SGDCHW for SG9663DC (3-wire hardwire kit to enable PARKING MODE function) Timed & Low Battery Discharge Prevention

Well, I think I got some good news. So today I decided to check to see what's up with my fuses and if there is anything else I should try. Looking at them I saw I had some empty fuse slots and no information on them. The Fuse map on my car shows not to put fuses in them. I decided to test them and see if any of them are powered when the car is on. To my surprise, I found one :). I assume its safe to use and is likely not connected to any computer? I have attached an image showing the location of the fuse in my fuse box:

Fuse.PNG

Did you take a multimeter to it and ensure the voltage is correct and that you know which is the live side of the fuse?

Did you take a multimeter to it and ensure the voltage is correct and that you know which is the live side of the fuse?
Yep I did that's how I was able to check. Just to make sure I did put it in right, the positive or input is at the edge and the negative is on the side with the cable?

For a fuse tap? Yes, you want the pigtail on the side that has no power with the fuse removed, opposite the side with power.

For a fuse tap? Yes, you want the pigtail on the side that has no power with the fuse removed, opposite the side with power.
Thanks for confirming that how I installed it :D. Tomorrow I will be driving around so I will test to see if the camera stays on when in parking mode. I am hoping that this fixes the issue

Well got some bad news. Gave it a test today and I still get the same issue. I decided to see if the fuse was on when I saw the light off. When I got home I got my multimeter and waited for it to power off. When I saw the light go out and the camera turns off I put in my multimeter only to find 12.4-12.5 volts were going through the fuse slot I plugged it in. The cutoff was set to 12.0v. So I don't think my fuse is cutting power. Is there any way for me to check and see if power is flowing through the cable? I wanna see if power is flowing through the fuse to the cutoff.

might be hard to test, I think we should probably send a new pre tested hardwire kit in case there is an issue there, @Street Guardian USA is out of stock right now but I can get a backorder arranged so as soon as they get them back in they can test and ship you one

might be hard to test, I think we should probably send a new pre tested hardwire kit in case there is an issue there, @Street Guardian USA is out of stock right now but I can get a backorder arranged so as soon as they get them back in they can test and ship you one

Okay thanks, I know you guys sent me another one already however since you were out of stock you guys shipped it from Amazon. Think I got lucky and got hit with 2 lemon HW kits lol?

@winter4w

Private message me or email me your details. I’ll queue up a replacement on back order so you can test out a new one to rule that out.

Will do thanks! :)

Okay thanks, I know you guys sent me another one already however since you were out of stock you guys shipped it from Amazon. Think I got lucky and got hit with 2 lemon HW kits lol?

not sure but we couldn't pre test the last one to know it was ok, will make sure we test before sending the new one so at least we can know and rule that out as a possibility

Just chiming in since I lasted updated to 1.33 from beta post and switching voltage on parking unit to the lowest setting. I've been getting consistent time lapse recordings for 3 hours or so. I have parking mode set to record for 12 hours, but I am not getting anywhere near that. However I am no longer getting a single 3 minute clip after turning off the car, nor am I getting full video recordings while in parking mode.

What is your battery cut off voltage value on hardwiring adapter?

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

What is your battery cut off voltage value on hardwiring adapter?

Lowest possible setting at 11.8.

Just chiming in since I lasted updated to 1.33 from beta post and switching voltage on parking unit to the lowest setting. I've been getting consistent time lapse recordings for 3 hours or so. I have parking mode set to record for 12 hours, but I am not getting anywhere near that. However I am no longer getting a single 3 minute clip after turning off the car, nor am I getting full video recordings while in parking mode.
Mine also appears to be cutting out sooner than the 6 hour cutoff time since I updated to 1.33. I think mine is set to 12v off the top of my head....

My cutoff times are all over the place. Sometimes 3 hours now and sometimes 14 hours or anywhere in between, Set to 11.8 and 24 hour run. Battery voltage not falling below 12.0.

Frustrated as can be now.

My cutoff times are all over the place. Sometimes 3 hours now and sometimes 14 hours or anywhere in between, Set to 11.8 and 24 hour run. Battery voltage not falling below 12.0.

When the next production is completed I’m happy to send a new one for you to test. Out of stock a few more weeks.

Calculating the expected runtime using Battery discharge prevention low voltage cutoff is not an exact science unfortunately with so many variables and types.

Frustrated as can be now.
Just to confirm which FW are you on?

Calculating the expected runtime using Battery discharge prevention low voltage cutoff is not an exact science unfortunately with so many variables and types.

correct, among other variables the temperature, how long you just drove for, age of the battery etc all play a part in what result you will get, vehicle batteries are not a fixed value at all times

Back