Simple Slide-In/Up bracket mount windshield holder for Panorama II / S

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
I own Panorama dashcam from Feb 2013. Since then I have made half-dozen of different DIY brackets / mounts for it, every time going into more and more complex solutions, mostly using Neodymium magnets ( check my other DIY projects )

This time I decided not to complicate stuff and try to use existing original Panorama mount and make simple but at the same time practical windshield holder with option for quick and easy mount / dismount which can be made even blind-folded with one hand.

I will not write too much, everything can be seen from videos and photos.

This DIY project has been made quickly "on-the-go" within 30min.

Used:

- PLASTIC FILE PAPER CLASPS / CLIPS FOR OFFICE PAPER
- scissors
- super-glue
- ... and some imagination :)

Have been using / testing it for 4 days and have no complaints yet , dashcamera mount hold is strong and tight, but at same time easy to mount / dismount.

Practical and simple, very happy with it !

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

a5.jpg

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Niko for your great job, and very impressed on your passion for the DIY projects and reviews.

good job niko....if there's not enough room behind the mirror, tell people to turn the mount 90 degrees like i did on my van

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/2-finevu-dcs-p-car-4-cars-big-headache.4205/

so u can just slide it in sideways...I haven't got around to cleaning up my first beta attempt & am still using it as pictured...works great w/ no movement of the cam

Thanks, I already made side-slide version and will post it soon. Its something similar to my past DIY projects:

DIY Sliding Bracket Mount for Dash Camera DVR ( Urive Albatross2 Albatross II AlbatrossII )

Thanks. I do my best ;)

Thanks.
I am working on best possible and practical solution for mass-production ( with less investment needed into tooling ) for existing Panorama series mount to be able for easy and quick mount-dismount.
Soon will post my other DIY ( side-slide solution ) and hopefully it can be taken into mass-production.

Great! That is exactly I was talking about!
How about jitter? Is your mount solid enough?

Also I would propose to add one magnet for holding camera in attached position.

Great! That is exactly I was talking about!
How about jitter? Is your mount solid enough?

Also I would propose to add one magnet for holding camera in attached position.

No jitter, very solid. The sides and bottom plastic parts have kinda spring action which forces original Pano bracket by pushing it towarda DIY base. I am 95% happy. 5% improvement will leave to the fact that I did whole project without any detailed measurements, just on-the-go, with office scissors. If put it into industrial production then those remaining 5% will be fixed.

Magnets are my favourite "toys", but here I did not want to use any magnets or any other changes to original bracket. My goal was ( is ) to create as simple as possible, but at same time practical bracket base which might go into mass production and can be bought and used by people who already bought Pano without any need of bracket modifications, just buy base and use "straight from the box" ( many average Joe dont want any extra DIY ). Besides, present setup is strong enough to hold mount in place without magnets.

But as in video mentioned, this solution is not fully practical because of need to pull-up action in ordet to mount / dismount which needs about 5cm room between mirror. This project is a step to my next one with side-slide option like I did for Urive Albatross.

Thanks.
I am working on best possible and practical solution for mass-production ( with less investment needed into tooling ) for existing Panorama series mount to be able for easy and quick mount-dismount.
Soon will post my other DIY ( side-slide solution ) and hopefully it can be taken into mass-production.

That would be great to take your idea to be reality in sample, and now would go to mass production.
Starting from the simple, easy using ones, Step by Step, that would be helpful.

Fully support you to go ahead!

Back