SGDCHW for SG9663DC (3-wire hardwire kit to enable PARKING MODE function) Timed & Low Battery Discharge Prevention

it will do that if permanent power is cut, suggest checking the circuit you have used for the yellow wire it may be timed or ECU controlled

I feel a silly fool. I had the two add-a-circuits swapped. Once I double-checked the colors I corrected them and now it works as advertised. Sorry but thank you for the suggestion.

Does it make sense to leave parking mode on with my current conditions?

Work Monday-Saturday, at work at 6:45am and leave at 3:30pm
Quality: High
Parking Monitor: 5FPS
Shutdown timer: 10 minutes
Auto Restart: 1 minute
Voltage cutoff at 12.4V

Thanks for any advice - I love the camera and it works perfectly but I'm ignorant about dash cams

Does it make sense to leave parking mode on with my current conditions?

Work Monday-Saturday, at work at 6:45am and leave at 3:30pm
Quality: High
Parking Monitor: 5FPS
Shutdown timer: 10 minutes
Auto Restart: 1 minute
Voltage cutoff at 12.4V

Thanks for any advice - I love the camera and it works perfectly but I'm ignorant about dash cams

that's fine, you can reduce it to 5 minutes if you prefer but really not a lot different

I already have mine wired through a Lukas monitor (as recommended on here), and then I pass it through a 12V->5V converter with a USB socket output. Then a standard USB cable to power the camera.
The socket/plug arrangement is presented in the glove box, so can be hard disconnected if required.
I currently run the camera in motion detect mode.

So:
1) Do you completely lose the motion detect option on the latest firmware?
2) How much space and power consumption do you save by using the parking mode of the HW kit?
3) How do you select the voltage or time cutoff settings on the HW kit? The Lukas uses some complicated button sequences, but I only see the one switch on the HW kit?

Trying to decide whether it is worth ripping out my (just completed) paid-for install in favour of the new solution!

Have you got a manual online for the HW kit?

Any figures for the power saving (if any) in the parking mode.

I assume the space reduction is just governed by the frame rate - eg 1fps uses 1/30th of 30fps?

Have you got a manual online for the HW kit?

Any figures for the power saving (if any) in the parking mode.

I assume the space reduction is just governed by the frame rate - eg 1fps uses 1/30th of 30fps?

Ok, scratch the second 2 questions, I just had a long read of the forum and found the answers

None and
1 Hr at 1fps = 3 mins at 30fps (although a quick calculation suggests 1.5 hrs edit: 0.75 hrs, forgot dual cameras!)

Could still do with an online copy of the install/instructions, though.

Last edited:
Also, can I add my name to the requests for other options on the parking mode timer. No time limit (ie keep recording until low voltage) would be REALLY good.

My wife's 'fun' car sits outside for a couple of days at a time, so we currently just use a low voltage cutoff when in our drive, but I'd rather have the low fps option of the later firmware (and the HW kit)

My 'fun' car sits in the garage, so I turn if off completely (Lukas switch) when there, but when parked outside, would want to leave it on all the time.

Also, can I add my name to the requests for other options on the parking mode timer. No time limit (ie keep recording until low voltage) would be REALLY good.

other options will come, we need to make sure everything is working correctly before enabling other settings

Installed the HWKit and set it for 5FPS and 1 hour cutoff and 12.2V yesterday. I locked the car at 8pm last night and expected to see no activity after 9pm on the SD card but when I checked this morning I see activity randomly all night.
Any idea what is causing it?

Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 09.58.23.png

Would I need a larger SD card than my current 128GB if I set my parking mode to a shutdown mode of 12 hours and 5fps?

Installed the HWKit and set it for 5FPS and 1 hour cutoff and 12.2V yesterday. I locked the car at 8pm last night and expected to see no activity after 9pm on the SD card but when I checked this morning I see activity randomly all night.
Any idea what is causing it?

did you start the car after installing the hardwire kit?

also if you're a Mac user make sure you format the card when you put it back in the camera

Back