SGDCHW for SG9663DC (3-wire hardwire kit to enable PARKING MODE function) Timed & Low Battery Discharge Prevention

had you changed any settings, anything else you were doing?

just want to understand the exact usage so we can try and replicate, you mean you key off, it goes into timelapse mode and starts recording and then a few minutes later just changes to normal recording mode?
I had it at 12 Hours and 1 FPS (Forgot to change it to 5 when I reset everything for the beta). Everything else was at default. Yes, when I turn the car off it records time-lapse for 2 minutes before just stopping and not doing anything for a few minutes before going into normal mode.

Here is a photo of the files, you can see it recorded only one clip of timelapse.

Camera Issue.PNG

what is the make and model of your vehicle and what fuses have you used for permanent and accessory power?

It's an LS400. Fuses are Front cig for power when the car is on and Power door for constant power. I got some of the info on the car with images of the fuses in this post https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/camera-will-turn-on-30-minutes-later.35251/

the symptoms you have are more like a problem with the permanent feed power cycling, cars with a lot of computer gear in them can be funny like that, the LS400 was way ahead of its time so there may be something in that, I'll check with our installer in the morning and see what he knows about them, I'll get back to you about this

the symptoms you have are more like a problem with the permanent feed power cycling, cars with a lot of computer gear in them can be funny like that, the LS400 was way ahead of its time so there may be something in that, I'll check with our installer in the morning and see what he knows about them, I'll get back to you about this

Okay thanks, There is also an empty fuse for the air suspension since mine does not have that. I am unsure but I think that too had power always on. I did try asking on the Lexus forums, however, got no response. Let me know what your tech thinks is a good fuse to use :)

Okay thanks, There is also an empty fuse for the air suspension since mine does not have that. I am unsure but I think that too had power always on. I did try asking on the Lexus forums, however, got no response. Let me know what your tech thinks is a good fuse to use :)

no problem, what year model is your LS400, I think they're all the same anyway but just in case there are some differences it's probably helpful to know

no problem, what year model is your LS400, I think they're all the same anyway but just in case there are some differences it's probably helpful to know
Its a 1996

thanks, been a while since I've seen one of those, nice car though
Yep I love it lol, those cars keep running and for its age and miles it has been really reliable. Only big expense is the gas lol

Just thought I should share something also. So I found out if I stop the recording when the camera is in parking mode and then power off the camera it stays off. So far the past 2 days I have been doing that and the camera seems to not turn it's self back on :D

This is what I do every night - I turn the car off, wait for it to switch to parking mode, press the record button to stop recording (wait for the beeps) and then hold down the power button to switch off. It has never turned itself back on in the middle of the night and starts up as normal the next morning.

Also with the parking mode going into normal recording, it seems to stop at the same time with gaps in between the timelapse to normal.
I think this is what I added onto the end of my earlier post about my issues, Rick - you had already replied to it, so probably didn't see it! I noticed that there seems to be roughly 10 seconds missing in between switching from parking back to normal. Should this be happening?

I worked for a Lexus authorised repair centre when these were new, always liked them

I spoke with my install technician just now and before I finished explaining what I wanted him to check he already thought the door lock circuit was going to be a problem, he's going to check it out in the morning

This is what I do every night - I turn the car off, wait for it to switch to parking mode, press the record button to stop recording (wait for the beeps) and then hold down the power button to switch off. It has never turned itself back on in the middle of the night and starts up as normal the next morning.

I think this is what I added onto the end of my earlier post about my issues, Rick - you had already replied to it, so probably didn't see it! I noticed that there seems to be roughly 10 seconds missing in between switching from parking back to normal. Should this be happening?

Yep looks like stopping the recording seems to turn it off without it turning back on.

My clips are cutting out for 20min to 1 hour and going into normal mode. Is your cam too dropping out of time lapse mode?

I worked for a Lexus authorised repair centre when these were new, always liked them

I spoke with my install technician just now and before I finished explaining what I wanted him to check he already thought the door lock circuit was going to be a problem, he's going to check it out in the morning

Yea what sold me on the car was when I was reading online about it multiple people reported of getting 300K plus miles and all they do is normal maintenance. Reading online the motor is one of the most reliable ones out there.

Okay, thank's maybe that is the issue too on why the camera does weird things when parked such as turning on.

Yep looks like stopping the recording seems to turn it off without it turning back on.
My clips are cutting out for 20min to 1 hour and going into normal mode. Is your cam too dropping out of time lapse mode?
Only when I had it set to 12.4v. When I had it set to 12v everything was working exactly as expected. So I've put it back to 12v now to see how it gets on today.

Yea what sold me on the car was when I was reading online about it multiple people reported of getting 300K plus miles and all they do is normal maintenance. Reading online the motor is one of the most reliable ones out there.

yep they're over engineered, very solid cars

Its damn rare you see a lexus on the road here, let alone with Danish plates on it.
It seem like at that price range Danes go for German cars

Could someone explain to me in a little more detail how parking mode works. Does recording via parking mode only occur when there is a trigger like motion or a g-event? Or does it just record in time lapse for continuously until one of the safety settings is hit?

Thanks. Are there any future plans for adding triggered base recording? For example if my car is parked for 3 days on a quiet street, there would not be any footage of an incident.
@jokiin would be the one to answer this, but I wonder how your car battery would hold up recording for that long?
Rick, maybe you can answer this question - will you be building in any functionality so that if your car is parked for 6 hours and someone knocks into it at some point during that 6 hours, instead of having to sift through potentially hours worth of timelapse footage, when the g-sensor recognises the hit it will lock that file and put it in another folder? Does it do that already? I fortunately have not had the opportunity to test that!

Back