SGDCHW for SG9663DC (3-wire hardwire kit to enable PARKING MODE function) Timed & Low Battery Discharge Prevention

So just an update I am starting to think the issue is with my car battery. I'm a bit shocked because its not old but we had a hot summer. I am going to put in a new battery tomorrow and see how it goes. Only thing I find odd is that the camera turned off when the HW kit had only the battery cable plugged in an ACC fuse with the car running.
let me know how it goes, I did have another user that mentioned it had problems and he found it improved when he changed the battery, could be unrelated but you never know

let me know how it goes, I did have another user that mentioned it had problems and he found it improved when he changed the battery, could be unrelated but you never know
Yea today I had to get my car jumped. She starts fine warm but needs to be jumped when cold. Just wondering was it similar issues I have been experiencing?

Yea today I had to get my car jumped. She starts fine warm but needs to be jumped when cold. Just wondering was it similar issues I have been experiencing?
sounds like battery is stuffed. i remember back around 15 years ago i bought 2 new batteries, same type for me and my mate, they lasted 2 months before they both packed it in around the same time, must have been a faulty batch.

Here you can get some really suspicious cheap car batteries, i would not go for one of those.
On my Yamaha quad ( the 660 CCM raptor ) the factory battery died pretty fast too after a couple of years, and it was not like i was driving it all the time / every weekend.
When it come to car batteries i have only tried to change one once, and that was my Opel Kaddett GT which i was #2 owner on and got it when it was 5 years old.
Put one new engine room battery in it and 2 batteries in the back along with capacitors and subwoofers / AMP's and then that boot was full and the car a few 100 Kg heavier.
My Mitsubishi L200 pickup had 2 batteries, one for starting and one for ACC stuff i assume, but i never changed any of them though the Audio in that car was also above normal in wattage.

it was similar yes

Well just did some driving today and unfortunately, the same issue is still occurring. So I am guessing the battery is not the main cause. Any ideas?

sounds like battery is stuffed. i remember back around 15 years ago i bought 2 new batteries, same type for me and my mate, they lasted 2 months before they both packed it in around the same time, must have been a faulty batch.
Here you can get some really suspicious cheap car batteries, i would not go for one of those.
On my Yamaha quad ( the 660 CCM raptor ) the factory battery died pretty fast too after a couple of years, and it was not like i was driving it all the time / every weekend.
When it come to car batteries i have only tried to change one once, and that was my Opel Kaddett GT which i was #2 owner on and got it when it was 5 years old.
Put one new engine room battery in it and 2 batteries in the back along with capacitors and subwoofers / AMP's and then that boot was full and the car a few 100 Kg heavier.
My Mitsubishi L200 pickup had 2 batteries, one for starting and one for ACC stuff i assume, but i never changed any of them though the Audio in that car was also above normal in wattage.

Usually, a lot of car batteries die from the heat we get here. The good thing was the battery was still under warranty! :D

Well just did some driving today and unfortunately, the same issue is still occurring. So I am guessing the battery is not the main cause. Any ideas?

something else still amiss, I'd probably suggest just using it on an ignition switched circuit for the moment until we get this sorted out

something else still amiss, I'd probably suggest just using it on an ignition switched circuit for the moment until we get this sorted out
Okay, I will probably use the 12v cig cable. Think it is a hardware issue or something with the firmware?

Okay, I will probably use the 12v cig cable.

you could plug both fuse taps to acc fuses if you don't want to move the cable. would work the same as using the cig cable

Think it is a hardware issue or something with the firmware?

we're looking at both

Since my last post, I put v1.32 on my card, formatted it in the camera, and I've turned off the camera when I park. I usually check my footage every Saturday and wasn't expecting a whole lot since I've been turning my camera off when parked.
However, the camera has been turning on by itself as I have full video the entire day I was parked on Thursday August 16th (this is as far back as I have on the card).
I ran some errands on Friday and parking mode worked fine (and didn't activate when it shouldn't have), but on Saturday I was parked for an extended period of time and parking mode kicked in for 1 minute before reverting to full video recording for the rest of the time I was away.

Turning the camera off manually is proving to be an issue at the moment, working on that as a priority and hope to have some news about it soon

I'm not too familiar with messing with my fusebox, so could a workaround to manually shutting off the camera be to simply eject the SD card?

I'm not too familiar with messing with my fusebox, so could a workaround to manually shutting off the camera be to simply eject the SD card?

if it did start up with no card in the camera it would beep for a minute (or whatever the auto restart timer is set to) and would then power off rather than restarting, if you don't have the auto restart set it would just keep beeping

Since my last post, I put v1.32 on my card, formatted it in the camera, and I've turned off the camera when I park. I usually check my footage every Saturday and wasn't expecting a whole lot since I've been turning my camera off when parked.
However, the camera has been turning on by itself as I have full video the entire day I was parked on Thursday August 16th (this is as far back as I have on the card).
I ran some errands on Friday and parking mode worked fine (and didn't activate when it shouldn't have), but on Saturday I was parked for an extended period of time and parking mode kicked in for 1 minute before reverting to full video recording for the rest of the time I was away.

Yea same thing when I park. I found if when the camera goes in parking mode and you stop the recording and let it beep a few times then press and hold the power the camera will stay off and not turn back on. I tried this 3 or 4 times and so far worked however haven't been able to really mess around with it since parking mode keeps cutting out 1-2 minutes after I turn off the car.

Figured it'd be preferable to eject the SD card than to cause wear and tear on the power cord & socket by unplugging it every time I park
Except it is too fiddly for my liking; 50% of the time the card will slip from my nails and bounce on to the floor.

Except it is too fiddly for my liking; 50% of the time the card will slip from my nails and bounce on to the floor.

I don't know if there's any negatives to doing this but I just eject the SD card and leave it in the dashcam

Yea same thing when I park. I found if when the camera goes in parking mode and you stop the recording and let it beep a few times then press and hold the power the camera will stay off and not turn back on. I tried this 3 or 4 times and so far worked however haven't been able to really mess around with it since parking mode keeps cutting out 1-2 minutes after I turn off the car.

I used to do that but found out it was recording hours after I left the car so I've been looking at different solutions

I used to do that but found out it was recording hours after I left the car so I've been looking at different solutions

we're just testing an updated firmware now, will share that soon with anyone that is having this issue just as soon as we go through the basics and make sure it's ok

Back