I plan on checking it again just in case. Sorry for the text wall of a first post, but I couldn't find much feedback on this aside from the video and mic quality. All considered, much improved from last version. Keep up the great work. I look forward to what the future holds.

Video: Clear, Good lighting compensation
Audio: Good, clear, I need to fix the mount to stop it from vibrating so much
GPS: Oddly long pickup time, will fiddle with cables and configs. Yes, it's mounted upside down on window and the sensor has been flipped, may try reflipping and setting on dash for comparison. Will reset config and reflash as well.
File Handing: Better than previous version, seems to still have bugs, at least for me. Will verify card blocks.

file handling has never really been an issue, pretty much anytime it has come up it comes back to the memory card so you want to check that out, what card are you using?

also advise against using motion detect while driving, just in case you do have that turned on currently

power supply is the other thing that can cause stability issues, if it's the supplied one though that's not normally a problem

no changes in any recent firmware that would impact GPS cold start times, GPS startup time can vary dependant on environmental issues, how long since last used etc, doesn't hurt to double check you work though anyway

Using a Samsung Ultra Plus 128GB. Bought it from Best Buy. Motion detection is off. The power supply is the Cigarette lighter/Power port one that comes with the camera, gonna fiddle with how the power is configured, maybe hardwire it. I've seen the long gps times on both 8 hour and 20 minutes periods of non-use. I'll run the card through a full write and read back verify and fiddle with all the bits. Figured I'd make a note on everything I'm seeing.

make sure to format the card in the camera also, not a card I've ever used to know if any issue with that model, Transcend is our preferred brand

I have never had issues with the Samsungs elsewhere, but I'll pop the transcend that came with the camera in for a couple days as another test. The cards are always formatted in the camera. My computer doesn't produce a format that the camera likes for some reason, silly Windows. I'll let you know what happens. If i had to guess when, probably sometime next week.

I have never had issues with the Samsungs elsewhere, but I'll pop the transcend that came with the camera in for a couple days as another test. The cards are always formatted in the camera. My computer doesn't produce a format that the camera likes for some reason, silly Windows. I'll let you know what happens. If i had to guess when, probably sometime next week.

cards can be great cards in lots of devices, but not always the best choice for a dashcam, trying the Transcend is a good idea though

I've been noticing a rainbow effect in some of the videos shot with the new Beta using centre cut. CPL is on.

vlcsnap-2016-09-02-19h31m11s187.png

vlcsnap-2016-09-02-19h24m26s792.png

vlcsnap-2016-09-02-19h25m05s615.png

vlcsnap-2016-09-02-19h26m18s992.png

vlcsnap-2016-09-02-19h10m52s258.png

Back