SGDCHW for SG9663DC (3-wire hardwire kit to enable PARKING MODE function) Timed & Low Battery Discharge Prevention

FYI I'm currently set to GMT + 1 and mine doesn't switch on after 1 hour
I think we probably need to take a closer look at the time difference involved in any power off/power on as there may be a relationship, finding any pattern to a problem often goes a long way toward finding the root cause

I think we probably need to take a closer look at the time difference involved in any power off/power on as there may be a relationship, finding any pattern to a problem often goes a long way toward finding the root cause

If it helps I had my GMT was set at 0

I'm going to try to test again to see if I can replicate the conditions. I'll report back if I find anything.

I also got another thing to report. It seems like my camera stops recording while parked. I noticed this when I got back to my car and see its not recording. When I go to turn on the car it won't turn on either. I will have to unplug it for a second or two and plug it back in for it to boot up.

Can you send me a screenshot of the file view and mark when you stopped and started on it along with the details of the settings you're using?

Can you send me a screenshot of the file view and mark when you stopped and started on it along with the details of the settings you're using?
Actually reviewing the footage it seems like the camera exited time-lapse mode 2 minutes after I parked :/ Here are the screenshots:

Still Issues.PNG

Still Issues 2.PNG

What I highlighted in yellow was when I started the car. The Redline is all normal clips and the blue line is the only 1 clip that did time lapse. The black line is video files I can't open. Seems like it just stops recording/working for 10-15 min before it returns to normal mode. As you can see the time gap between the files as it only recorded 2 minutes of timelapse.

Same setting as before 5FPS 12 Hours. Also noticed today I set it back to 5 min shutdown and came back to find it was on in normal mode. The camera recorded time lapse for 2 min again before going into normal mode and staying on.

I installed v1.31 and went with 12 hour shutdown timer and 5 fps on Thursday, 2 fps on Friday, and 1 fps Saturday. I should note that I'm in the Pacific Time Zone and currently GMT -7. My results were as follows:

Thursday - 5 fps:

Parking mode initiated at 6:47am, lasted until 10:35am

Friday - 2 fps:

Parking mode initiated at 6:48am, lasted until 1:48pm

Saturday - 1 fps:

Parking mode initiated at 6:49am. Parking mode behaved normally until 10:50am when I went to go get some food. When I came back and parked at 11:00am, parking mode initiated for 2 minutes, and then full recording started to take place at 11:17am and lasted until 1:22pm. No further recording, full or parking, took place until I left work

2 fps seems the most stable on v1.31, so I'll stick with that until a permanent fix comes out

I installed v1.31 and went with 12 hour shutdown timer and 5 fps on Thursday, 2 fps on Friday, and 1 fps Saturday. I should note that I'm in the Pacific Time Zone and currently GMT -7. My results were as follows:

Thursday - 5 fps:

Parking mode initiated at 6:47am, lasted until 10:35am

Friday - 2 fps:

Parking mode initiated at 6:48am, lasted until 1:48pm

Saturday - 1 fps:

Parking mode initiated at 6:49am. Parking mode behaved normally until 10:50am when I went to go get some food. When I came back and parked at 11:00am, parking mode initiated for 2 minutes, and then full recording started to take place at 11:17am and lasted until 1:22pm. No further recording, full or parking, took place until I left work

2 fps seems the most stable on v1.31, so I'll stick with that until a permanent fix comes out

thanks for the feedback, I'm not sure the different frame rate is related to the problem but will give this feedback to the engineers anyway and see what they think

My cutoff is set to 12.4V

ok thanks, from your pattern it would like like the power is what cut it off each day, the problem with switching modes on Saturday is still wrong though, the engineers were able to experience the mode switching like that already and that's something they're working on right now

ok thanks, from your pattern it would like like the power is what cut it off each day, the problem with switching modes on Saturday is still wrong though, the engineers were able to experience the mode switching like that already and that's something they're working on right now

What voltage cutoff is recommended to try and get parking mode coverage for approximately 8 hours?

What voltage cutoff is recommended to try and get parking mode coverage for approximately 8 hours?

that's totally dependent on the vehicle and what size battery you have and it's condition, you could try it at 12.2v and see how long you get, I tend to prefer to start high and work lower if you find you need longer

Back