SGDCHW for SG9663DC (3-wire hardwire kit to enable PARKING MODE function) Timed & Low Battery Discharge Prevention

Yes you can cut off the male cig plug from the included power supply and hard wire that to switched accessory.

Thanks, i'll give this a shot.

Does Street Guardian have any authorized shops/professionals that do installations, specifically in the NYC region? I bought one to test out on my daily driver and the quality looks great. I'm considering getting more for my other car and as gifts but don't look forward to installing anymore (especially in this weather).

Also as an FYI - Amazon does a pretty lackluster job of shipping. They stuck the box in a poorly padded envelope, luckily nothing was damaged.

I ordered direct for these very reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went through all 37 pages again and I didn't see what triggers parking mode (time lapse) other than the voltage drop when using the hardwire kit. What other settings trigger an impact that will make the DC save that footage? Will the G-sensor setting save footage in the RO folder once an impact is detected in parking mode? Is the DC constantly buffering footage to capture seconds before the impact or will the impact detected only show footage once the G-sensor is triggered as an RO file? So if someone backs into my car or hits it from behind while in parking mode will the seconds before impact (buffered) be recorded and saved in the RO folder to be able to view the entire impact or does it just save the file from when the impact is detected? This would be crucial if someone hits my car while parked and then drives off. While the license plate will be saved once the impact is detected, the footage wouldn't show the seconds before the impact itself.

we just put together a hardwire kit user manual.

https://streetguardian.cam/support#product-manuals

c30942c19a624ecc17f67f3a2773d8da.jpg

8fe4eb7f708613c5aa27a5e4600b3486.jpg

G Sensor events will still move time lapse parking mode recordings into the RO folder.

Thanks, i'll give this a shot.

Does Street Guardian have any authorized shops/professionals that do installations, specifically in the NYC region? I bought one to test out on my daily driver and the quality looks great. I'm considering getting more for my other car and as gifts but don't look forward to installing anymore (especially in this weather).

Also as an FYI - Amazon does a pretty lackluster job of shipping. They stuck the box in a poorly padded envelope, luckily nothing was damaged.

That’s Amazon fulfilled for you we wish we had more control over that. We pack it much better when ordered direct.

@DashCamBros http://DashCamBros.com are around there and might know. You can also Yelp search your local car audio installer.

we just put together a hardwire kit user manual.

https://streetguardian.cam/support#product-manuals

c30942c19a624ecc17f67f3a2773d8da.jpg

8fe4eb7f708613c5aa27a5e4600b3486.jpg

G Sensor events will still move time lapse parking mode recordings into the RO folder.
Thank you for the manuals.

Out of curiosity, how many clips before the impact is detected will be moved into the RO folder? Will it be similar to other dash cams that buffer a few seconds before the impact and then save the footage?

Buffering isn’t needed since it’s a constant time lapse recording. This way nothing is missed. Motion defection is not reliable enough. G sensor event trigger saves current segment plus previous or after into RO folder depending if it happened in the first or last 50%

Last edited:
I went through all 37 pages again and I didn't see what triggers parking mode (time lapse) other than the voltage drop when using the hardwire kit. What other settings trigger an impact that will make the DC save that footage? Will the G-sensor setting save footage in the RO folder once an impact is detected in parking mode? Is the DC constantly buffering footage to capture seconds before the impact or will the impact detected only show footage once the G-sensor is triggered as an RO file? So if someone backs into my car or hits it from behind while in parking mode will the seconds before impact (buffered) be recorded and saved in the RO folder to be able to view the entire impact or does it just save the file from when the impact is detected? This would be crucial if someone hits my car while parked and then drives off. While the license plate will be saved once the impact is detected, the footage wouldn't show the seconds before the impact itself.

parking mode doesn't get triggered by voltage drop, once you power off it goes into parking mode and will turn off based on your timer or voltage settings, timelapse records constantly so there's no need to have a buffer as you get everything anyway

parking mode doesn't get triggered by voltage drop, once you power off it goes into parking mode and will turn off based on your timer or voltage settings, timelapse records constantly so there's no need to have a buffer as you get everything anyway
Thank you guys for the quick replies.

One more question, is there an option to turn the timer off and just use tow voltage cut off in parking mode? I don't recall reading if the 12-hour timer has been increased to 24-hours or if there's an option to turn it completely off in v1.33.

24 hours is the current max timer shut down. It's very hard on your vehicle battery (which is designed for cold cranking starting amps) to have a constant load drawing on it long term.

Thank you guys for the quick replies.

One more question, is there an option to turn the timer off and just use tow voltage cut off in parking mode? I don't recall reading if the 12-hour timer has been increased to 24-hours or if there's an option to turn it completely off in v1.33.

there's no off option (you should be using V1.35 by the way), you can either use a lower time setting like 5 minutes if it's something you will rarely use, if it's something you occasionally don't want to use then just press and hold the power button to turn the camera off once it has entered parking mode

24 hours is the current max timer shut down. It's very hard on your vehicle battery (which is designed for cold cranking starting amps) to have a constant load drawing on it long term.

maybe I misinterpreted the question, yeah if you want longer run time 24 hours is currently the maximum, there's no timer OFF option, without using something like a Cellink Neo longer record times are not practical

there's no off option (you should be using V1.35 by the way), you can either use a lower time setting like 5 minutes if it's something you will rarely use, if it's something you occasionally don't want to use then just press and hold the power button to turn the camera off once it has entered parking mode
maybe I misinterpreted the question, yeah if you want longer run time 24 hours is currently the maximum, there's no timer OFF option, without using something like a Cellink Neo longer record times are not practical

Yes! That's exactly what I was looking for. The 24 hour cut off will work just fine for my needs. Since I rely on parking mode heavily I will set it to 24 hours once I get a chance to install my DC.

Mini ATO Low Profile is orderable again on Amazon (y)
Wish I would get it before the new year, but so far it's planned to be delivered in the middle of January. Sounds like someone should optimize their restocking procedure a bit more :LOL:

Mini ATO Low Profile is orderable again on Amazon (y)
Wish I would get it before the new year, but so far it's planned to be delivered in the middle of January. Sounds like someone should optimize their restocking procedure a bit more :LOL:

They should ship before 2019. We manually set the Amazon restock date to the maximum 30 days + padded 7 processing as a worst case scenario. We risk account suspension if a flood of orders are shipped late or get auto cancelled etc. I was getting hammered with questions so wanted to at least get the listing active again ASAP. Production is finished and everything is on a boat to Australia. They will be sent DHL express to the USA as soon as they arrive. Mini Low Profile sold faster than expected plus Dashcam sales in general are at record numbers last several weeks.

I always get happy when a parcel reach me before the estimate, even if it is a flaky 30 day estimate out of China.

For sure.
At least when you are out there like you guys, if its a store thats hard to get a hold on i assume it could be annoying having to wait for something you don't really have to wait for.
I prefer your guys routine.

Sounds more like the Black Friday craze, which was on November 23rd. Black Friday is a big thing in the US, all stores slash their prices for a single day only, people don't go to work as they have Thursday-Sunday off due to the Thanksgiving holiday being on Thursday, so they can spend all Friday shopping and looking for deals, stores have huge lines of people even before they open for business in the morning, etc. It's a great day to buy anything you have been wanting to buy as it's likely discounted, usually just moderately discounted (but hey, 15% off is better than nothing if you were planning on gettig the item anyway, right?) but sometimes there are also very good deals which you wouldn't see for a while. It's basically the day when you ask yourself "what are all the things I want to buy?" and check if they have been discounted enough to warrant buying. I guess dashcams have been on the mind of several people.

Back