SGDCHW for SG9663DC (3-wire hardwire kit to enable PARKING MODE function) Timed & Low Battery Discharge Prevention

is this HW kit a necessity for parking mode? I plan to have a Cellink Neo battery connected via cig lighter plug and have the dash cams connected directly to the Neo.

what vehicle and which circuits did you tap for permanent and accessory power?

It's a 2016 Mazda 3 GX and the shop that did the hardwiring hardwired it to my #5 and #9 fuses, both 15A

#5: Accessory sockets fuse - permanent power
#9: No fuse protected component - accessory power

Below is the wiring that they did:
Fuse kit.jpg

I also pulled footage from Saturday (my timer was set to 12 hours and 5 fps) and footage from today (with my timer at 12 hours and 2 fps):

July 21.pngJuly 23.png

I should note that I left work at 2:51pm today. It looks like the camera runs until around 10am or 11am in parking mode, but then also begins taking full video before stopping later on in the day

Last edited:
1.31 is the latest beta

I applied the 1.31 firmware Saturday, but didn't use the car much until today. At 2fps I'm having no problems with the time-lapse other than that the files seem rather large at about 147 MB. But when I open and view them, they are indeed time-lapse (and rather amusing, I must say). I can live with that.

The saturation still seems a bit high, especially on the front camera. It's also slightly overexposed. That could be a function of having a black car with a lot of hood in the picture. I switched to the low-cut setting and stopped down the exposure by -1/3. I'll play with it for a while.

As I mentioned earlier, it's not horribly oversaturated. I just spend a lot of time editing videos and tend to notice things like that. It wasn't even worth grabbing and uploading the video. This is a very minor issue that most people probably wouldn't even notice. Call it the quest for perfection.

Richard

if you want to send any screenshots highlighting areas that can be improved always happy to look at them and see what we can do

I will the next time I have something to show you. I format the card every time I pull it from the camera, and I don't feel like doing a data-recovery job. (I should have just stuck a different card in there.)

Your commitment to excellence is appreciated.

Richard

I will the next time I have something to show you. I format the card every time I pull it from the camera, and I don't feel like doing a data-recovery job.

no need to recover but anytime you have something you want to offer some feedback on please let me know

Any other known issues aside from setting parking mode to 5fps? After switching from 5fps back to 2fps, my unit is no longer staying on for the 12 hour timeout option I have set. I hear the two beeps when turning the car off, but it seems it only records one 3 minute segment then turns off.

tempsnip.png

Any other known issues aside from setting parking mode to 5fps? After switching from 5fps back to 2fps, my unit is no longer staying on for the 12 hour timeout option I have set. I hear the two beeps when turning the car off, but it seems it only records one 3 minute segment then turns off.

what voltage setting are you using?

one three minute segment of timelapse could be an hours worth of video, did you check the file time?

one three minute segment of timelapse could be an hours worth of video, did you check the file time?

Using third tick from the left, so 12.2 I believe. Both clips started at at 07:26:29 and at at 07:28:02. When I previously had this set at 1fps, I had an entire days worth of footage.

When will the hardwire kit be available on other outlets, such as Amazon?

Is there an instruction manual for the HW kit somewhere? The package mine came in was mangled by the USPS and contained no paperwork whatsoever. If there's one posted online somewhere, I'd like to download it.

Honestly, I didn't even notice the voltage setting. That may become important when the weather gets cold. What's the factory default? Thanks.

Rich

View attachment 40391

All I can say is that when I set the FPS back to 2, I also scrolled through to confirm the shutdown delay, which was already at 12; but I hit the set button anyway. So far, so good as far as time-lapse is concerned.

Richard

Back