Site Not Available

It's behaving pretty good now.
So the 3 days' posts are gone forever?

I've closed Tapatalk & reset my iPad, but am still getting this message...

image.jpg

Edit. Still no luck with iPad, however, Tapatalk on my Android Tablet is working normally...

Last edited:
I had problems connectiong for a couple days but alls well now and back to normal.:)

I've closed Tapatalk & reset my iPad, but am still getting this message...

View attachment 16848

Edit. Still no luck with iPad, however, Tapatalk on my Android Tablet is working normally...

Describe "reset my iPad"
Did you go into tapatalk settings and clear the cache? That's what fixed my iPhone 6 plus.

It's behaving pretty good now.
So the 3 days' posts are gone forever?
I hope @DashCamMan can recover them from the copy of the corrupt db as he said he was going to attempt... I had a huge review post started on an action cam, and silly me, I didn't copy the text to my pc. Gonna check my browser cache to see if maybe somehow it's in there... Been ages since I've gone cache diving!

Everything appeared to be back to normal with the Tapatalk iOS App, but now I'm getting this...

image.jpg

No access at all on my iPad. Fortunately the Tapatalk Android App is working ok, so I don't have to resort to a Web Browser...

Everything appeared to be back to normal with the Tapatalk iOS App, but now I'm getting this...

View attachment 16855

No access at all on my iPad. Fortunately the Tapatalk Android App is working ok, so I don't have to resort to a Web Browser...

I just got the same exact error on my iPhone 6 plus moments ago for the first time. I was able to respond to one post and when I backed out to the root it popped up

I just got the same exact error on my iPhone 6 plus moments ago for the first time. I was able to respond to one post and when I backed out to the root it popped up

I've just now reopened the Tapatalk iOS App, & normal service has resumed. Strange behaviour...

Fortunately the Tapatalk Android App is working ok, so I don't have to resort to a Web Browser...

this is the one forum i go to that DOESN"T suck in mobile chrome. it doesn't force a crappy "mobile-optimized" site that removes most of the useful features, and it has a look/feel consistent with the desktop browser.

strangely, even XDA has a rather crappy mobile version of their forum. you'd think of all places on the interwebs, XDA would have the best possible mobile site. but they don't.

i don't use tapatalk. but then i don't get on nearly as many forums as i used to. basically just here, toyotanation, and xda. and TN and XDA are a long distant second and third behind this site.

Another update. Seems like the server is working fine now. Unfortunately I will not be able to recover the posts from Wed to Sat. While the database was intact, the posts table was corrupted.

Also looking at moving to a new server shortly with a better backup strategy as well. Currently investigating the options available but the server change should happen this week or next.

thankfully i was able to recover my huge review post on the DS200 action cam by digging into my browser cache (link now in my signature). i had to reupload the images and tweak a little formatting, but that's trivial compared to the actual words. and i've learned an important lesson - when writing something like that, keep a local copy. it makes editing easier anyway.

thanks for your hard work keeping the site running, DCM.

Keep up the good work Dashcamman!

It seems that dashcamtalk forum is not available from my phone.
Used different browsers and no success.
Works from PC.
Is anyone else having trouble accessing site from mobile?

It seems that dashcamtalk forum is not available from my phone.
Used different browsers and no success.
Works from PC.
Is anyone else having trouble accessing site from mobile?
What is the URL in your phone? DCT recently changed to dashcamtalk.com/forum' from 'forum.dashcamtalk.com'

Back