SGZC12SS Mount connector

DocHudson

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just curious if SGZC12SS mount connector is so tight that I have hard time pushing both the connectors across (suction mount as well as sticky). I am just afraid that I will break that.
Bonus question - What size filter one can buy to put it on top of the lens?

Last edited:
Just curious if SGZC12SS mount connector is so tight that I have hard time pushing both the connectors across (suction mount as well as sticky). I am just afraid that I will break that.
Bonus question - What size filter one can buy to put it on top of the lens?

Here's a video I made for someone a few months ago that got their SGZC12SG mount stuck. (same T-Mount peg system as the SS)

The best 3rd party mounts for these as far as easy on/off goes, are the following:
https://shop.pier28.com/index.php/a...-suction-cup-mount-for-sgzc12sg-sgzc12ss.html
https://shop.pier28.com/index.php/a...-3m-adhesive-mount-for-sgzc12sg-sgzc12ss.html

CPL filter options:
https://shop.pier28.com/index.php/accessories/v-2-0-cpl-filter-for-panorama-x2-s-g.html
https://shop.pier28.com/index.php/accessories/v-1-0-cpl-filter-for-panorama-s-sgzc12ss.html

(P.S. the above items are also all on Amazon as well)

Thanks for the video.
I managed with the sticky mount but still can not slide suction mount. I prefer suction mount only because I have Subaru Forester with the Eyesight collision warning system. That thing is super sensitive to what I put on windshield and where. I don't want to make any mistake with sticky mount and this thing keeps giving me false positives. Worse is, it brakes by itself, that can get one into trouble with false positive.

Secondly, I can use microUSB as well? There is a port on the top.
And the GPS is a separate attachment, right?

Thanks for the video.
I managed with the sticky mount but still can not slide suction mount. I prefer suction mount only because I have Subaru Forester with the Eyesight collision warning system. That thing is super sensitive to what I put on windshield and where. I don't want to make any mistake with sticky mount and this thing keeps giving me false positives. Worse is, it brakes by itself, that can get one into trouble with false positive.

Secondly, I can use microUSB as well? There is a port on the top.
And the GPS is a separate attachment, right?

No Problem,

The G-Sensor is also very sensitive on the SS. You should to set G-Sensor to Low (High or Medium is too sensitive)

The microUSB port, is a factory service port only. The camera will power up, but it won't start recording automatically, and it won't fully charge the supercapacitors. (so only use the side 12V port)

The SGZC12SS doesn't have a GPS option, the other two ports are a AV "Line-In" and "Line-Out". (sorry about the misprint on the shell that incorrectly labels Line-In as GPS)
Here is how the Line-In works for optional rear channel backup camera recording.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...ion-of-rear-reversing-camera-recording.14926/

I'm interested in a different mount as well. I can't quite get the right spot on my GTI--where it's totally behind the rear view mirror. Correct me if I'm wrong, I think the adhesive version has a lower profile. Does this come with black or gray 3m adhesive? Black I assume would be better.

As far a glare goes, my photography background tells me to use a hood. Unfortunately ultra wide angle hoods tend to be the large, flower petal-style, or cylindrical with a square cutout (google Pentax DA 15 limited). Filters themselves often create glare and vignetting, adding yet another variable in front of your lens.

I'm interested in a different mount as well. I can't quite get the right spot on my GTI--where it's totally behind the rear view mirror. Correct me if I'm wrong, I think the adhesive version has a lower profile. Does this come with black or gray 3m adhesive? Black I assume would be better.

As far a glare goes, my photography background tells me to use a hood. Unfortunately ultra wide angle hoods tend to be the large, flower petal-style, or cylindrical with a square cutout (google Pentax DA 15 limited). Filters themselves often create glare and vignetting, adding yet another variable in front of your lens.

The default color pre-stuck to the mount is gray, but we now include a spare black 3M VHB square adhesive to use in place of the grey. (we agree Black looks MUCH better from the outside of the car, and is why we include the updated black pad in the bag) And yes the optional mounts listed are much lower profile. (adhesive being the shortest)

Our CPL filter will not have any vignetting. CPL is a tradeoff though, less glare/reflections from below, but CPL glass can introduce a bit of motion blur in fast moving situations off center.

The default color pre-stuck to the mount is gray, but we now include a spare black 3M VHB square adhesive to use in place of the grey. (we agree Black looks MUCH better from the outside of the car, and is why we include the updated black pad in the bag) And yes the optional mounts listed are much lower profile. (adhesive being the shortest)

Sold! haha! I'm actually thinking if I can get the camera above the RVM, with the mounts into the dot-matrix area, that would put the camera high enough that the dash won't reflect (not that big of a problem on my GTI) and I can get my windshield reflector up flat (needed when you're parked outside 24/7 with a black leather interior in SoCal).

Our CPL filter will not have any vignetting. CPL is a tradeoff though, less glare/reflections from below, but CPL glass can introduce a bit of motion blur in fast moving situations off center.

I can see that effect happening--the lowered T/stop from the polarizer and distortion from the wide angle can mess with that.

Here is the PANO3M2 mounted via SGZC12SG behind a few mirrors
(and remember the SGZC12SS is slightly shorter yet, so even better)
Note the one photo below is using grey, but you can now use the included black 3M tape as discussed above.

cbWXvIG.png

rXdCP7I.png

V28SGV1.png

LrV26Lx.png

Thanks for the shots! On the PANOGSK (suction). It looks like I can flip T-connector around, so that it's more offset instead of being directly below and perpendicular to the base. Can you confirm this? I think creating an offset would allow an install closer to the windshield.

With that last picture. Do you think with the PANO3m2, I could attach the camera to the rear view mirror itself and get enough rotation to point straight ahead? (My back of my mirror is flatter compared to the convex shape of yours.)

Last edited:
Thanks for the shots! On the PANOGSK (suction). It looks like I can flip T-connector around, so that it's more offset instead of being directly below and perpendicular to the base. Can you confirm this? I think creating an offset would allow an install closer to the windshield.

If you flip it around the vertical tilt grip teeth will no longer line up.
a1ec2a7e7d6d81a8370fbe9616ff59fe.jpg

Back