SGDCHW for SG9663DC (3-wire hardwire kit to enable PARKING MODE function) Timed & Low Battery Discharge Prevention

What are the other settings values you have for parking mode?

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Just got to the car, camera has turned itself off. I've checked the voltage on the battery and its showing 12.35v. Cutoff is set to 12v. What gives? I know I've said it before, but I never had this issue on 1.34T....
Just checked it again after being parked up for an hour. Camera is still on and battery is showing 12.43v

What are the other settings values you have for parking mode?

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk
It's set to 3 wire and 6 hour shutdown timer. I need to check my card and see how long it's shutting off after, but it's definitely much less than 6 hours. Closer to 2-3 hours I reckon.

Edit: I've just checked the footage from earlier when I know it shut off and the voltage was still good. Pretty much 1 hour 10 mins exactly from when it went into parking mode to when it shut itself off. Faulty HW kit?

Last edited:
Just got to the car, camera has turned itself off. I've checked the voltage on the battery and its showing 12.35v. Cutoff is set to 12v. What gives? I know I've said it before, but I never had this issue on 1.34T....

after everything turns off there will be a small rise in voltage, 0.1v to 0.2v rise is typical, the reading at the battery will be higher than at the hardwire kit unless you're wired directly to battery, the hardwire kit has a +/- 0.1v tolerance level so 12v can be from 11.9v to 12.1v, with the kit set to 12v a reading of 12.35v at the battery after it has gone off sounds about right, the camera draws around 210mAh in parking mode so if your battery gets to that voltage within 2 or so hours is probably an indication of battery size/age/condition

after everything turns off there will be a small rise in voltage, 0.1v to 0.2v rise is typical, the reading at the battery will be higher than at the hardwire kit unless you're wired directly to battery, the hardwire kit has a +/- 0.1v tolerance level so 12v can be from 11.9v to 12.1v, with the kit set to 12v a reading of 12.35v at the battery after it has gone off sounds about right, the camera draws around 210mAh in parking mode so if your battery gets to that voltage within 2 or so hours is probably an indication of battery size/age/condition
My car is only 10 months old. So should I try dropping it to 11.8v and seeing how that goes? According to what you say it should still keep the battery at just about 12v?

My car is only 10 months old. So should I try dropping it to 11.8v and seeing how that goes? According to what you say it should still keep the battery at just about 12v?

yes I would try 11.8v, your battery will be higher than this at the point of cutting off, at 10 months old age is not much of a factor, physical size and state of charge each time will have more impact on the results, car batteries are not meant to be powering devices long term, they have a high CCA rating and reasonable standby capacity, they are designed to have a high current output for a very short period (starting your car) and then be quickly charged back to their normal standby voltage and maintained at that level, although we refer to them as 12v batteries their normal voltage at rest when fully charged is around 12.5v, at 12v they are considered to be at a 50% charge state, in a modern car the voltage will be around 14.5v while the car is running just to get the battery back to a fully charged state after you've had a large current draw from starting the vehicle, how far you drive in between stops will vary the resting voltage once you stop the car

yes I would try 11.8v, your battery will be higher than this at the point of cutting off, at 10 months old age is not much of a factor, physical size and state of charge each time will have more impact on the results, car batteries are not meant to be powering devices long term, they have a high CCA rating and reasonable standby capacity, they are designed to have a high current output for a very short period (starting your car) and then be quickly charged back to their normal standby voltage and maintained at that level, although we refer to them as 12v batteries their normal voltage at rest when fully charged is around 12.5v, at 12v they are considered to be at a 50% charge state, in a modern car the voltage will be around 14.5v while the car is running just to get the battery back to a fully charged state after you've had a large current draw from starting the vehicle, how far you drive in between stops will vary the resting voltage once you stop the car
It was at 14.16v when the car was running.
Most of the time it's used for shortish journeys.... Home > school > work > school > home > shopping etc

14.16v sounds about right, even when checking voltages you need to do them about 10 minutes or so after stopping as the voltage will be higher when you first stop while the battery is warm (main reason they are mounted in the engine bay) and it will drop as it cools, it will level off after 10 minutes or so

a lot of short trips will have an impact on state of charge at each stop

Latest update.....
I dropped it from 12v to 11.8v last night. This morning I parked up at 8:55am and when I got back to the car at 12:20pm the camera was off. I checked the voltage and it was at 12.42v. The red light on the HW kit was also on. Am I correct in saying that if the voltage drops and the HW shuts down the red light goes off until the next time ignition is on? If so, would that suggest a fault with the camera rather than HW kit?

the voltage drops to cutoff the light goes off, if your camera is off but light is on it means power has resumed, that can be due to rising voltage, or the circuit you're connected to is controlled by the cars ECU and has been power cycled

what make and model of vehicle is it and which circuit did you tap?

the voltage drops to cutoff the light goes off, if your camera is off but light is on it means power has resumed, that can be due to rising voltage, or the circuit you're connected to is controlled by the cars ECU and has been power cycled

what make and model of vehicle is it and which circuit did you tap?
It's a 2017 Hyundai Tucson.
This is what I tapped into.
I used to get the 6 hours using the same fuses though.
e5b8f32df6ab891832c71ce69247b1ac.jpg

Yesterday I had something weird happen. When the camera went in parking mode it beeped 9 times. Just wondering what does this mean? Also when I went to turn the car on the camera did not turn on. I had to hold the power button to power it up.

Also, I changed my voltage cut off to 11.8v to see if that would fix my parking mode as others suggested here and I still get cut off around 5-10 min. I am wondering if there a way to turn off the voltage cutoff? I am just wanting to test if its the voltage cutoff that's causing the issue. As I said in another post though the car was at 12.4v or 12.5v when the camera cut off after I had it on 12.9v

Yesterday I had something weird happen. When the camera went in parking mode it beeped 9 times. Just wondering what does this mean? Also when I went to turn the car on the camera did not turn on. I had to hold the power button to power it up.

not sure, never had that before, I think we arranged for @Street Guardian USA to send you a new power supply once his stock arrives though didn't we?

not sure, never had that before, I think we arranged for @Street Guardian USA to send you a new power supply once his stock arrives though didn't we?
Yep I was just letting you know of it in case the info would help on fixing it :) Just got the tracking number of the new hardwiring kit, will let you all know how it turns out

It's a 2017 Hyundai Tucson.
This is what I tapped into.
I used to get the 6 hours using the same fuses though.
e5b8f32df6ab891832c71ce69247b1ac.jpg
Did you manage to get any further info on my problem?
He said the circuits you tapped should be fine, your model is fairly straightforward

I'm in the factory next week, I'll check with our hardware engineer and see what he says

He said the circuits you tapped should be fine, your model is fairly straightforward

I'm in the factory next week, I'll check with our hardware engineer and see what he says
Appreciate it, Rick!

Back