SG9665GC firmware updates and pre release access

Thanks joking so the earlier one was V2 update 1 and the latest V2 update 2.

Correct.
32f3f304c108a07b56a3f1ffe1423078.jpg

@ jokiin & Pier 28 Thank you for your explanations . All clear now .:)

Hi Guys, back again. Just erased the Sd card on my mac . Extracted the bin file from latest update and placed on card . Put the card in the camera and turned it on with charger from wall power socket. Comes up with card error card full.Removed the card and checked has just the bin file on it tried again same results . What have I messed up ?

Thanks Pier 28. problem is now when the card shows full in the camera I can't get into menu to format it.

Yeah as @Pier28 mentioned format the card in camera and copy the bin file over to the card via the included card reader, if any problems just let us know

@ joking & Pier 28, great, worked a treat ( lesson learnt ) You guys are worth your weight in gold. Such quick replies ,just what a guy needs when he's panicking.

Thank you very much.:)

Great to know, makes me like the camera even more. Now to tackle the Daughters one. By the way she thinks it is a great camera too.

1) this should be good for those that blast music extra loud and prefer the music over the maximum tuned sensitivity of picking up conversations.
What exactly does this option do? Is it just a volume control or is there any smart modulation?

Last edited:
I can't get my unit to accept either of the available street ready firmware updates.

I have tried formatting the SD card (and yes, it is the one that came with the unit) both on my windows 10 machine and on the device itself, putting the .bin file on, inserting it into the Streetguardian and powering up. The SG goes straight to a normal boot up and starts recording. Every time I iterate this procedure I find fresh video files, so the device is seeing the SD card just fine.

I'm not too irritated, but I would like to eventually update my unit.

Firmware: SG20150305.002

Serial Number: SB150500020

Which I think matches the release notes:

For cameras serial numbers SB15xxxxx through to SGGCxxxxxxxx
Settings menu display version number SG20xxxxxx.002 and SG20xxxxxx.V1

Edited to add: again, I don't /need/ to update it right now, I just happened to have some free time today. From what I have read the street ready V2 has issues with grabbing the date and time from GPS, which is a feature I'd really like, so I'm probably just going to wait until a finalized version of that is out.

Still. I would like to know what, if anything, I'm stuffing up about the firmware update procedure. Seems bog standard simple.

Last edited:
You have original v1 hardware not v2 so the pre release firmware in this thread (original post) won't work. Once beta testing is complete on v2 units a new v1 firmware will be compiled.

In the mean time please see if the official v1 firmware will update for starters.
https://streetguardian.info/whats-new/SG9665GC-firmware/

You have original v1 hardware not v2 so the pre release firmware in this thread (original post) won't work. Once beta testing is complete on v2 units a new v1 firmware will be compiled.

In the mean time please see if the official v1 firmware will update for starters.
https://streetguardian.info/whats-new/SG9665GC-firmware/
Thanks I'll give that a try and check the What's New Page first, before the Support page.

is that compulsory to update the firmware if i want to upgrade my sdcard to 128gb?

have updated the first post with a newer beta with the following two changes

1.Add HIGH/MIDDLE/LOW menu options in the " Record Audio" submenu
2.Open and improve GPS sync time function

guess that will ask this here instead of creating another thread.

Curious on what will be the default time/date in the event that no gps signal is acquired?
let say your at basement 4 and by some kind of miracle the exit gate is not working and you are stuck for 20mins, let assume around that time that no gps signal are acquired.
will the date/time stamp will be 1900 00:00am ?

My concern here is that, if indeed that the date/time were reverted in 1900 00:00am, the 20mins being stuck at the basement parking will be the first to be deleted (not that being stuck is worthwhile saving).
Is this use-case seem viable?

Note: I'm still on the previous beta firmware, so I cannot confirm if this is the actual case.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R SG9665GC 1
Brent. SG9665GC 17
A SG9665GC 100
jokiin SG9665GC 24
jokiin SG9665GC 154
Back