SJCAM SJ5000x Elite Sony IMX078 2k Gyro Action Cam - Releasing Soon

Aha okay then i understand you now! :)
I hope you get them soon. I am really curious about the cams.

Can SJcam tell us somehting about gearbest and the cheap price?

Aha okay then i understand you now! :)
I hope you get them soon. I am really curious about the cams.

Can SJcam tell us somehting about gearbest and the cheap price?

The price was raised back to the original price. Unlike other SJCAM models, this model will probably not be released to the general Chinese market (electronics market) anytime soon as it is basically back-ordered already.

Yes, there may be some retailers that do a 10usd discount.

The SJCamHD.com store does have a pretty good warranty policy and if you order directly from us, you will get your units first :)

Our new site will be launching soon (maybe today or Monday) and updated warranty policy, support section, forums will all be added.

I get it thank you! I am really curious hoe your new website wil be.
When is there a review commune of the quality of the film?

The first discount was higher than 10 ;)

Is there a Gyro stabilization in Elite?

5000 might be more stable but the video looks better on the 4000

I sadly think I have to agree. Went back an forth between the footage and the 5000 looks more "blurry" like the chip can't keep up with the image. Was really hope this 500 elite would be the best product from sjcam. I'll wait for a couple of reviews first.

Pavle, is one on route to you?

I sadly think I have to agree. Went back an forth between the footage and the 5000 looks more "blurry" like the chip can't keep up with the image. Was really hope this 500 elite would be the best product from sjcam. I'll wait for a couple of reviews first.

Pavle, is one on route to you?

really need raw footage to know for sure as YouTube can mess with things, at face value though the old model does look better, will be better once @Pavle or someone has one and can get some subjective independent reviews

@bnevets27
I do plan to get one, not sure when as I currently have 3-4 cameras lined up for a review. And knowing SJCAM, its better to wait for few firmware updates to do a review, since first few batches always require improvements, and for me its hard to keep up to date articles when product gets updated 20 times a year. At least that is my experience. Perhaps Elite will be different, who knows.

@bnevets27
I do plan to get one, not sure when as I currently have 3-4 cameras lined up for a review. And knowing SJCAM, its better to wait for few firmware updates to do a review, since first few batches always require improvements, and for me its hard to keep up to date articles when product gets updated 20 times a year. At least that is my experience. Perhaps Elite will be different, who knows.

it's only 6 more SJ models till Christmas :p

@sjcam_official

You mentioned Gyro is a hardware addition, but can you take the time and clarify us the difference between it and software stabilization, or digital image stabilization.

Personally I somehow have a feeling its more of a software improvement, but would really like to know the difference.

So can you tell us how Gyro works, and how is it different to digital stabilization. What pieces of hardware and softer inside do to create stabilized video? If you do not know you can ask your engineers and get back to us.

Do you consider adding optical stabilization in future? That would be a game-changer if the price can remain normal. For instance Sony camera is 40$ more expensive but has Zeiss optics for optical stabilization. Just an idea.

as I was shortly explained, the Gyro stabilization varies compared to the digital image stabilization as the Gyro sensor is actually a built-in chip. The Gyro works to edit out bumps (up and down) and not really while swaying the camera.

That was actually my first video I shot with SJAM and it turns out that that model had the older firmware. I think once people like Pavle and company get their units we will be seeing many reviews and footage.

So we can expect a better image from the new sj5000x because this was filmed with the old firmware?

Great!

I also didn't check out the camera settings. You should be seeing other reviews online soon.

Good point jokiin

Thanks Pavle, I was going to jump on this 5000 elite but maybe I'll wait to see what you have in store.

@sjcam_official
Why was the quantity available removed from your website during the update? I liked seeing how many you still had in stock.

Got my Cameras in! Will do a review and video test tomorrow when I get 4k capable sd cards!

Thanks SjCam!

12240104_10208171115664829_2680154188217837743_n_zpsnqixneos.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Got my Cameras in! Will do a review and video test tomorrow when I get 4k capable sd cards!

Thanks SjCam!

[/URL][/IMG]

Great to see they arrived okay. We are looking forward to your reviews. I see you also received the free chargers.

Back