SGDCHW for SG9663DC (3-wire hardwire kit to enable PARKING MODE function) Timed & Low Battery Discharge Prevention

your location would show, I was on mobile at the time though and couldn't see where you are, @Street Guardian USA has the hardwire kits in stock already, I wouldn't use a generic hardwire kit though, a lot of them are not up to scratch, if you don't want parking mode though you can hardwire using the included cig charger, the power supply is not in the cig plug so that can be removed for hardwiring purposes
oh really now? well that is interesting...so i can just cut the plug off an solder on to a fuse tap? i had no idea....

oh really now? well that is interesting...so i can just cut the plug off an solder on to a fuse tap? i had no idea....

that's why we make the power supply the way we do, so it can be used for hardwiring, the 5 volt converter is in the little black box that's about 18 inches from the cig plug

I received and installed the hardwire kit today. Thanks @Street Guardian USA for the prompt shipping.

I should mention that both the inner and outer envelopes got torn in transit somehow. One of the four fuses provided was missing, but it wasn't one of the ones I needed, so no harm done. Also, if there were any instructions or paperwork in there, they went missing, too. But it's a common-sense installation, so I probably wouldn't have read them anyway. ;) Everything else was there.

Installation was straightforward. I chose the door lock fuse for the battery lead and the cigarette lighter power outlet fuse for the accessory lead. Start-to-finish, about one hour, including the firmware update. Actually, removing the existing adapter wiring (which I'd nestled neatly under the dash) took almost as much time as installing the hardwire kit.

I do have one dumb question: How does one know whether it's safe to remove the SD card? Does the absence of any lit LEDs mean it's okay to remove the card?

Thanks,

Richard

I do have one dumb question: How does one know whether it's safe to remove the SD card? Does the absence of any lit LEDs mean it's okay to remove the card?

not a dumb question at all, yes once the lights are out it's off and you're safe to remove the card, you can turn it off manually by pressing and holding the power button but only when you key off and the camera is in parking mode, the power button is locked out while in normal recording mode

not a dumb question at all, yes once the lights are out it's off and you're safe to remove the card, you can turn it off manually by pressing and holding the power button but only when you key off and the camera is in parking mode, the power button is locked out while in normal recording mode

Okay, thanks. I'll check the card in a few days and see how many deer it caught.

Richard

If you find you got the wrong ones let us know and we’ll help you out.

Thanks for your scary-fast shipping. I received and installed the hardwire kit yesterday and it seems to be working fine. I'll check the card later today or some time this week to see what it caught. Most likely it will be deer and other wildlife where I live.

There were four fuse taps and (presumably) four fuses included in the package, two each of two different sizes. I don't know whether you did that because you caught my order before it was shipped, or if that's typical, but thanks either way. I needed the smaller ones, which I believe are Micro 2.

As I mentioned in the other thread, the USPS damaged the package in transit so that both the inner and outer envelopes were torn. One of the larger fuses and whatever instructions or other paperwork might have been in the package were missing; but it didn't make a difference because I needed the smaller taps and fuses, and because the installation is pretty straightforward for someone who has even a passing familiarity with wiring.

The car is a 2016 Kia Soul Base model. The fuses I chose to tap were the door lock fuse for the battery lead, and the power outlet tap for the accessory lead. They seemed like common-sense choices at the time and they worked out fine, but I'm thinking about moving the battery to a different fuse that won't prevent me from getting in the car if that lead happens to short out. I attached the ground to the fuse block mounting screw, which also appears to be the fuse block ground.

Thanks again.

Richard

I have my hardwire kit installed now. I don’t want to drop below 12.4V to keep the battery from deep cycling and can confirm at 1fps/12 hour I’m getting at least 4 hours without voltage cut. Going to play around with it more, interested too see how much time I can get at 12.4V cut.

Awesome product

FPS has no bearing on power draw correct?

Also, I know there’s no WiFi app specifically for it but has anyone tried any for iOS? Would be nice for testing purposes for me....ev, cpl, no cpl, etc.

FPS has no bearing on power draw correct?

Also, I know there’s no WiFi app specifically for it but has anyone tried any for iOS? Would be nice for testing purposes for me....ev, cpl, no cpl, etc.

no difference in power consumption

Novacam works with iOS, it's basic but will work

I have my hardwire kit installed now. I don’t want to drop below 12.4V to keep the battery from deep cycling and can confirm at 1fps/12 hour I’m getting at least 4 hours without voltage cut. Going to play around with it more, interested too see how much time I can get at 12.4V cut.

Awesome product

Oh, you have to set both the FPS and the shutdown delay to enable Parking Mode?

Richard

I had everything installed yesterday and everything seems to be running smoothly, but I do have one potentially dumb question - how do we know which low voltage cutoff point to use?

Usually it is recommended not to go below 12.0V.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Hello all. I installed this kit this afternoon and got the always-on and keyswitch-on add-a-circuits installed correctly.

I get the keyswitch power on and off and it's fine. The problem is the alwaysd-on does not work. I set the time lapse to 2fps. Anything else on the cam I need to change?

Some accessory switched circuits come back on when you open the door / engine off etc. also some circuits have added delays etc. test with doors closed etc. Re check wiring. Try other fuse taps.

Back