SGDCHW for SG9663DC (3-wire hardwire kit to enable PARKING MODE function) Timed & Low Battery Discharge Prevention

winter4w, I have attached the specs for the Cellink Neo. Where I am we have great variability in temps from high 90's F in the summer to -20+F in winter (based upon feedback from others on this site, the bigger risk seems to be with charging when the Neo is below freezing). I mounted mine under the front seat using the included Velcro strips. I determined this to be the coolest location (i.e. low on the floor, gets hit with AC air during driving and not in direct sunlight). I ordered the Neo with the 3-wire unspliced option (BAT, ACC and GND) which is an exact match for the 3 wires in the SGDCHW kit. If you were to go this route, I would likely use a fuse tap to to the #4 fuse (Front Fog Lamps) as it is a 15 amp circuit and it should only be hot with the ignition on (the Neo only has two wires for attaching to your car, one for GND and the other ACC). Since the Neo only draws a max of 9 amps, as long as you rarely use the fogs it would be the ideal circuit, IMO. In the Cellink app pic 25C is 77F, my car sits in a garage attached to my house so that is the approximate ambient temp in my car. I'm very pleased with the Neo, with the 2 camera SG9663DC set-up it should provide output for approx 25+ hours. I will take a screen grab while the car is running and also when I turn it off so that you can see the app info during the charge and discharge states.

On another cautionary point I would be hesitant to use the cigarette lighter (#11) for any device as it is also the circuit for the air bag system, not sure how that got certified!!!

How did you hook it up to the SG9663DC? Would I need to cut the ends off and clamp them to the Neo? And yea I use fuse 10 right now for ACC since it does not interfere with the SRS airbags. Also would the hardwire kit power off the camera when the Neo gets low?

A couple of us talked about doing it in another thread (https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/going-to-try-cellink-neo-sg9663dc-and-the-hardwire-kit.35056/), but hooking up the Neo to the SG9663DC hardwire kit is relatively simple (if you have the wire crimps): you just get the unspliced Neo kit, and then splice the wires to the hardwire kit wires.

Interesting, I wonder if they will make an unspliced hardwire kit for the battery?

What I may do to test the fuses under the hood is to unplug everything, and wire the camera up under the hood and start and stop the car and see if parking mode remains on. If it does it could be something with the fuses in the dash causing the issue. If not I don't know what the issue is. The only thing that gets me is sometimes it will record in parking mode and other times it cuts off.

Interesting, I wonder if they will make an unspliced hardwire kit for the battery?

I think they do

What I may do to test the fuses under the hood is to unplug everything, and wire the camera up under the hood and start and stop the car and see if parking mode remains on. If it does it could be something with the fuses in the dash causing the issue. If not I don't know what the issue is. The only thing that gets me is sometimes it will record in parking mode and other times it cuts off.

that's a good idea

I am wondering does heat cause the camera to power off? Today, when I started driving the camera, did not turn on until a few minutes later. I had to unplug it and plug it back in for it to power back up. It was hot and the car was sitting in the sun.

I am wondering does heat cause the camera to power off? Today, when I started driving the camera, did not turn on until a few minutes later. I had to unplug it and plug it back in for it to power back up. It was hot and the car was sitting in the sun.

have you changed the wiring config at all or is it still setup on the circuit that has been turning off?

have you changed the wiring config at all or is it still setup on the circuit that has been turning off?
Nope, I haven't changed anything, the Last thing I changed was setting it from the door fuse to the tail fuse a few weeks ago. It did this one time before but I thought the cause of it was something wrong with my previous hard wire kit or the heat. I pointed one of my AC vents to it to cool it down.

Been running parking mode the past few days at work with 12 hour shutdown (never reached the full 12 hours) and 5 fps and today the cut off was an hour into parking. I don't think it's a bug and think it's working as intended at 12.2V shutoff. I probably don't need 12 hour shutdown, especially parked in a lot at work, so ignorant question: Would disabling parking mode and running my car as normal eventually increase the battery charge to normal?

so ignorant question: Would disabling parking mode and running my car as normal eventually increase the battery charge to normal?

valid question, not drawing a load while parked would possibly improve the lifespan of your battery but it still won't get it back to as new performance, battery lifespan is certainly something you trade off to have parking mode

what sort of temps are you talking about?
I think it was around 100 - 105 Faranhite. However today I did some more investigating and went to my car when parked. Checked the camera and it was off, so I went to check the hardwire kit and the red light was on. I'm not too sure what turned it off since the hardwire kit light was still on. I went to see if I can power the camera up with the power button and when I press it the REC light turns on then turns off and the camera appears to still be off. I turn on the car and the camera powers on. Is this normal behavior?

not that hot, you have to long press the power button when there is no ACC power present, a short press will just light the REC light and go back off

if B+ power is cut and then resumed the camera will not turn back on, ACC must be present for that to happen

not that hot, you have to long press the power button when there is no ACC power present, a short press will just light the REC light and go back off

if B+ power is cut and then resumed the camera will not turn back on, ACC must be present for that to happen

Ahh yes, that explains it. I also caught it in the act while getting gas lol. I went in my car noticed it was off and check the hard wire it and the light was off too. However, when I pressed the brake pedal the brake lights came on and when I unplugged it from the tail light fuse and plugged it back in the light turned back on. Any ideas on why it's doing this? I guess my only way to get parking mode is to use an external battery?

I'm not sure but there is something unusual in your setup that we aren't seeing with others that's for sure

What do the different beeps mean when it switches to parking mode? I've noticed that sometimes I get a single set of double beeps when it switches from normal to parking mode and sometimes a double beep > split second pause > another double beep.

Curious to know what they mean!

probably just a timing thing, it will double beep when it changes modes but there can be a slight delay sometimes when switching

valid question, not drawing a load while parked would possibly improve the lifespan of your battery but it still won't get it back to as new performance, battery lifespan is certainly something you trade off to have parking mode

Since I've reached the point where my car is turning off parking mode an hour after I park, would that mean that unless I reduce my voltage to 12.0V that I've effectively used up all my room at 12.2V?

Since I've reached the point where my car is turning off parking mode an hour after I park, would that mean that unless I reduce my voltage to 12.0V that I've effectively used up all my room at 12.2V?

correct, keep in mind the voltage reading at the hardwire kit will be lower than at the actual battery so you're not really pushing things running at 12.2v cutoff

Back