SGDCHW for SG9663DC (3-wire hardwire kit to enable PARKING MODE function) Timed & Low Battery Discharge Prevention

ok, I'm not clear on how that altered how it recorded when parked though
Not sure how that stuff really works, other than supplying power. I originally tried beta 1.32 with G-Sensor off, but was still getting full video recordings overnight. I upgraded to 1.33, applied default settings, and let my car sit while at work on Friday. First test I had parking mode set to 5 fps, but noticed it shut off as I mentioned earlier. Setting to 2 fps originally recorded full video, so I tried cutting power entirely to hardwire kit and dashcam by unplugging/replugging the fuses. Since then I've seen normal behavior with current setup.

Using v1.31 since I thought it was the most stable on 2fps from a previous test, I pulled up footage for this week and I only have footage from yesterday and today since the card is full. Ends up the camera has only been taking parking mode footage for a couple of hours (if that) and then switches to full recording, so I have hours of full recordings for Friday and Saturday despite being parked. I'm not sure what's going on but I'm not all that jazzed about having my camera taking full recordings and I can't trust that the voltage cutoff is working properly so I'm going to disable parking mode until something is sorted

You should format the card in-cam any time you upgrade or downgrade firmware. One of the recent versions made a file handling / structure change. Best practice to format after any firmware update regardless though.

Using v1.31 since I thought it was the most stable on 2fps from a previous test, I pulled up footage for this week and I only have footage from yesterday and today since the card is full. Ends up the camera has only been taking parking mode footage for a couple of hours (if that) and then switches to full recording, so I have hours of full recordings for Friday and Saturday despite being parked. I'm not sure what's going on but I'm not all that jazzed about having my camera taking full recordings and I can't trust that the voltage cutoff is working properly so I'm going to disable parking mode until something is sorted

the voltage cutoff we've never had an issue with, main problem when it does this is that you use up more memory space which is not ideal, we do need the feedback but if you want to hang off using parking mode while we get it sorted that's completely understandable, connect both wires to ACC circuits and it will only run while driving and easy enough to convert back once it's sorted, or anytime you want to test again, our other projects are on hold while the engineers get this sorted

Just got the new hard-wire kit today, will install it tomorrow and test it out. Should I try it with Firmware 1.33?

Just got the new hard-wire kit today, will install it tomorrow and test it out. Should I try it with Firmware 1.33?

yes it wouldn't hurt to try with the latest version, let me know how things go, I'm sure there's still some bugs we're working on but you were having some different issues which was making things harder to troubleshoot

yes it wouldn't hurt to try with the latest version, let me know how things go, I'm sure there's still some bugs we're working on but you were having some different issues which was making things harder to troubleshoot

Yea I am thinking if all the issues I had were from the HW kit. It can explain why parking mode kept cutting into normal mode. Also could explain why the camera would power back up. I will first keep it in parking mode a bit just to make sure it stays in time lapse then I will power it off by stopping the recording, waiting for a few beeps, and seeing if it turns on later in the day.

Not sure how that stuff really works, other than supplying power. I originally tried beta 1.32 with G-Sensor off, but was still getting full video recordings overnight. I upgraded to 1.33, applied default settings, and let my car sit while at work on Friday. First test I had parking mode set to 5 fps, but noticed it shut off as I mentioned earlier. Setting to 2 fps originally recorded full video, so I tried cutting power entirely to hardwire kit and dashcam by unplugging/replugging the fuses. Since then I've seen normal behavior with current setup.

Wouldn't unplugging the power cord from the camera be easier?

Richard

thanks, all feedback is helpful

Well, I just tested out everything and seems like the same issue is occurring however it only occurs when I have it plugged into the camera. If I leave it unplugged the light in the HW kit will remain on. I tested it out with my G1WH to make sure the camera was not causing the issue and had the same results. I don't know what could be the issue at this point. I put a multimeter on the fuse to see if it powers off but continues to show 12.7v. I know my battery is charged since I have been driving around with the 12v power supply.

At this point, I don't know what's up since the first few days of having the first camera parking mode worked fine. The only issue was it would turn on when I manually turned it off. A few days later I noticed it would drop out of parking mode, then the buttons melted/jammed and got the replacement. I don't think the camera is the issue though.

Any idea's?

Also, I am not sure if this is just with the beta firmware but my date keeps going to 01/01/2018 and I need to keep changing it.

Well, I just tested out everything and seems like the same issue is occurring however it only occurs when I have it plugged into the camera. If I leave it unplugged the light in the HW kit will remain on. I tested it out with my G1WH to make sure the camera was not causing the issue and had the same results. I don't know what could be the issue at this point. I put a multimeter on the fuse to see if it powers off but continues to show 12.7v. I know my battery is charged since I have been driving around with the 12v power supply.

At this point, I don't know what's up since the first few days of having the first camera parking mode worked fine. The only issue was it would turn on when I manually turned it off. A few days later I noticed it would drop out of parking mode, then the buttons melted/jammed and got the replacement. I don't think the camera is the issue though.

Any idea's?

Also, I am not sure if this is just with the beta firmware but my date keeps going to 01/01/2018 and I need to keep changing it.

I'm not sure what's going on, I've asked the engineers about the date resetting also, waiting for their feedback about that, can you run the camera with the cig cable for a few days and see how it behaves, might help to determine if it's something in the ACC input to the camera that is a problem

I'm not sure what's going on, I've asked the engineers about the date resetting also, waiting for their feedback about that, can you run the camera with the cig cable for a few days and see how it behaves, might help to determine if it's something in the ACC input to the camera that is a problem

Yep I can, the only thing that makes me think it's not the camera is because I plugged my G1WH into the HW kit when parked and it powered on, however, sometime later the HW kit light went out and it too powered off.

If you want I can try that other test too real quick by running the HW kit on just the battery fuse and see if it powers off while driving?

can give that a go if it's not too much hassle
Just gave it a go and it did power off while driving. Is it possible it could be a grounding issue? If so why does it not turn off when I have both plugged in?

Just gave it a go and it did power off while driving. Is it possible it could be a grounding issue? If so why does it not turn off when I have both plugged in?

ground issue is a possibility, I'm just waiting for a reply from the engineer about it, will update you once I hear back from him

ground issue is a possibility, I'm just waiting for a reply from the engineer about it, will update you once I hear back from him
So just an update I am starting to think the issue is with my car battery. I'm a bit shocked because its not old but we had a hot summer. I am going to put in a new battery tomorrow and see how it goes. Only thing I find odd is that the camera turned off when the HW kit had only the battery cable plugged in an ACC fuse with the car running.

Back