SGDCHW for SG9663DC (3-wire hardwire kit to enable PARKING MODE function) Timed & Low Battery Discharge Prevention

Thanks for the update, anything unusual please let me know so we can have a closer look
I decided to test something last night. I had the auto shutdown set to 5 minutes. I turned my car on so the camera will start up then turned it off. The camera went in parking mode and I held the power button down till it turned off. Today I went to check on the camera and it seems to have remained off. I am wondering if its a bug with the 12 hours. I have it set to 24 hours and powered off the camera with the power button. I will see if it turns back on again.

Also as a side note, the power button and menu button are starting to stick again. It's not as bad as what happened with the other camera but just thought I should let you know. I'm almost sure it is due to the heat. The other buttons are however fine.

I decided to test something last night. I had the auto shutdown set to 5 minutes. I turned my car on so the camera will start up then turned it off. The camera went in parking mode and I held the power button down till it turned off. Today I went to check on the camera and it seems to have remained off. I am wondering if its a bug with the 12 hours. I have it set to 24 hours and powered off the camera with the power button. I will see if it turns back on again.

Also as a side note, the power button and menu button are starting to stick again. It's not as bad as what happened with the other camera but just thought I should let you know. I'm almost sure it is due to the heat. The other buttons are however fine.

ok thanks for the update

ok thanks for the update

So tried the 24 hours and the camera did turn on. However, I noticed when it does power on itself it does not think the hardwire cable is plugged in. I would have to turn on and off the car for it to detect it again.

So tried the 24 hours and the camera did turn on. However, I noticed when it does power on itself it does not think the hardwire cable is plugged in. I would have to turn on and off the car for it to detect it again.

if it turns on (or you turn it on) when the acc is off the camera will behave like it does with a 2 wire power supply as that is all it can see, it can't detect the third wire when inactive

Installed my HW kit last night. Just checked today's footage and it seems to be switching perfectly between driving and parking mode every time.

The parking footage looks great, both front and rear. So far no problems for me.

My settings are 5fps, 6 hours, 12v.

Last night I switched the camera off whilst parked on my driveway and it didn't turn on by itself. The car wouldn't have been standing parked up for that long today, so can't verify whether it would have switched off after 6 hours and then magically back on sometime after that.

thanks, we are still working on tracing a bug that is affecting some people so if you do see any unusual behavior please let me know

Installed my HW kit last night. Just checked today's footage and it seems to be switching perfectly between driving and parking mode every time.

The parking footage looks great, both front and rear. So far no problems for me.

My settings are 5fps, 6 hours, 12v.

Last night I switched the camera off whilst parked on my driveway and it didn't turn on by itself. The car wouldn't have been standing parked up for that long today, so can't verify whether it would have switched off after 6 hours and then magically back on sometime after that.
thanks, we are still working on tracing a bug that is affecting some people so if you do see any unusual behavior please let me know

Hmm just wondering if it may be me then. I do have an unused open fuse slot for air suspension however my car does not have that feature so its open. I may try that fuse or another one that has constant power and see if that fixes the issue.

@jokiin Is it me that has only had this issue or other people too?

I installed the beta firmware on Saturday morning and drove around for a bit and decided that I would test the following conditions:
12 hour shutdown
Monday - 5fps
Tuesday - 2fps
Wednesday - 1fps

I took the card out today to take a look at the footage and found the following:

Saturday - No footage despite using my car.

Sunday - Despite being turned off in my garage, the camera activated at 3:30am and recorded full video until 6am. A couple of full videos were taken at 10am and 4pm later on in the day, but nothing else occurred.

Monday - 6:44 - 8:23 Parking mode, and then from 8:23 - 9:38 full video was recorded (despite being parked). At 2:36pm another full video was taken but none after that.

Tuesday - 6:48 - 8:46 Parking mode, 8:47 - 10:49 full video, 12pm, 1pm, and 2pm full video was recorded intermittently.

Wednesday - 6:49 - 10:49 Parking mode, 11:10 and 12:35 had a couple of full video clips, nothing else for the rest of the day.

I'm not sure what affect the latest firmware has, but I'm thinking of reverting back to the previous version as that version wouldn't have the camera activate when I manually turned it off.

I'm not sure what affect the latest firmware has, but I'm thinking of reverting back to the previous version as that version wouldn't have the camera activate when I manually turned it off.

what version were you running previously?

what size memory card are you using?

Ok thanks, you can try 1.31 also, if you see a problem in one version that's not in the other it might help us to identify the cause

Ok thanks, you can try 1.31 also, if you see a problem in one version that's not in the other it might help us to identify the cause

Where can I download v1.31? The release notes in 1.32 don't have a link

So I set my dash cam to record to 12 hrs 1fps in parking mode and then shut the unit off, around 9:20PM PDT. After 7 hours (coincidentally, my time setting is -7 PDT), at 4:20AM PDT, it began recording in normal mode on its own. I've attached images of when it started recording and the time I entered my vehicle to start the engine (the dash cam was still running in normal mode). I'm running firmware version 1.32.

Started at 4:20AM...Screenshot at 2018-08-01 22-48-27.png

Got into my vehicle to start the engine...
Screenshot at 2018-08-01 22-53-26.png

Back