SGDCHW for SG9663DC (3-wire hardwire kit to enable PARKING MODE function) Timed & Low Battery Discharge Prevention

there are parking related fixes but we do need more feedback so if you can install it would be appreciated
Yep just installed it I will see tomorrow when I get up if the camera is on. I think I may have forgotten to set the auto shutdown to 12 hours when I reset it a few days ago so that may be the reason why parking mode turned off.

Right now settings are 5 FPS to 12 Hours. I will say one thing I did notice was the camera did not sync the time when I put the GPS in. I just manually put in the time but thought I should let you guys know in case there is an issue.

Yep just installed it I will see tomorrow when I get up if the camera is on. I think I may have forgotten to set the auto shutdown to 12 hours when I reset it a few days ago so that may be the reason why parking mode turned off.

Right now settings are 5 FPS to 12 Hours. I will say one thing I did notice was the camera did not sync the time when I put the GPS in. I just manually put in the time but thought I should let you guys know in case there is an issue.

restart the camera and it should sync, it generally does it about 10 seconds after it starts recording

there are parking related fixes but we do need more feedback so if you can install it would be appreciated

So just went down to check the camera and looks like it turned it's self back on and was recording in the normal mode. Right now I have just been unplugging the camera when I park in my garage. Anything else I should try to see if I can fix the issue?

So just went down to check the camera and looks like it turned it's self back on and was recording in the normal mode. Right now I have just been unplugging the camera when I park in my garage. Anything else I should try to see if I can fix the issue?

when you say turned back on, what settings did you use, had it turned off/you turned it off, then it turned back on etc?

when you say turned back on, what settings did you use, had it turned off/you turned it off, then it turned back on etc?

Yes, so when I get in my garage I turn my car off. The camera goes in parking mode and makes a 2 beep sound. I then press and hold the power button until the recording light and screen go off. So far all my settings are default except parking mode is at 5 FPS and 12 hours.

Anything else I should try to see if I can fix the issue?

we're looking at the manual power off process now, something you could try for me if you don't mind

when you're going to park at home before you turn the car off can you go into the menu and set the shutdown timer to 5 minutes, exit back to start normal recording again before turning the car off, let it run for the 5 minutes and shutdown by itself and see if it powers up again while the car is off

we're looking at the manual power off process now, something you could try for me if you don't mind

when you're going to park at home before you turn the car off can you go into the menu and set the shutdown timer to 5 minutes, exit back to start normal recording again before turning the car off, let it run for the 5 minutes and shutdown by itself and see if it powers up again while the car is off

Will do, I just put the settings in now. I will let you know what happens.

So just tried it and looks like it went in time-lapse mode for 3 minutes and then stopped. Then 2 minutes later it started to record in normal mode. This all happened while the car was off

So just tried it and looks like it went in time-lapse mode for 3 minutes and then stopped. Then 2 minutes later it started to record in normal mode. This all happened while the car was off

this was at the 5 min shutdown 5fps setting?

also what loop setting are you using?

Last edited:
this was at the 5 min shutdown 5fps setting?

also what loop setting are you using?

Yep, and the loop is 3 minutes. However, I tried the same thing you said again and waited in the car for the first 5 minutes and the camera seemed to have turned off after 5 minutes. So far its been staying off for a few hours now.

Settings now:
5FPS
5 Hour auto shutdown
3 Minute clips

Before
5FPS
12 Hour auto shutdown
3 Minute clips

Yep, and the loop is 3 minutes. However, I tried the same thing you said again and waited in the car for the first 5 minutes and the camera seemed to have turned off after 5 minutes. So far its been staying off for a few hours now.

Settings now:
5FPS
5 Hour auto shutdown
3 Minute clips

Before
5FPS
12 Hour auto shutdown
3 Minute clips

ok thanks, we're still working on it, can you please keep me updated on any errors you find

I tried parking mode with a 12 hour shutdown and 1FPS and had the following results:

July 24.pngJuly 26 1 fps.png

I'm not sure why parking mode didn't kick in on July 24th, but more concerning is that full video was being taken for about an hour and a half. I haven't downloaded the most recent beta

ok thanks, we're still working on it, can you please keep me updated on any errors you find
Alright well got some good news I think lol. So far with the shutdown timer set to 5 minutes, the camera seems to stay off. I am guessing the bug is with powering off the camera with the power button. Before I leave I do put it back to 12 hours so it will record while parked but return it to 5 when I park in my garage

Back