SGDCHW for SG9663DC (3-wire hardwire kit to enable PARKING MODE function) Timed & Low Battery Discharge Prevention

Thank you for your reply, and yes I have carefully followed the installation procedure and all wires are correctly installed. I will check on the on screen icons.

Thank you for your reply, and yes I have carefully followed the installation procedure and all wires are correctly installed. I will check on the on screen icons.

Here is a video @niko posted a few pages back.

See upper right.
60f71a4390ecc6ca9023ce0fe0c1fb05.png

Last edited:

if everything looks ok there we can pretest a hardwire kit to ensure correct functionality and send it out to you, just let us know how you go

if everything looks ok there we can pretest a hardwire kit to ensure correct functionality and send it out to you, just let us know how you go
Thank you for your reply. I would prefer to work this out to its conclusion. I will have access to a few more of these soon so I will be able to objectively compare and find out where the problem needs to be addressed. I will let you know the results.

Does anyone have any example footage of how the parking mode works?

No as far as i know, footage like that have not surfaced yet.

No as far as i know, footage like that have not surfaced yet.
I was just curious to see how it looked before buying. I have plans to make a review video of the camera too and would review the parking feature.

I would assume the output footage look like time lapse footage, but could be interesting to see footage depicting the difference in the different FPS selections available, so filmed in a place with a lot of people walking.

I am inclined to think i would go with 5 FPS, but will have to experiment with this i recon.

I would assume the output footage look like time lapse footage, but could be interesting to see footage depicting the difference in the different FPS selections available, so filmed in a place with a lot of people walking.

I am inclined to think i would go with 5 FPS, but will have to experiment with this i recon.

Yea I think I would do 5FPS too since you could observe it better if you need to show it frame by frame. 5FPS I think would show more detail

Thank you for your reply. I would prefer to work this out to its conclusion. I will have access to a few more of these soon so I will be able to objectively compare and find out where the problem needs to be addressed. I will let you know the results.

Hello, I just got your private message, thanks for confirming everything has been resolved and is working normal. (no issue)

check fuse 10

Alternatively, get a multimeter and test out the fuses when the car is off to find the constant fuses (as opposed to the accessory/switch fuses):
Set multimeter to 20 (9-o-clock on this one): https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01ISAMUA6 (Budget pick)

Upgrade pick (7-o-clock on this one): https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00NWGZ4XC
COM = black probe connect and V is the red probe connect (see product photos for correct connecting). Connect black terminal to metal (door clamp), and the red probe to the fuse. You should be getting ~12V.

Next week my car is going to have the dual dash cam and hardwire kit installed by Blackbox. Is there anything I should do beforehand or note for the team doing the installation?

I received a shipping notice for my kit. Very quick service. Thanks.

I do hope I ordered the right one. My Kia Soul seems to have every fuse size ever created. I'm pretty sure the ones I'll be using are Micro 2 ATR, and I ordered the "Micro 2" set. It looks right in the picture. But if worse come to worst, I can always make jumpers with the correct taps and receptacles. It wouldn't be the first time.

Richard

I received a shipping notice for my kit. Very quick service. Thanks.

I do hope I ordered the right one. My Kia Soul seems to have every fuse size ever created. I'm pretty sure the ones I'll be using are Micro 2 ATR, and I ordered the "Micro 2" set. It looks right in the picture. But if worse come to worst, I can always make jumpers with the correct taps and receptacles. It wouldn't be the first time.

Richard
You should be fine my Forte and Optima both are Micro 2

Back