SGDCHW for SG9663DC (3-wire hardwire kit to enable PARKING MODE function) Timed & Low Battery Discharge Prevention

have forwarded these to the engineer just now, they did find this same problem with it switching modes and are working on that now
Sweet can't wait for the next version :)

Were they also able to find the auto random power up when parked?

Thanks

What voltage cutoff

I would just work my way down from the 12.4 you already tried, and be mindful that if you need to go much lover than that then you might want to take a look at your car battery before winter set in.

What is the default voltage setting on the HW kit as shipped?

Richard

My car was left on my driveway for all of Saturday and glad to say it didn't switch on at all by itself after I had manually shut it down on Friday night. I'm currently set to 12v, but may up it to 12.4v to see how many hours out of 6 I get before the battery cuts out.

My car was left on my driveway for all of Saturday and glad to say it didn't switch on at all by itself after I had manually shut it down on Friday night. I'm currently set to 12v, but may up it to 12.4v to see how many hours out of 6 I get before the battery cuts out.

engineers are testing a fix now, as soon as I have any further update will post accordingly

So an update from me - I changed my voltage from 12v to 12.4v (no other settings) sometime yesterday and I've just checked the footage now. It has made everything go a bit haywire!
My wife mainly drives the car....
  1. She arrived at work at 9:04am this morning and it successfully switched to parking mode.
  2. At 10:39am it decides to come out of parking mode and into normal recording.
  3. At 12:52pm she gets back in the car and turns on the ignition - at this point it is still recording in normal mode, despite being parked up. It cuts the file as if switching from parking to normal mode and starts a new file with ignition on.
  4. At 1:11pm she arrives home and upon ignition off successfully switches to parking mode until 1:29pm. The next file starts at 1:44pm and is a normal mode clip, despite the car being parked up. That means there is 16 minutes missing in between the parking mode ending and normal mode starting incorrectly.
I could go on and examine more of the footage, but I think that gives you a decent idea of the crazy happenings of the cameras (and our lives lol). Needless to say, I'm going to switch it back down to 12v and see if that sorts things out. I'll examine the footage again tomorrow, all being well!

Forgot to ask....is it normal for there to be roughly 10 seconds missing in between switching from parking back to normal??

I don't know that the voltage setting will make a difference but let me know what you find when you change it back, we're just testing a new firmware now

I don't know that the voltage setting will make a difference but let me know what you find when you change it back, we're just testing a new firmware now
That's what perplexed me. I assumed that would be completely independent of everything else, but it's gone from working 100% perfectly on 12v to all over the show on 12.4v. I've just switched it back to 12v, so let's see what happens tomorrow!

That's what perplexed me. I assumed that would be completely independent of everything else, but it's gone from working 100% perfectly on 12v to all over the show on 12.4v. I've just switched it back to 12v, so let's see what happens tomorrow!

ok thanks, once you've given that a try let me know and if we haven't found any issues with the new test firmware I'll send you a copy

ok thanks, once you've given that a try let me know and if we haven't found any issues with the new test firmware I'll send you a copy
Just thought I should share something also. So I found out if I stop the recording when the camera is in parking mode and then power off the camera it stays off. So far the past 2 days I have been doing that and the camera seems to not turn it's self back on :D

Also with the parking mode going into normal recording, it seems to stop at the same time with gaps in between the timelapse to normal. As those screenshots, I posted earlier when the camera just stopped recording around 11:35 AM the same thing happened at the same time a few days later. Also, I am using the 12V setting on my HW kit. If possible to I would be interested in testing the new firmware.

Also with the parking mode going into normal recording, it seems to stop at the same time with gaps in between the timelapse to normal. As those screenshots, I posted earlier when the camera just stopped recording around 11:35 AM the same thing happened at the same time a few days later. .

not clear what you're saying here, can you clarify?

I'll message you a link to the firmware

not clear what you're saying here, can you clarify?

I'll message you a link to the firmware
If you look at post #311 you can see all those clips happen on the 4th. On the 6th I had the same exact thing happen. Same time and everything just a different day.

let me know how you go with the firmware I've just sent

Just thought I should share something also. So I found out if I stop the recording when the camera is in parking mode and then power off the camera it stays off. So far the past 2 days I have been doing that and the camera seems to not turn it's self back on :D

were you just pressing and holding without stopping the recording before?

No before I use to press and hold the power button. I recalled me trying to do it with the recording stopped before however it still turned on. What I did was stop the recording, let it to beep for a few seconds then hold the power button down until everything powered off.

And thanks I will go give it a try :D

Just gave it a try and still, the same issue occurs

you mean the same occurs when you just press and hold without pausing recording first or something else?
No same issue as the camera only records 1 time-lapse clip before cutting out and then going into normal mode minutes later.

Haven't tried the power off feature yet. Just got cool clips on the cam of a lightning storm so downloading them right now. After that, I will try powering the cam off with just the power button and will see if it's on in the morning.

No same issue as the camera only records 1 time-lapse clip before cutting out and then going into normal mode minutes later.

had you changed any settings, anything else you were doing?

just want to understand the exact usage so we can try and replicate, you mean you key off, it goes into timelapse mode and starts recording and then a few minutes later just changes to normal recording mode?

Back